• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation heart Taco Bell?

2wrEIJd.jpg

https://twitter.com/KillerGunnplay/status/381819464682971136

Cover in red hot sauce if old.

LQX

Is this real? I doubt Sony would stoop to this level. This is shit other gaming companies do....not Sony.

Kurod

Banned
Will they fix the way the game is run this time? Otherwise, I can imagine a ton of PS4 being given away again.

Not surprised. They did a similar Vita promotion. And that looks like one big fuckin' box. Wonder what grease-laden treasures are inside.

DrZeus

Man, I remember buying Toxic Hell trying to win a Vita and got nothing. Don't tempt me again Sony. :(

Gonna do it :/

Between Doritos, Dew, and Taco Bell we're gonna see a lot of diabetic comas among gamers.

But it's nice to see Sony is matching promotions with Xbox.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Taco Bell has an exclusive Mountain Dew flavor called Baja Blast. Close enough, I suppose.

They're all under the PepsiCo.

I remember some other company doing this when the 360 came out (Might've been Lays?) and I won one after spending days on it. Though it wasn't a 360 every 15 minutes... it was like once an hour, but they did other random stuff the other 15 minutes like accessories and games. (This was in Canada... hopefully this PS4 thing happens up here)

Frolow

Banned
Is this real? I doubt Sony would stoop to this level. This is shit other gaming companies do....not Sony.

Sony isn't perfect, contrary to what a lot of people on GAF say. And there's nothing wrong with advertisement such as this...

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Man, a large advertising campaign at a fast food restaurant sure going to tarnish their reputation. Every other company who pulled this off didn't make it out alive if I remember correctly.

ascii42

IIRC, Taco Bell is owned by Yum Foods, who is owned by PepsiCo. Pepsi owns Mountain Dew/Doritos (Thus the exclusive MD flavors & Doritos tacos in Taco Bell).

Funny how different sides of the same company can be used to promote competing products.

Yum Foods was actually created as a publicly traded spinoff of PepsiCo in the 90s. They aren't owned by PepsiCo. They do however have a permanent contract with PepsiCo, which is why Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut serve Pepsi products.

def sim

IIRC, Taco Bell is owned by Yum Foods, who is owned by PepsiCo. Pepsi owns Mountain Dew/Doritos (Thus the exclusive MD flavors & Doritos tacos in Taco Bell).

They're all under the PepsiCo.

Interesting stuff. This is incredibly obvious in hindsight.

Yum Foods was actually created as a publicly traded spinoff of PepsiCo in the 90s. They aren't owned by PepsiCo. They do however have a permanent contract with PepsiCo, which is why Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut serve Pepsi products.

:O

Top Bottom