• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Because little to no progress occurred in those chapters, just a string of failed schemes.

Even assuming this was true (which it isn't), its a pretty unreasonable standard to demand the plot constantly move forward signfiicantly in every chapter.

I think you can pretty much break down every MangaGAF conversation to a short sentence by now.

One Piece: "Skypeia sucks/Skypeia rules"
Naruto: "This chapter sucks; Part One was better."
Bleach: "Where are the backgrounds"
Nisekoi: Complaining about Onodera
Akame ga Kill: Death flags
Aunt Tits: [reaction gifs]
OPM (Murata Version): "Based Murata" particularly when Kurita is around
OPM (ONE version): [comparison to HxH scribble arc]
HxH: Discussion of Togashi being lazy
Silver Spoon: "Good chapter," but then no-one has any further discussion about it.
TWGOK: "Are they still on the Keima childhood arc?
Shokugeki no Soma: hailing the move away from smut/complaining about lack of smut
Toriko: Explaining how/why this will never be Big 3 material
Magi: Duckroll appears to tell us the manga is ending

hmmmmm

No way, Skypeia is good stuff all things considered.

But I don't know if I'd go that far...

Pretty much this. I wasn't as invested in it as the Alabasta arc, but the art design was incredible and the Noland flashback was one of the best written parts of the entire series.

also both the wars from Bleach/Naruto are/were pretty terrible.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The DB Namek arc isn't even as long or dragging as people believe it is. Its that people are pretending to have read the manga when they actually watched the anime.

Angry Grimace

Naruto raw pic spoiler

Naruto apparently does not only remind people about his father, but his mother as well. Naruto in a (maybe new?) fox mode

I am shocked that Naruto, who is identical to his father, reminds people of his father.

I take it that means nothing happens.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The DB Namek arc isn't even as long or dragging as people believe it is. Its that people are pretending to have read the manga when they actually watched the anime.

Pretty much.

I can at least say the bloat for me was the fact they kept running out of dubbed episodes so the channels here would just replay from Raditz appearing or the end of the Vegeta/Goku fight.

Then add in Freeza's "5 minutes" that spanned what felt like 20 episodes and you have your problem right there.

I am shocked that Naruto, who is identical to his father, reminds people of his father.

I take it that means nothing happens.

There are only 2 raw pics so far. One of them Naruto and Kushina, like Naruto remind them of her like they see Minato in him.

The second raw pic is that Naruto getting in Fox chakra mode as in his Fox shape Chakra , and not his fire fox mode. It could be a new mode. If you remember when he started cooperating with Kurama and got that new mode, it´s similar to that form, or that form exactly.

Those are the descriptions of the 2 pics as far as i can see them.

Even assuming this was true (which it isn't), its a pretty unreasonable standard to demand the plot constantly move forward signfiicantly in every chapter.

Until this latest development, no progress was made in reversing the memory wipe. Other stuff happened, but on that particular point, all we got was Yamada trying a bunch of different things and all of them predictably failing. Compared to the normal pace of the manga, where problems are resolved quickly, this is atypical. Furthermore, the problem isn't that we went a certain number of chapters without progress occurring, but that the action we got was obviously pointless and doomed to failure. if the author had simply focused on comedy in these chapters I wouldn't have had any problem with it. I don't care for this flailing about.

Also, the Bleach and One Piece discussion summaries should be "CHARACTER DRIVEN."

Bleach spoilers

Shunsui gave Tatsuki three similar permits.

Orihime and Chad are still at that location.

Yhwach and Uryu make a re-appearance, &#38745;&#28789;&#24237; appears very abnormal.

Yhwach claims that in nine days he will seize the world.

Matsumoto looks bad ass.

Posting naruto spoilers before bleach spoilers?

Hehe, i was not sure i should post this spoiler or not.

Angry Grimace

Until this latest development, no progress was made in reversing the memory wipe. Other stuff happened, but on that particular point, all we got was Yamada trying a bunch of different things and all of them predictably failing. Compared to the normal pace of the manga, where problems are resolved quickly, this is atypical. Furthermore, the problem isn't that we went a certain number of chapters without progress occurring, but that the action we got was obviously pointless and doomed to failure. if the author had simply focused on comedy in these chapters I wouldn't have had any problem with it. I don't care for this flailing about.

It would have been non-sensical for Yamada to even KNOW how to reverse it. Of course he's going to "try a couple of things;" is he supposed to just be divinely inspired on how to fix it?

I legitimately don't understand the complaint you're trying to make here. It just seems like you don't like the memory wipe at all and think all of the time spent on it is bad.

Bleach spoilers

Shunsui gave Tatsuki three similar permits.

Orihime and Chad are still at that location.

Yhwach and Uryu make a re-appearance, &#38745;&#28789;&#24237; appears very abnormal.

Yhwach claims that in nine days he will seize the world.

Matsumoto looks bad ass.

Hehe, i was not sure i should post this spoiler or not.

I know it's been awhile but wasn't that the last chapter or am I going cray?

It would have been non-sensical for Yamada to even KNOW how to reverse it. Of course he's going to "try a couple of things;" is he supposed to just be divinely inspired on how to fix it?

I legitimately don't understand the complaint you're trying to make here. It just seems like you don't like the memory wipe at all and think all of the time spent on it is bad.
You should reread my post then. Hint: making plot sense has nothing to do with it.

Angry Grimace

You should reread my post then. Hint: making plot sense has nothing to do with it.

That isn't my point at all. Your complaint is strange because it involves an unrealistic expectation of how quickly a predicament like this should be resolved in. The current plot thread couldn't be resolved at the pace you're imagining without flowing unnaturally; your expectation of plot resolution speed is unrealistic with regards to this and every other non-one shot manga. Its even more weird to me because you're just vaguely referring to events that you don't like without even specifying them; there can't even be more than 3 or 4 chapters in which "nothing happened" because the memory wipe is only 8 chapters old, and two of them are ones in which he determines that everyone else lost their memories and the last two are ones in which the resolution of the memory wipe are being meaningfully pushed along. If those chapters weren't funny or interesting, okay, but I don't think the pacing is really an issue.

I just think its a premature complaint: for one, this is the seventh (and supposedly last) witch's arc, so its not surprising if the arc takes longer (to compare, look at how long Ayumi/Chihiro took in TWGOK's Goddess Arc vs. Yui/Shiori/Tsukiyo) and second, we haven't actually reached the point where he's methodically picking up each chick again. That's just speculative; if Yoshikawa goes there, maybe we can call it bloated.

(This is a pretty long diatribe on a harem manga)

Tsuki Tsuki! 26

l2X7gve.png

What the fructose? Goddamn, now I really want glorious meido to win, but I really want her to lose as well.

Somewhere along the line this became interesting. Possibly because the focus has moved away from Luna (who is almost without precedent in her awfulness) to her exorcist rival (who is marginally less awful) and, more importantly, Kaorun. Apparently she's the focus for the next few chapters as well, so that oughta maintain my interest for the time being.

That isn't my point at all. Your complaint is strange because it involves an unrealistic expectation of how quickly a predicament like this should be resolved in. The current plot thread couldn't be resolved at the pace you're imagining without flowing unnaturally; your expectation of plot resolution speed is unrealistic with regards to this and every other non-one shot manga. Its even more weird to me because you're just vaguely referring to events that you don't like without even specifying them; there can't even be more than 3 or 4 chapters in which "nothing happened" because the memory wipe is only 8 chapters old, and two of them are ones in which he determines that everyone else lost their memories and the last two are ones in which the resolution of the memory wipe are being meaningfully pushed along. If those chapters weren't funny or interesting, okay, but I don't think the pacing is really an issue.

I just think its a premature complaint: for one, this is the seventh (and supposedly last) witch's arc, so its not surprising if the arc takes longer (to compare, look at how long Ayumi/Chihiro took in TWGOK's Goddess Arc vs. Yui/Shiori/Tsukiyo) and second, we haven't actually reached the point where he's methodically picking up each chick again. That's just speculative; if Yoshikawa goes there, maybe we can call it bloated.

(This is a pretty long diatribe on a harem manga)
When were either if it's speaking in anything but generalities? Again: my point isn't that nothing happens, but the action is repetitive and keeps returning to ground zero. I might end up thinking this arc is good overall, but that won't change that the beginning was lacking in direction.

Angry Grimace

Naruto

The spoiler image seems to show Naruto clearly running Sage Mode and Full-Power Fox mode simultaneously. Dude's fucking overpowered as shit.

ib - Instant Bullet 1
MC McSuffering and his imaginary friends meet oddball grenade girl and chase the Shadow who Stole Christmas. The first page does a Brynhildr and suggests that the main duo are going to end up with a... severe conflict of interest, so it has my attention for that reason alone.

Angry Grimace

We all knew that shit was coming since forever. At least tell me it looks cool.

I suppose that depends whether you think Tailed Beast Mode looks cool in the first place.

(I'm not actually sure what to call the two modes. He has the one mode he's had for a hundred or so chapters and the second where he has a full Minato-like haori that he learned when he talk no jutsu'd Kurama)

Tokyo Ghoul 1

Please go on

That's codespeak for "MC has the organs of a human-eating monster transplanted into him and doesn't take it very well and meets a human-eating monster girl and omnomnomnom and the whole thing is incredibly relevant to my interests"

Korosenai

So I just saw the raw image spoiler for the next Attack on Titan.... Holy shit what the fuck. Is it legit? Has anyone else seen it?

mhs004

Been getting way to much homework I'm running behind in my manga reading and even anime and gaming. All my life consist of is history classes, homework, and sleep.

Erigu

It's an image from a two page spread. It's the only spoilers the site had up, and it was with that image of the new Levi manga ad so i guess they thought it was legit. It looks just like the authors drawing too.
Could you link/rehost?

So I finally marathoned the whole Deadman Wonderland series this weekend after being inspired to read it by the anime. I enjoyed this series and it was refreshing that it actually stayed consistent and ended strong after crap like Reborn. Most of the characters were likable and the series carried intrigue through out between wondering who the man in red was and then why this character made the choices it did. Mocking Bird certainly was shrouded in a cloak of mystery for much of the series as well. I enjoyed the brutality and loss which gave the series a little emotional depth and the over all premise from the setting to powers centered around blood. Was interesting and original compared to other series I have read. The story around Wretched Egg was harsh and really beckons the reader to feel sympathy and the way it ended was very fitting and pretty satisfying without overdoing it. The protagonist was a little wishy washy but he stood tall when it counted. Glad I read it.

Erigu

Wait...
It's an image from a two page spread. It's the only spoilers the site had up, and it was with that image of the new Levi manga ad so i guess they thought it was legit. It looks just like the authors drawing too.
Could you be talking about this?
If so, that (obviously?) is one of the joke previews from volume 11.

Is the eye of the moon plan even still a thing in the story? The purpose of all of this is...what?

Yeah that's still his goal but he obviously has to defeat Naruto and co first as they are trying to thwart him. The purpose of the plan is to control the world, to enforce peace as Obito sees it and create a world where everyone can be with those they love again, to erase all feelings of pain and suffering, even if it's not real.

Erigu

Yeah that's still his goal but he obviously has to defeat Naruto and co first as they are trying to thwart him.
Still saying he should have cast the thing days ago instead of stupidly joining the fight.
Yeah, I know you argued that he needed the remaining Tailed Beasts, Angry Grimace, but I'm afraid I still don't see it. The guy just tried to obliterate Naruto and Killer Bee.

wonzo

Banned
You can't just post this stuff and not link it.
refreshed nvm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom