• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NG:DEV.TEAM becomes licensed Nintendo dev. GunLord coming to 3DS/WiiU [Kickstarter]

Got this in my inbox this morning:

Dear customers,

we are glad to announce that we are now a licensed Nintendo developer.

Our first project is porting Gunlord to the 3DS and Wii U platforms.

We decided for an Indiegogo campaign to make sure we reach as much people as possible. We don't have a marketing agency so the help of community to spread the word will be vital.

So thanks in advance for any help :)

The campaign can be found here:

http://igg.me/at/gunlord

These new platforms will hopefully help us to gain higher budgets for our NEOGEO projects too, so we can reach SNK/Nazca quality :)

Best regards,
NG : DEV . TEAM

GunLord information for those who haven't heard of it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466376

TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b1h41hVg_8

Dascu

Wooow, this is pretty damn awesome news. Finally a chance to play this game without the hassle.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It's a little rough around the edges but I genuinely enjoyed the game on Dreamcast. Great soundtrack too.

kevm3

It's cool it's coming to the Wii U and 3ds, but I don't understand why they are not releasing this on PC as well.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome! How did the game do on Dreamcast anyway? That was a bit crazy in 2012 tbh

Yes Boss!

3DS, wow.

Incredible game. One of the best of the last couple of years. Gonna look insane on the 3D screen.

Also: more shmups to 3DS hopefully.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
3DS, wow.

Incredible game. One of the best of the last couple of years. Gonna look insane on the 3D screen.

Also: more shmups to 3DS hopefully.

Recently, Steel Empire got announced for eShop, and Kalos got reconfirmed for January 2014. Both announcements just for Japan, so far.

Yes Boss!

Oh man, this will look glorious with a 3D layering effect.

And they are opening the play-field for 16:9. That should be interesting enough. I'm thinking they might play with the continue rate and saving a bit for the Nintendo platforms. Also, I'm hoping since the music is not spooling that we won't get those breaks like in the DC port.

I'll fund it for 24 euro when I get paid on the 15th. Too bad they are not offering at least a physical copy.

meppi

Oh my! That's a surprise!

Been buying their game on the Dreamcast for years. Will certainly get them on Wii U as well as the 3DS. Great news.

edit. Ah Indygogo campaign?
Right now I'm at the limit of my Visa card as I bought a TON of games this past month, but I'll get the €24 one with a 3DS and Wii U version in a day or two. :)

magnetic

That gritty look on the art has a strong IREM/R-Type vibe to me. After so many half-baked ironic pixel retro games these past years, it's great to see someone really nailing this specific style.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Thread title is extremely misleading though. :/

They have announced an indiegogo (kickstarter) campaign to port it, which atm is funded €12/€50000

damn

apparantly this thing doesn't work like kickstarter so nevermind

Yes Boss!

Thread title is extremely misleading though. :/

They have announced an indiegogo (kickstarter) campaign to port it, which atm is funded €12/€50000

damn

Nah, they are developing and making the games for one or both systems. They are coming in 2014. The indiegogo campaign is just to help defray the cost of the dev kits and additional art (and work as a presell). It does not matter if they reach their goal of 50K as they will take any money up to that point...and should deliver the product.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, they are developing and making the games for one or both systems. They are coming in 2014. The indiegogo campaign is just to help defray the cost of the dev kits and additional art (and work as a presell). It does not matter if they reach their goal of 50K as they will take any money up to that point...and deliver the product.

ok, so it's not like a kickstarter campaign? nevermind then, party on! :)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
"Flexible Funding"—yeah, not surprised. I don't think NG:DEV's fanbase cares enough about those two platforms for the full goal to be met.

IGG still takes your money up front, right? Will probably chip in 5€ to support since I'm pretty sure that's about 200 USD.

...actually, I'm kinda wondering about whether they'll be able to easily provide eShop codes for the US. Somebody who's backing them at that level should probably ask about that.

@MUWANdo

Banned
...actually, I'm kinda wondering about whether they'll be able to easily provide eShop codes for the US. Somebody who's backing them at that level should probably ask about that.

That'll depend on how much they plan to charge for the game, I suppose.

"Flexible Funding"—yeah, not surprised. I don't think NG:DEV's fanbase cares enough about those two platforms for the full goal to be met.

IGG still takes your money up front, right? Will probably chip in 5€ to support since I'm pretty sure that's about 200 USD.

I've backed for 12 euro. If it wasn't for the exchange rate from USD, I would have done 24 euro. Not worried at all, and I rarely do these "backing" things.

Darryl

Banned
This looks great. I wouldn't crowdfund anything console related, though. I hope it makes it anyways because it's an obvious day #1 for me. This is exactly the kind of stuff I want to play on the 3DS/U.

Top Bottom