• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
oIGZqen.jpg

Gintama 452-454

That was both amusing and a amazing display of Sorachi's skill of making a successful parody, while at the same time involving a mini flashback about Gintoki's days during the Joui War.

Samurai Drive 01-22

cG41qTdl.jpg

It's hard to believe this is a shoujo series.

So basically, the ban on swords never got resolved and now all the drama and such gets placed in the modern times with pretty boys to act all the roles.

It's pretty entertaining to read. The drama is pretty gripping and it really does feel like a samurai series just set in the modern eras. There's great development for the two main leads, lots of bromance between them and a good amount of action in-between. It does feel like it's reaching the endgame which has me pretty hyped in seeing where this will go.

Lain

Punpun vol 11

I'd post a cover, but I'm too depressed. This spiral keeps going down, and I can't see an end to it.

Salaryman Exorcist - Okumura Yukio no Aishuu 01-02

pSRGHyK.png

The many problems caused to Yukio by his brother and the headmaster. Short and amusing.

Sakuran (tentative)

Glv51AF.png

An one-shot from the author of Psyren, about a boy who hates spring cause every year he'll get a visit from an alien who challenges him to guess its name or get taken back to its home planet.

Nice setting and I actually really liked it after that twist in the end. It was short for an one-shot but it did give a nice build up with that backstory and character development of the lead but man, I really really liked that twist in the end.

I wouldn't mind seeing this get turned into a full series since it has decent potential.

Soma

I Am a Hero Vol. 12

Well this is getting weird.

At least it seems like the POV will (finally) return back to Hideo's group next volume.

wonzo

Banned
Prison School 49-68
Okay, I've been kinda lukewarm on this but this ass-man arc… it's speaks to me in ways few things ever have before. So this is what it means to truly be an ass-…

MAN!

;______________________________;

Prison School 49-68

Okay, I've been kinda lukewarm on this but this ass-man arc… it's speaks to me in ways few things ever have before. So this is what it means to truly be an ass-…

MAN!

;______________________________;

Man, you don't even know! These last few chapters are beyond incredible.

Card Boy

Banned
Read the first Volume and Pilot for Fist of the North Star last night. I can already tell this is going to be awesome.

King is giving me Dio (Jojos) vibes.

Quixzlizx

Kimi no Iru Machi 242

Every anime/manga character in a romance series is at least partially deaf. There should be some sort of study done in Japan about this hearing loss epidemic.

Saito-kun wa Esper Rashii 01-10

An ordinary esper joins the esper club and meets other espers who are all girls apparently. And get into interesting situations.

Well the interesting situations only started recently happen so I guess the manga is trying to gain hits and not cancelled. It's funny, generic but not terrible at least.

The covers are very bouncy. Look them up.

IHaveIce

Banned
I'm uptodate with the RAWs of Prison School and I can say you are in for a treat.

Though I can't decide if I like this manga really..some people say it is over the top smutty, but I think the teasing is just over the top I would just wish they finally would go full smut.

I mean the viceprez just wearing a jumpsuit pushed her vagina in a girls mouth to suffocate her

Hoshin Engi Vol.02

v8npmWq.jpg

More of Taikobo adventures as he tries to find allies after losing terribly against Dakki.

I do enjoy Taikobo's use of trickery and setting himself as the bad guy that you don't see anymore in shounen protagonists.

This reread is pretty enjoyable now too since I have more of a background knowledge of the original story this series is based off of.

I really enjoyed this series...Bunchuu is one of the most badass characters in mangaa I think.

Akito

Makai no Ossan 240-260
That's some nightmarish stuff, reminds me of Gluttony's stomach but in a way more fucked up way.

And I decided to check out the newest KNIM chapter because if the reactions: i don't know this gal but I bet she wants to hump him really bad
way to go Haruto, you piece of shit of a MC. Back to being dropped again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom