• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER FILLED Thread for Grand Theft Auto V for IMPATIENT PEOPLE - Read Rules in OP

-Deimos

This guy is currently free-roaming, very nice quality stream, but he was doing Story related stuff earlier.

Quote to reveal.

edit: It's snowing!

Is the snow a random precipitation event like rain or is it part of a scripted event like
the prologue
?

Edit: Looks like the cheats have been discovered.

Gonna post Sethos(Magic Mike) impressions of the game after speaking with him:

Krappadizzle: So now that you've played it quite a bit, what are your overall impressions?
Sethos: I can't stress this enough; Best fucking game I have ever played in my entire life. No hyperbole, no weekend crush, it's batshit insane. It's like a 10/10 TPS in its own right, then you see it has vehicles, then the massive world, then you see it's one of the most beautiful games on consoles, then the distant light thingy / bokeh effect, the RDR weather and atmosphere
Sethos: It's like every single aspect and detail is the best of the best of the best, wrapped into one big ball.
Sethos: I even started to enjoy the driving, EXCEPT quads and bikes, they are WAAAAY to sensitive to enjoy.
Krappadizzle: Wow. That's big coming from you.
Sethos: I haven't really played games that much lately but ... Just the sheer number of hours I streamed should tell you have addictive it was.
Sethos: I didn't eat friday because I was so hooked.
Krappadizzle: Yeah, It really seemed like you were having a blast. Like a toddler on pixie sticks.
Sethos: My only 'problem' was, you need to spice up things to keep the streams interesting but at some point you've been through most of it. Then people want you to rob liquor stores and shit, despite them not being listed on the map and I haven't seen a single one.

woen

Trevor after a character switch

5QsqUQz.jpg

i hope there are a lot more cheats than there were in GTAIV. the only one i can remember of value in that one was the explosive punch/kick cheat.

i wanna see a lot more crazy ones in this besides the normal get a vehicle. so far slippery cars, snow and super speed that i've seen are on the right track.

a very important question, before i bail out from this thread:

is there a close up camera view when walking, and a hood view when driving? i've watched the streams quite a lot and i have never seen anyone use any other camera views other than i guess the default which is too far away for me (both driving and on foot). i played GTAIV exclusively like that, camera as close as possible, and hood view when driving. if it's not possible anymore i will be really pissed (like with RDR...)

Skunkers

Wow. The Hashd stream guy wandered into a movie theatre and is currently watching a British animated movie about robots loaded with cursing lol.

a very important question, before i bail out from this thread:

is there a close up camera view when walking, and a hood view when driving? i've watched the streams quite a lot and i have never seen anyone use any other camera views other than i guess the default which is too far away for me (both driving and on foot). i played GTAIV exclusively like that, camera as close as possible, and hood view when driving. if it's not possible anymore i will be really pissed (like with RDR...)

Yes there's a hood view, I don't know about walking but I'm guessing it's the same as IV. There's still the same button to change views on foot and in vehicle.

Skunkers

Just noticed the wrinkles on your clothes move during the running animation. How they got some of this stuff going in an open-world game on this hardware is dumbfounding. This is the GOTG.

Yes there's a hood view, I don't know about walking but I'm guessing it's the same as IV. There's still the same button to change views on foot and in vehicle.

thank you Graphics Horse.

PHEW thank the heavens for hood view, i absolutely loved it in GTAIV. enhanced immersion like tenfold. i really need to know about the on foot camera views too though.. anyone?

i cannot get over how amazing the water is. i could watch someone sail for hours.

it looks totally next-gen to me, at the start of this gen i would never have believed we could get an ocean this realistic in a hugely complex open-world game... seriously amazing. it's hypnotic to look at when a jetski is bouncing off the waves. AND the game is also rendering what's below the waves. WTF. all the seaweed and fish etc.

amazing.

what in the actual fuck at these wave/ocean graphics. I never expected this in an open-world game.

you too huh?

-Kees-

Anyone have a link to some good quality direct feed PS3 free roam footage on youtube or some other site? I'd search but I don't want to come across any mission or story spoilers.

Dresden

S¡mon;81979021 said:
I guarantuee you: it's not. I know NOTHING about the story of GTA 5. All I have seen are the official trailers, GIFs in this thread + the first mission in a stream.

Sorry for this really bad joke.

I'll choose to believe you for now, but if I beat the game and find out it's real, sorry. You're going to get an angry letter from me. It'll have angry words in it. And exclamation marks.

Ahasverus

GTA has never really been graphic, sadly.

I'd like to see decapitations and missing limbs, but I doubt we ever will.

SR is the same
Uhmm I think this is the most graphic of all gtas without doubt, I meant, this is not a gta iv case of every mission is driving and killing, missions are less relying on killind and more on enviromental hazards and other kind of stuff. The heists can be completes witjout killing a single person

Top Bottom