• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS) box and dated for November 22nd in NA/ November for EU

Azriell

I've got 7 3DSs in my house. If it's got fully featured download play I'll be there on day 1, else there's no way I can justify buying 4+ copies to play MP.

daffy

Banned
Appreciate the work that went into reposting that box art op

Azriell said:
I've got 7 3DSs in my house. If it's got fully featured download play I'll be there on day 1, else there's no way I can justify buying 4+ copies to play MP.
But you can justify having 7 3ds I mean where do we draw the line azriell

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
I know at least two people that have a 3DS and LOVE Mario Party...but everyone refuses to buy because of no online...we don't always see each other.

hatchx

Banned
No online no buy as well. Single player Mario party is just boring. Atleast Mario golf is going to have all the fine trimmings.

Anustart

Playable Bowser Jr.? This will fill that Koopa Kid void
If Itadaki Street can do online, I don't see why this can't :(

Careful! You might draw out the crazies who say Mario Party would be a worse game with online play.

I don't know why it's not online :/ There is exactly a 0% chance I'll ever have more than person over willing to play.

EulaCapra

Here.
You can see her waiting on the board, and I don't know if NPC were playable before.
Hope we can unlock her or something.
Be a damn shame if they just teased Rosalina on the box.

Boo, Shy Guy, and Kamek make an appearance but who knows in what capacity this time. Birdo and Toadette aren't even acknowledged and Birdo was in the last one!

Careful! You might draw out the crazies who say Mario Party would be a worse game with online play.

I don't know why it's not online :/ There is exactly a 0% chance I'll ever have more than person over willing to play.
There are people who don't want online?!

Please done play like Mario Party 9. Please don't play like Mario Party 9.

Just go back to the basics, Nintendo, you haven't changed any of the other Mario spin off games that drastically before, just make it play like 1-8 and I'll buy it.

Boogiepop

Looks nice. I'll probably pick it up for when I hang out with friends (assuming proper download play of course, but I'm not too worried seeing as DS did it fine), so no online isn't a deal-breaker for me.

Hale-XF11

Yeah, if this doesn't have online, I will have no one to play it with, so it would be pretty pointless.

Nice box art though!

batbeg

I might buy this and Wii party u to play with my friends when I visit once or twice a month. I only have two friends with a 3ds though, need a fourth.

mooooose

They should make Mario Party free to play and have it so if one person in a game has lots of minigames unlocked, you all get to play. Then add online.

I continue to be amazed by how Nintendo games that obviously need online like NSMB Wii U, Nintendo Land, and Star Fox 64 3DS don't have it, yet games like Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Kid Icarus: Uprising come with elaborate multiplayer modes with, surprise, online. Now the same thing is happening again with Mario Party (no online) and freaking A Link Between Worlds (some form of online connectivity).

It boggles the mind.

Lovely boxart, though. Rosalina's a nice surprise, too.

bring donkey kong seriously why did they cut him

SoulUnison

Banned
Even with only a 10 Turn length game, I think the average online gamer wouldn't have the attention span to make it even half way through. Not to mention all the rage-quits there'd be and disconnects when people feel like they're not going to win.

I can barely even get through the shortest game length in Luigi's Mansion online without at least one person dropping out, and that only takes about 15 minutes. The minimum length Mario Party game is more like 45 minutes.

Madao

so this is the first non-SMG and non-Mario Kart game with Rosalina?

i hope she's playable. i can always fall back on Daisy but rosalina needs to be playable in more games.

Rizsparky

Box art is far too busy.

Its nothing compared to this..

250px-Marioparty9logo.png

NotLiquid

I can't see online Mario Part working, let alone on a handheld. There'd be rage-quits left and right. The game's formula isn't really tailored for it.

That and I'd miss the ability to destroy relationships and physically assault my friends for stealing my fucking stars.

Guess I'll be passing on this. Annoyed by the lack of online. For platformers, I can somewhat understand why ... but this shouldn't be an issue at all.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Even with only a 10 Turn length game, I think the average online gamer wouldn't have the attention span to make it even half way through. Not to mention all the rage-quits there'd be and disconnects when people feel like they're not going to win.

I can barely even get through the shortest game length in Luigi's Mansion online without at least one person dropping out, and that only takes about 15 minutes. The minimum length Mario Party game is more like 45 minutes.
So? I could always play with friends or fellow GAFfers then. Without online multiplayer I won't be able to do either, which means the game is worthless to me.

Frolow

Banned
I continue to be amazed by how Nintendo games that obviously need online like NSMB Wii U, Nintendo Land, and Star Fox 64 3DS don't have it, yet games like Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Kid Icarus: Uprising come with elaborate multiplayer modes with, surprise, online. Now the same thing is happening again with Mario Party (no online) and freaking A Link Between Worlds (some form of online connectivity).

It boggles the mind.

Lovely boxart, though. Rosalina's a nice surprise, too.

bring donkey kong seriously why did they cut him
Both Kid Icarus and Luigi's Mansion were outsourced to Project Sora and Next Level Games respectively. It's just Nintendo's internal teams that don't seem to be putting in online modes all that much.

m0t0k1

Roselina? I may have to buy this game. too bad i have nobody to play it with because i dont know anyone who is going to buy this game.

Rizsparky

Roselina? I may have to buy this game. too bad i have nobody to play it with because i dont know anyone who is going to buy this game.

Is there any news on download play? If so you may only need one copy of the game between 3DS's.

Top Bottom