• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwarrior

Because Miura made a pact with the devil. In return for being able to do godly art and tell a great story, he has to play Idolm@ster games for the rest of his life.

Welcome, your top 5 manga now .[/upandaway]

I will never catch up with berserk am far to afraid of the next chapter ruining berserk for me forever, I stopped when the whitch loli showed up, for me berserk ended in the The Vatican arc.

Now time for me to finish JoJo part 3 Stardust Crusaders.

Jintor

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days 004

Lighter and fuwa fuwa.

This group has an obsession with ending every single sentence with an exclamation mark! It's very annoying!

Nekoka Danshi no Shitsukekata 5
tumblr_msg9tmyXBf1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

Didnt know thats how people view western people.

Brother issues needs to be resolved, though I guess it was expected to not end in just one chapter. Was kind of hoping Shiou would show up to save Michiru from the lion but I guess thats not possible.

I've never read a shonen that was as weird and magical and otherworldly as the last 20% of Berserk. If you can name one I'll read it with pleasure.

Oh, art and concept wise yep, it is still one of the best. It's just that it misses the grittiness that was in the previous Berserk. It's been a long time since there was actual tension in the storyline.

Dynedom

7 Seeds - 124

Ah man, it's been far too long. I missed this series so much.

Really looking to see how this turns out. The big question is whether Kaname did something on purpose. I'm also wondering if the gas (I'm thinking it's some sort of natural hallucinogen) that is affecting the members also affected Kaname.

I smell a great arc incoming.

bigkrev

Tonari no Seki-Kun 33

Another home-run chapter. We need more deep, incredibly inaccurate psychoanalisis of Seki-kun's activity.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Of course i win the argument because Bleach is a character driven manga. Almost everything that has happened is driven by characters especially Ichigo.

If all it takes to be a "character-driven" manga is that "characters drive the plot," EVERY fuckin manga is character driven. The only non-character-driven event you could even have is a natural disaster. The reason the Straw Hats end up on specific islands is always because of Luffy or Nami. The reason the conflicts exist on any island is because the bad guys make it happen. The reason the Straw Hats get involved is typically because of decisions made by Luffy. The war was driven by Sengoku, Ace, Blackbearad, and Whitebeard. The flash back to Luffy's past was because of Garp, and then driven by the children. Luffy's heritage is tied into a ton of things, the opposition to the war by the Impel Down forces was because Luffy was Dragon's son, which involved Ivankov. Every arc where we get a new Straw Hat is largely driven by the past and actions of that crewmember. Every crewmember has a personal goal, and the actions they take are driven by those goals. Shit, the Amazon Lilly and Impel Down arcs were driven exclusively by Luffy and the decisions he made.

In Bleach, the thousand year war arc has NOTHING to do with Ichigo. Fake Karakura Town arc, nothing. He just shows up near the end of it with a magical powerup and wins, none of the events involve him in any meaningful capacity whatsoever. Those arcs "involve characters" though, so they must be character-driven huh.

7 Seeds - 124

Ah man, it's been far too long. I missed this series so much.

Really looking to see how this turns out. The big question is whether Kaname did something on purpose. I'm also wondering if the gas (I'm thinking it's some sort of natural hallucinogen) that is affecting the members also affected Kaname.

I smell a great arc incoming.

Finally.

upandaway

I'm a filthy sinner since I only read manga when there's no chance of the anime series being finished or I become incredibly frustrated. I would be ashamed of the things I'm about to list but its a small price to pay for the enjoyment I get out of them:

- Berserk (of course)
- Shingeki no Kyojin (because I got sick of waiting)
- Kimi No Iru Machi (I'm sor... NO! I'M NOT SORRY! I LOVE IT!)

Those are the three that I like and continue to read. I read only about a dozen other manga over the last two years and have either dropped them or finished but they're not particularly note-worthy.

Knowing that this post is going to get me on a lot of ignore list, I'd like to thank you for at least responding :3
The only thing I'll ignore here is your inferiority complex!

Recommendations:
Vinland Saga
Ubel Blatt
Hunter x Hunter
Whatever catches your eye in the OP (or else you'll have to skip 70% of the thread)

Hoshin Engi Vol.02

v8npmWq.jpg

More of Taikobo adventures as he tries to find allies after losing terribly against Dakki.

I do enjoy Taikobo's use of trickery and setting himself as the bad guy that you don't see anymore in shounen protagonists.

This reread is pretty enjoyable now too since I have more of a background knowledge of the original story this series is based off of.

El Sloth

Banned
Iinazuke Kyoutei

Wataru has a hard time remembering his childhood. His parents divorced and since then he has done his utmost to relieve his mother of her burdens. On the first day of school his past catches up to him in the form of three childhood, female, friends whom each want to marry him... Oh, and the neighbor girl has the hots for him too.

This comic is trashy as hell and yet tons of fun. Recommended to smut gaf.

If you need some encouragement:
At some point one of the girls gets her hands on the MC's underwear and, like any good pervert with yandere-like tendencies, begins to sniff it hardcore until she eventually causes herself to orgasm while in full view of the other girls.
It was the most absurd and funny thing I've read all month.

It's so terrible and entertaining.

Cwarrior

magi 195

12767843927876a8.gif

I was not sucked, there spaming power level already went above 9,000 x 9 trillion I hope this means it's over....or does the author have more metal vessel users to join the spamming fray.

This is what I imagine reading fairy tail is like. Hueco Mundo war was so much better then this war arc.

Kyuur

Magi 195

This arc has got to be the most absurd power-level jumping I've seen in any manga. Just feels completely unnatural and rushed... pretty disappointing, everything prior was wonderful: the world building, the combat concepts, etc. The culmination is just disappointing. It's just because of all the suddenly introduced characters I think. A few isn't bad, but there are just too many.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan 2

Thought events would play out different, though at least it shows what may happen with those that possess bad personalities and attitudes.

Hoping
daryoon is actually a live and not dead!

Akito

Dat battle, things are falling into place. Did the old man know of the trap and what would happen?

76JtFg9.jpg

Gintama 451

lol Gintoki and Hijikata helping out the bank robbers.

They actually could be a rather successful criminal duo, so long as Sougo isn't after them.

dramatis

Well, that battle went quite badly. Arslan's developing along nicely, and the thing with the queen, man did she cuckold the king?

Tanaka Yoshiki's strategy/tactics stuff is more believable on land than in space lol.

R.I.P

Magi

EXTREME MAGIC!!!
Thankfully this battle should finally be over, it dragged on for way too long. At least we got Mor back.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 204-206

Man, I couldn't help but laugh when the horses in the first wave collided even if it was gory as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom