• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero III: the OXM 77 demo

EDIT: also playable at some GameCrazy stores.

Videos:

The Metal - Tenacious D
Rock You Like A Hurricane - as made famous by Scorpions
Even Flow - Pearl Jam
Lay Down - Priestess
Hit Me With Your Best Shot - as made famous by Pat Benatar
other stuff - whammy calibration, practice, etc.

Videos courtesy of hexiiic from ScoreHero...too bad he got banned for posting them (no idea why).

1zyx27r.jpg

issue picture courtesy of panteraddict, also from ScoreHero.

The charts look good, though The Metal looks like a bitch with those three-chord note changes there in the middle. The Priestess song sounds like a Wolfmother song.

and I hate to say it but the Bret Michaels code will be on at all times. I dunno what Neversoft was smoking when they designed the singer but damn.

The Metal is a surprisingly hard song but tons of fun. I wasn't sure how I felt about Neversoft taking over the franchise, but after the demo I would say this is the best GH yet.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I had never heard of Priestess' Lay Down before this game, but I love it. Perfect song that looks like a lot of fun to play.

Oh and I know there are some others that may have worried about the timing window being too large. Don't sweat it it feels just right and I wasn't hitting stuff I shouldn't have been hitting.

laserbeam said:
they censored Rock you like a hurricane and its so obvious too the sudden silence where the lyrics should be :(
Really? I didn't notice it...

Also, am I the only one who hates the new character designs?

After watching the video for "The Metal" I can totally see why the put it in there...

...but they still picked one of the worst possible Tenacious D songs. Seriously, what the fuck?

tiong_fi

Someone should just rip the demo from the disc and upload it somewhere so that people can download and burn it before it becomes available at live marketplace.

Burned demos seem to be working off normal CD-R's and DVD-R's.

GhaleonEB

bune duggy said:
Videos:

The Metal - Tenacious D
Rock You Like A Hurricane - as made famous by Scorpions
Even Flow - Pearl Jam
Lay Down - Priestess
Hit Me With Your Best Shot - as made famous by Pat Benatar
other stuff - whammy calibration, practice, etc.
I recieved a GHIII demo set yesterday; I got the guitar (wired) and those five songs on a disk. I've never played a rythem/guitar game before, but my wife and I had a hoot making terrible music last night. The way the two guides to the tutorial kept cutting in on each other was pretty funny. (We both got booed off stage, big time.)

MMaRsu

Banned
tiong_fi said:
Someone should just rip the demo from the disc and upload it somewhere so that people can download and burn it before it becomes available at live marketplace.

REALLY?

Never heard of such a thing..

tiong_fi said:

on 360's?

Bogus

I'm impressed that they used the studio recording of Even Flow from Ten instead of using a cover band. Or is Neversoft trying to stray away from covers in general for this iteration of Guitar Hero?

Everything looks smooth and polished. Well done to Neversoft, I hope this is a good indication of the final product's quality.

I especially like the new character designs. The singer is such a hilarious caricature, definitely gives off a Steven Tyler vibe considering how massive his mouth is.

M3wThr33

Banned
Bogus said:
I'm impressed that they used the studio recording of Even Flow from Ten instead of using a cover band. Or is Neversoft trying to stray away from covers in general for this iteration of Guitar Hero?

Everything looks smooth and polished. Well done to Neversoft, I hope this is a good indication of the final product's quality.

I especially like the new character designs. The singer is such a hilarious caricature, definitely gives off a Steven Tyler vibe considering how massive his mouth is.

Competition means they have to try harder to impress.

laserbeam

Banned
I AM JOHN! said:
Really? I didn't notice it...

Also, am I the only one who hates the new character designs?

"The bitch is hungry" is missing in the song it just leads to that line and silence

AMUSIX

laserbeam said:
"The bitch is hungry" is missing in the song it just leads to that line and silence
Hopefully this is just for the demo (to keep it 'family friendly' but if it isn't, I'd say it's a really abd choice. Either don't censor it so abruptly, or don't choose that song (The Zoo would have been a fine alternative).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
jett said:
Is it me or are the notes passying by way faster than in the previous games?

I was gonna ask...is there an option to change note speed this time? No cheat code?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
They all look pretty easy to five star, the metal looks kind of tough.

Wario64 said:
I was gonna ask...is there an option to change note speed this time? No cheat code?

Hyperspeed is in.

The notes/note chart do/does go faster, it's just that the actual notes are spread out when hyperspeed is on, so the notes are still hit at the same time. It just gives a better visual of the notes.

As a matter of fact, in GHIII there will be 5 hyperspeed levels. It was said that Hyperspeed 2 is about the same as GHII's hyperspeed and hyperspeed 5 is insane.

Xater

I would like to play the demo too but Id on't think it's really thaaat necessary. But this thread mad eme look up the songlist of GH and I saw that In flames are on it. Fuck yeah that will make me buy this game. :D

drizzle

Axel Hertz
about the Burned demos thing...

Last thing i knew is that the first OXM 360 disc (or was a kiosk demo disk? I really don't remember) contained like 3-4 demos, and had phisically no copy protection. You could just copy it anywhere and burn it and it would work

However, afaik, microsoft "fixed" that on the subsequent dashboard update.

Jirotrom

Stabby McSter said:
wait

is it already out on stands?

if so, i'm going to the grocery RIGHT NOW bk;ldfmbadf.,bm
yes... is it out on stands? I need to pick this up pronto if it is. Can someone verify?

I checked a couple of places last nite and didn't find it. I think that most people that are getting this are subscribers.

Someone please prove me wrong.

Jirotrom

Black_Ice said:
They all look pretty easy to five star, the metal looks kind of tough.

Hyperspeed is in.

The notes/note chart do/does go faster, it's just that the actual notes are spread out when hyperspeed is on, so the notes are still hit at the same time. It just gives a better visual of the notes.

As a matter of fact, in GHIII there will be 5 hyperspeed levels. It was said that Hyperspeed 2 is about the same as GHII's hyperspeed and hyperspeed 5 is insane.
what the hell is hyperspeed, i've been playing GH2 for months now and I havent seen this?

Top Bottom