• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero Live |OT| Not a Band Game

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Going to Hell by The Pretty Reckless has a fair bit of open strumming.

New music = meh.

That video made me laugh my goddamn ass off. Taking in a bigass vape rip after the video like it was some post-coital shit had me laughing so hard I dropped my guitar, it was so terrible.

Al of sudden I am having the worst issues of double strumming. I have re-booted my xbox, Synced the guitar again and again. Still having an issue. Any one else have a suggestion? Thanks I have had the guitar for about two months and never had a problem before

I'm glad they got FOB for a Premium segment, but it's a shame they went with the three AB/AP singles. They're just not fun guitar tracks. Though frankly, that's the curse with the sort of XMas concert event that they got the footage from. Short sets, so bands stick to the hits.

Still, I would've loved to play The Kids Aren't Alright, Favorite Record, and The Phoenix. The last one in particular is overdue for an appearance in this or Rock Band.

This week’s GHTV update features three songs by Def Leppard and a mixed bag of Indie Rock songs!

Def Leppard: On Through The Ages

Def Leppard – Dangerous
Def Leppard – Let’s Go
Def Leppard – Rock of Ages
Prize: “Union Jack Prize” (Highway)

Indie Rock Anthems

The Strokes – You Only Live Once
Miles Kane – Don’t Forget Who You Are
SKATERS – Miss Teen Massachusetts
Prize: Double Coins – 4 Songs

Now available On Demand:

Pierce The Veil – Bulls In The Bronx
Sheppard – Geronimo
5 Seconds of Summer – She Looks So Perfect
Sky Ferreira – You’re Not The One
Marilyn Manson – Deep Six
Bring Me The Horizon – Drown

can you just play the bass parts instead of electric guitar parts, on songs?

Nah, just electric guitar. To be honest, though, "electric guitar" is a bit narrow and FSG don't really give a shit and sometimes just chart whatever they want. Jerry the Race Car Driver randomly splices in the bass riff every so often.

GHTV via Jason_Paradise:

PlayStation Events has been updated. New songs this week are:

Seasick Steve - Summertime Boy
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Crossfire
Jack White - Freedom at 21

Only Real - Can't Get Happy
Rival State - Keepsake
Slaves - Cheer Up London

The big thing is there's also an event called "The fire is coming" that starts on February 3rd. Could this be TTFAF? Maybe an update to Rivals at the same time? Pros only? The plot thickens!

Rrucstopia

Neo Member
The GHTV Shred-a-thon is now live on Channel 3. Featuring a marathon of the toughest songs in GHTV including Dragonforce - Through the fire and flames!

:)

There's a channel 3? I haven't played this for a while!

Disappointing to learn there's just more metal shit on it though, I needed a way to encounter less of that crap.

None of it, preferably!

GHTV has a 3rd channel now that has Rivals Mode pretty much every single song

Cry of Achilles, Through The Fire and Flames, Hangar 18, Strife, Ghost Walking

just those songs on a loop

Yup, TTFAF looks intense. Gonna have to try this when I get home.

I'm hoping the 3rd channel would be permanent, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's only for special occasions.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

Premium Shows 2/9

Ballads of Love (2/9-2/16)
Arms Around Your Love - Chris Cornell
The Reason - Hoobastank
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
Reward: Roses player card

Love on the Rocks (2/9-2/23)
You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi
Heartbreaker - Motörhead
I Believe in a Thing Called Love - The Darkness
Reward: Roses highway

And the Nominees Are... (2/9-2/23)
Ex's & Oh's - Elle King
Lydia - Highly Suspect
Nobody Really Cares If You Don't Go to the Party - Courtney Barnett
Reward: Booster pack

Pretty sweet stuff this week. Ballads of Love especially

Premium Shows 2/9

Ballads of Love (2/9-2/16)
Arms Around Your Love - Chris Cornell
The Reason - Hoobastank
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
Reward: Roses player card

Love on the Rocks (2/9-2/23)
You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi
Heartbreaker - Motörhead
I Believe in a Thing Called Love - The Darkness
Reward: Roses highway

And the Nominees Are... (2/9-2/23)
Ex's & Oh's - Elle King
Lydia - Highly Suspect
Nobody Really Cares If You Don't Go to the Party - Courtney Barnett
Reward: Booster pack

Pretty sweet stuff this week. Ballads of Love especially

Oh wow. One of the best set of shows I've seen. Kinda funny how both Guitar Hero and Rock Band did the pro-love, anti-love theme.

Edit: Two of the shows are going on for two weeks. Expect only three new songs next week.

fernoca

Nice setlists.

Did we ever get an idea of sales for this game?
-October NPD was around 120k.
-Activision (at the beginning of November) said they were pleased with sales and saw an increase over GH5 and Warriors of Rock (worldwide) 5 debuted with over 500k WoR with over 200k....so the debut number worldwide was between that.
-November NPD saw an increase in sales over October.

Activision rarely gives specific numbers. But they seem happy and continue supporting and improving the game. Guess will know for sure by the end of this year.

6th on NPD behind Rock Band 4
???
Rock Band 4 was #10, Guitar Hero Live was #11 (with 2 weeks less) and missed the top 10 ...obviously. :p

ZeroX03

Banned
I really hope this game is successful enough to warrant future titles. The new button layout and GHTV are vastly superior to the old one and DLC for my liking. It matured into the game I always wanted GH to be.

I'm indifferent on the Live portion of the game, I'm actually fine with music videos. Also played two songs yesterday which had a proper 4:3 ratio with letter boxing, so maybe they're fixing it slowly? Other songs were still stretched. Also Ed Sheeran's Sing is the normal music video again.

I just finished Ballads of Love and really enjoyed it as a lovey-dovey nostalgia trip. I think Arms Around Your Love should've been replaced by Wherever You Will Go by The Calling though. Fits much better thematically and is pretty much a better song.

fernoca

Yep. Was just reading that. Seems that the debut was good but in the long run it didn't performed as well as expected. Though did performed better than Rock Band 4. So who knows how they'll react in general.

The same press release confirms a new Skylanders and TV show this year, but no mention of anything new Guitar Hero related. Who knows if by E3 they'll announce something.

Though as long as they keep adding new music and things it should be good.

Can't wait until someone makes a thread and twists it into "a win" for RB4. :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The problem is, if there's no one buying the game anymore (assuming bundles just die off) and no one is buying Guitar Hero cash, there's no reason to keep supporting the game.

pacman85

Yep. Was just reading that. Seems that the debut was good but in the long run it didn't performed as well as expected. Though did performed better than Rock Band 4. So who knows how they'll react in general.
Just out of curiosity, where did you see it sold better than Rock Band 4? I just hadn't heard that before and wanted to read about it.

fernoca

Just out of curiosity, where did you see it sold better than Rock Band 4? I just hadn't heard that before and wanted to read about it.
Yep. NPD numbers from October and November, teases at December numbers and Mad Cats basically saying that during their recent conference call. On which everything was because "of the competition".

RB4 not performing well in Europe because of the competition, the guitar bundle not doing well because of the competetion (and them planning on lowering the price to match...the competition) and the full band bundles doing better than expected but overall faced hard... competition. :p

CbHcQ48UEAAKNE2.png

2/23 Premium Shows

Trailerblazers: UK Rising (2/23-3/1)
Cut Me and I'll Bleed - Blossoms
Glass Built Castles - Black Peaks
Future Pleasures - WHITE
Reward: UK Rising player card

Rock the Ages: 1994 (2/23-3/1)
The Day I Tried to Live - Soundgarden
Albatross - Corrosion of Conformity
Say It Ain't So - Weezer
Reward: Persian Rug highway

I'll welcome any more Weezer.

Hair Metal Mayhem

Poison – Nothin’ but a Good Time
Mötley Crüe – Girls, Girls, Girls
L.A. Guns – Rip and Tear

Back to the Eighties

Quiet Riot – Bang Your Head (Metal Health)
Europe – Rock the Night
Lita Ford – Kiss Me Deadly

Stadium Rock Anthems

Bon Jovi – Livin’ on a Prayer
Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar on Me
KISS – Crazy Crazy Nights

Really good stuff. Kiss Me Deadly is LONG overdue for a music game appearance. Can't help but feel a little miffed that Rock the Night got in before The Final Countdown, though.

Top Bottom