• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Satou-kun no Juunan Seikatsu 01-04

NGTdukp.jpg

A half demon who has been living in the human world starts going to high school in the demon world.

It's amusing, mostly due to the main character's lack of reaction to what everyone would expect to be weird. That plus his over the top lessons that his mother imparted with him. It has potential to be a weird comedy series as long as they don't run themselves thin with the jokes

Lain

I just noticed that Is it No Good if They're Not Human? has been completely translated. Did you guys read it? is it good?

Walkure Romanze - Shoujo Kishi Monogatari 1-5

Inferior version focusing on the pink haired, childhood friend.

Will most likely be the route which the anime will end up following as well, sadly.

Walkure Romanze - Shoujo Kishi Monogatari (No. Gomesu) 1-3

Superior version focusing on the blond haired, ojousama.

Will most likely not be the route which the anime will follow, which is a shame because after the reveal of the MC's backstory and the connection between the two, it would actually be interesting.

No, no it isn't fine. He's misusing the term. You only get to say a story is character driven if changing a character would alter the story is large ways. Replace Ichigo's personality with Luffy's and the big plot points still happen. All the different arcs still happen. Sure little stuff changes, but the calls to action are still there. Aizen still wants his macguffin, fullbringers still want their stuff, the Quincies still resurface. It's plot driven. Shoujo manga are generally character driven, along with harem ones, Naruto Part 1, stuff like that is character driven. If you can change a character, especially the MC, and the major story points change then it's character driven.

Doesn't change that it's plot driven. Maybe it puts more emphasis on the characters, but at the end of the day the plot still drives the story.

No it´s not a plot drive manga. It´s a character driven manga as in it´s the characters that drive the plot and not the other way around. Ichigo is the main driver of the plot, and everything revolve around him, his personality, his past, and his actions.

Claymore 142
RIP Clarice, you finally did something good. As for the twist on why Priscilla is so imba, I don't know what to think if eating yoma flesh is all to it, seems way too tacked on.

Bye Clarice. :(

Thinking about it...what if that's the reason Raki got dat power up? Isley very easily could have been feeding him Yoma the whole time he was training him (whether he knew about it or not).

Akito

Bye Clarice. :(

Thinking about it...what if that's the reason Raki got dat power up? Isley very easily could have been feeding him Yoma the whole time he was training him (whether he knew about it or not).
If eating yoma flesh is all it takes, why did the organization even bother with the "infusing the flesh" method. It just seems like a too way easy to abuse way to power up.

Theonik

hey guys, I bought a new jraphics card yesterday

do you even realize how silly you sound theonik
Reading of acronyms is not tied to the expansion of said acronyms in English or in any language I can think of.
Also there is no reason in the English language that GIF should not be read with a soft G.
I bet you read giraffe with a hard G too!

Reading of acronyms is not tied to the expansion of said acronyms in English or in any language I can think of.
Also there is no reason in the English language that GIF should not be read with a soft G.
I bet you read giraffe with a hard G too!

can you find me an acronym where the first letter isn't pronounced the same way as the first letter in the first word of its expansion?

and even if you can, jif still sounds dumb as shit

LeleSocho

Banned
can you find me an initalism where the first letter isn't pronounced the same way as the first letter in the first word of its expansion?

How do you pronounce HTC? H-Tee-Cee i suppose, well it means High Tech Computing

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No it´s not a plot drive manga. It´s a character driven manga as in it´s the characters that drive the plot and not the other way around. Ichigo is the main driver of the plot, and everything revolve around him, his personality, his past, and his actions.

Does Aizen still try to get his macguffin without Ichigo? Yes. Would replacing Ichigo's personality with Luffy's (or really anyone's) change the fact that he'd go after Rukia or Orihime? No it wouldn't. All the motivations for every villain stay the same regardless of Ichigo. The calls to action remain intact regardless of who the main character is. If it were character driven this would not hold true. The calls to action are not based on Ichigo's actions but on external forces. Is it focused on Ichigo? Yes, but changing his character wouldn't change any major plot points. It doesn't pass the test, no matter what you say.

And with that I am done. You can't win this argument and I am through with it.

Theonik

can you find me an initalism where the first letter isn't pronounced the same way as the first letter in the first word of its expansion?

Besides LeleSocho's example, JPEG is another. It's read Jay-PEG but stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group. There is more of course.

Besides LeleSocho's example, JPEG is another. It's read Jay-PEG but stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group. There is more of course.

Yeah, I edited. I didn't mean initialisms (like HTC) but acronyms like NATO, AIDS or GIF.
JPEG is a combination, neither pure acronym nor pure initalism.

Does Aizen still try to get his macguffin without Ichigo? Yes. Would replacing Ichigo's personality with Luffy's (or really anyone's) change the fact that he'd go after Rukia or Orihime? No it wouldn't. All the motivations for every villain stay the same regardless of Ichigo. The calls to action remain intact regardless of who the main character is. If it were character driven this would not hold true. The calls to action are not based on Ichigo's actions but on external forces. Is it focused on Ichigo? Yes, but changing his character wouldn't change any major plot points. It doesn't pass the test, no matter what you say.

And with that I am done. You can't win this argument and I am through with it.

You posting this with a Batman avatar makes it so much sweeter.

I know that
Shiwasu no Okina
story but... I really can't make the connection between the linked picture with
the giant saying Mom
and that story. =(

The world is back to normal then lol

as for what you are asking its just that
its a very similar drawing for the most part and I don't think there is any other deeper connection than that (unless that drawing itself existed on it own before both of them like a meme for example).

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

The plot exists because of a conflict between the Shinigami and Quincy a thousand+ years ago, and because of a conflict between Aizen and Soul Society that was set up a hundred years before Ichigo was even born. He just happens to be around when both of those conflicts come to a head. They are shaped a bit by his presence, sure, but he absolutely doesn't drive either of them. They move largely under their own volition, and he shows up to cut people with a sword.

Honestly, Naruto and Luffy probably drive more of the plot in their respective stories than Ichigo ever does.

T'Zariah

Banned
Wait wait wait WAIT. Phoenician Viking is actually serious with his defense of bleach? o_O I....don't even....the fuck?

A character driven manga? Takes intellect to understand its themes?

Tacitus_

I would give up Naruto, Bleach, OPM, Beelzebub and Magi for HxH.

I don't think I could give up One Piece though. Also I haven't read Berserk yet, only watched the newest trilogy of movies.. waiting for it to be adapted so I don't have to suffer the pain of another favorite manga hiatus.

Berserk doesn't go on hiatus. There's simply "See you next time!" at the end of the chapter and then you pray the "next time" is within a year.

;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom