• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu No.984 scans

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I am really, really tempted to buy a Wii for No More Heroes. I love any form of entertainment that revels in over-the-top insanity, except for most stupid parody movies released in the past five years...

Dascu

Nice new No More Heroes scans.

The site's also updated with:
- Character info on Dr Peace (the assassin with the golden gun)
- 3 clips
- Gameplay info on Darkside Travis and Sylvia Disco?

Could anyone translate that info? There's a clip on it too, but I can't make out what the hell it's about.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
NMH must be the biggest game MMV/Spike have ever done.

This better sell.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME WORLD

John Harker said:
NMH must be the biggest game MMV/Spike have ever done.

This better sell.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME WORLD
If this sees a release in Europe (highly likely with Ubi picking it up in NA) this means at least +1 sales. If they make a marketing campaign in the veign of the RS one I can see that sell quite well.

kottila

Phife Dawg said:
If this sees a release in Europe (highly likely with Ubi picking it up in NA) this means at least +1 sales. If they make a marketing campaign in the veign of the RS one I can see that sell quite well.

I think they already have a PAL distributor.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Elminage looks pretty cool... looks like an Etrian-style dungeon crawl, complete with skill points upgrades. Doubtful we'll see that on these shores (it's too late in teh PS2's lifespan), but you never know.

wsippel

Banned
Phife Dawg said:
Rising Star will publish the game in Europe. Rising Star is a subsidary of Marvelous, so that's not really all that surprising.

Saitou

Banned
djtiesto said:
Elminage looks pretty cool... looks like an Etrian-style dungeon crawl, complete with skill points upgrades. Doubtful we'll see that on these shores (it's too late in teh PS2's lifespan), but you never know.
Wii port, berieve.

wtf at blonde Harvest Moon protagonist, though.

Cherubae

Saitou said:
Wii port, berieve.

wtf at blonde Harvest Moon protagonist, though.

That's Chelse (and Mark). They are the main characters from Harvest Moon: Island Grows With You (known as HM: Island of Happiness when it is released next Summer in English).

The new HM game seems to be HM:Island V2, much like how there were 2 versions of Magical Melody (GC) in Japan.

Curse the scans being in Chinese, although I guess it's better than nothing... :D

Marvelous has launched the official web site for the new HM game.

Saitou

Banned
Cherubae said:
That's Chelse (and Mark). They are the main characters from Harvest Moon: Island Grows With You (known as HM: Island of Happiness when it is released next Summer in English).

The new HM game seems to be HM:Island V2, much like how there were 2 versions of Magical Melody (GC) in Japan.

Curse the scans being in Chinese, although I guess it's better than nothing... :D

Marvelous has launched the official web site for the new HM game.
Two versions.... you mean the Girl version? Is that what this is? The girl version of HM:DS?

JDSN

Banned
:lol @ The lawnmowing, GAF is gonna love this game now.

Ill see if I can get an explanation of the new stuff shown.

Dascu

JDSN said:
:lol @ The lawnmowing, GAF is gonna love this game now.

Ill see if I can get an explanation of the new stuff shown.

These magazine screenshots are also up on the official NMH site in the screenshots section.

As for the info, the gamefaqs user Emptysmile translated most of it.
Emptysmile said:
Topics:

Syliva: Sylvia enjoys sunbathing on the beach, and even boldly asks Travis to put sunscreen on her! You don't know whether it means something or not. (and I can't make heads or tails of the rest)

Sylvia is in the disco part of a resort area. Travis is perplexed and in high tensions from the extent of this action. Once Sylvia has taken care of her phone work, she can take care of the rest of her business anytime, even during holiday! This is to be expected of the number one agent. (?)

Travis Darkside: When the enemy is pushed down, the slot returns! When all three line up, Travis enters Darkside, his speed increases greatly, and he is able to take down one enemy after another. Travis stays in darkside mode until the Tiger reaches the goal. There is probably some sort of effect from this mode...

Characters:

Destroyman: All-American hit-man association ranked number 7. Usually, he works a difficult job to get him where he is, but there is another side to him, and this is his face!(hooray for run-ons! The rest doesn't make sense, but I'll post it regardless) It exceeds the framework of mere コスプレ, the American becomes super hero and strives to the drill and the murder.

Dr.Peace: All-American hit-man association ranked number 9. He is a Vice Detective "where black rumour does not become extinct."(?) He runs illegal investigations, illicit sales, and illegal disposition. He is called "the department store of crime." There is divorce history, it seems, but...

Tenbatsu

th_83190_Scan0024_122_1098lo.jpg
th_83201_Scan0025_122_722lo.jpg

Kazuma Kaneko art had reach another level. Sigh I miss his art. Hope he will be designing for Shin Megami 4.

Cherubae

Saitou said:
Two versions.... you mean the Girl version? Is that what this is? The girl version of HM:DS?

No, you choose what gender (Mark or Chelse) you want to play in "Island of Happiness" and "Shining Sun and Friends". The girl version of HMDS is a different game and will be out in English in the beginning of 2008.

In the girl version of HMDS you choose what your girl looks like (either the blonde Claire or brunette Pony) but it has no impact in the game except for what color of outfits you can buy from May's telephone shop.

Shouta

Tenbatsu said:
th_83190_Scan0024_122_1098lo.jpg
th_83201_Scan0025_122_722lo.jpg

Kazuma Kaneko art had reach another level. Sigh I miss his art. Hope he will be designing for Shin Megami 4.

Uh, that's not Kaneko. I'm pretty sure that's Sohjima.

Saitou

Banned
Cherubae said:
No, you choose what gender (Mark or Chelse) you want to play in "Island of Happiness" and "Shining Sun and Friends". The girl version of HMDS is a different game and will be out in English in the beginning of 2008.

In the girl version of HMDS you choose what your girl looks like (either the blonde Claire or brunette Pony) but it has no impact in the game except for what color of outfits you can buy from May's telephone shop.
I'm slightly confused.

Also, wait, there was another Magical Melody in Japan? What was different?

Also also, and this is a very important question, are same sex relationships available?

Cherubae

Saitou said:
I'm slightly confused.

Probably due to the sheer number of HM games that Marvelous is squeezing out

You've got on the DS...

HM DS (boy main character)
HM DS Cute (the girl version of HMDS, girl main character)
HM: Island of Happiness (choose your starting gender, new location and characters)
HM: Sparkling Sun and Friends (the one in the Famitsu scan, which has the same characters from HM: Island of Happiness)

Then there's Rune Factory and Rune Factory 2 (unreleased), plus Puzzle De Harvest Moon (Oct 30th release)

Also, wait, there was another Magical Melody in Japan? What was different?

Yes, there was Shiawaze No Uta and Shiawaze No Uta FOR WORLD. The original version had a game-destroying bug (which I ended up catching, nice.) plus various glitches. The 2nd version had all of the game corrections plus the ability to marry Jamie. The FOR WORLD version is the one Natsume localized. For World was also more challenging money-wise, as all the gems you found in the mines generated half the profit of their 1st version counterparts.

Also also, and this is a very important question, are same sex relationships available?

It exists in the Japanese version of HMDS Cute (you can "best friend" Leia, Witch, Keria, or Goddess) but there is no information as to whether the Best Friend system will exist in the English version. The general idea is you can choose to have a female room mate instead of a husband, but Marvelous didn't make any changes to the Heart Events or the text conversations after "befriending", so it is pretty much same-sex marriage.

Hootie

Can't wait for Mario Party DS, looks to be pretty decent, and there's a lot of potential with the stylus, but I am really let down by the fact that there's no WiFi.

Zeed

Banned
New Blood looks great, but I'm starting to fear that Styles and co. will be forgotten completely. I do hope they bring him back at least for some dramatic cameo.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Tenbatsu said:
Colouring aside, those line work and those characer design sure its Kaneko style. Who's Sohjima? Please educate me.
Soejima is an Atlus artist that most recently worked on ACE3 character designs.

other work by him: Persona 3, Stella Deus, Trauma Center Second Opinion.

he also worked on Persona 2 and Soul Hackers (in-game art of those games).

Top Bottom