• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS) box and dated for November 22nd in NA/ November for EU

iOjO7eWVB4iAh.jpg

Will be $39.99 in NA.

Box was hard to get right, opening it in Paint and Pain.net makes it washed out, uploading it makes it uber saturated, had to C&P the box from viewing it in Photo Viewer and piece it back together from scratch.

They really should have had an online mode for the minigame modes though Party Mode online just seems like it wouldn't work well. In randoms, people would ragequit. With friends it could probably work but in long games a connection could easily drop ruining the whole thing. These type of games don't really seem suitable for it. Online minigames is a missed opportunity though.

Anyway, I'll have to see more before I decide to buy this. I didn't play 9 so I wonder how much they'll stick to that formula.

I wasn't going to buy this game, but I'm part of a Streetpass community and people are very excited about this. I might jump in just to go along. This sounds like a perfect game for MeetUps along with Mario Kart...

xJavonta

Banned
Playing an actual, full game of Mario Party online seems like it would be pretty shitty for a number of reasons. Face to face co-op for life.
Until everyone you play it with moves to different parts of the country so local play isn't an option

Yeah, I'm pretty fucking pissed about no online.

Karakato_001

Neo Member
Enjoyed the DS game, might get this one after the holidays, but no online? That's a missed opportunity, at least it should have download play.

Looks like gameplay might be card based, looking at the box art. Hopefully it's not Sonic Shuffle-esque. Regardless, I'm a sucker for MP games.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If this doesn't have online, I'll have no option than to skip it. I only know 2 or 3 people in real life that own the console, and we don't see each other often. I don't want to play this on my own, so I'll be forced to pass.

Top Bottom