• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

God Damnit, I'm holding off playing the game because I don't want it to end.
I'm 50 missions done & 18 left, I think.
I keep telling myself that online will unlock in a few days, but that's a poor consolation.

Do the last 20-ish mission take much longer than the earlier, mid mission take?

God Damnit, I'm holding off playing the game because I don't want it to end.
I'm 50 missions done & 18 left, I think.
I keep telling myself that online will unlock in a few days, but that's a poor consolation.

Do the last 20-ish mission take much longer than the earlier, mid mission take?

Not really. Go ahead and finish it so you can finally see what lies beyond the black bars.

Are you sure it was Chop because a lot of dogs in the world use that same model. I made the same mistake in a small town. Saw what I thought was Chop, went over to it, and it started going at me and I ended up with another 5k hospital bill.

Could have been another dog. At first I thought he was guarding the area, but he was friendly and just walked off the premises into the horizon.

And the exploration bug has finally set in. I spent a couple hours today just checking out random areas. Found a boat that gives me scuba gear and drove it up the creek to Trevor's area. Went and searched for that plane under the water and found a bunch of awesome weapons/body armor that respawn pretty damn fast.

If you need an RPG, grenade launcher, or a high powered sniper rifle, you should search that place out. Still haven't even touched north of Blane county yet (past the missions).

Question about the therapist:

after the last session with him he escaped and I didn't get to kill him. Can I track him down again or was he supposed to get away? I've wanted to murder him since the beginning. :(

Fucking autosave saved just before I could quit and re-start that too.

Kicking myself for not discovering the complex reticle sooner. I can actually go free aim now that I can see where I'm aiming. So much more fun an rewarding.

Wait, what's this about a new reticule?
How do I get it? I don't like the tiny red dot. I have to use the lock on option to be able to shoot anyone, since I can't tell if I'm aiming at someone or not.

Dead

well not really...yet
Just did a hooker and when she got out she got a call regarding her std check

It was
negative

GQman2121

Banned
Been having shootouts with police regularly as of late, but tonight was the first time I noticed the AI say officer down and then drag the body away as if he was trying to save him. So many things to see and hear. Just incredible.

Been 48 hours in-game time and the Kliflom mission hasn't come back :/ And I checked every car and they didn't pop up with a mission. Think it might be bust, bust. Fuck.

Fjordson

Been having shootouts with police regularly as of late, but tonight was the first time I noticed the AI say officer down and then drag the body away as if he was trying to save him. So many things to see and hear. Just incredible.
Yeah, the cops have some neat AI reactions.

I saw a shootout last night between two cops and some random dude. They chased him until he crashed, and that's when they started shooting. One the cops died and the other yelled "officer down!" and then the guy started to run down an alley and the officer said (I guess to his radio) "pursuing on foot!" and went chasing after him.

So the other day I had the most epic showdown with the cops. Started with a random event where some gangbangers were firing on cops. I was role playing Trevor so I cut down the police. This started a chase that turned into a five star rampage that lasted thirty minutes and traversed land, sea and air. Something that would have been an amazing ending to a movie, but only happened because of a random event.

I was a little disappointed to find out my game glitched and my Trevor was invincible though. Not sure how I did it, but I did learn it's probably impossible to avoid the cops with a five star wanted level. I had to turn the game off eventually because I couldn't die and the cops wouldn't give me an inch.

But still. One of my favorite gaming moments of the year.

Eusis

You get enough money later that $500 is pittance. If you return money, one of the guys is a millionaire and rewards you with $100k in shares lol.
I think I had that happen with a bike return. Not that I needed a damn bike that badly, if I did I'd just steal one from the beach place or something.

Actually I might've gotten 1 million out of that if I didn't miscount my digits. Funny how this game has possibly the biggest rewards for the "good option" of any game with morality choices, despite being one of the most amoral games around otherwise.

XAL

I stock market'd my way up to 1.8 Billion on each character

Now to work towards hitting the 2.1 Billion ceiling...

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Made a compact for myself:

0_0.jpg

george_us

Reuniting the Family
was an oddly touching mission.

The story in GTAV overall feels like it has a lot more heart than the other games.

Dahaka

Hey guys, sorry for being offtopic but I need a new harddrive for my ps3 k-model slim and prefer to have the fastest with the biggest possible size.

Are 1TB HDDs fully working? What models do you recommend?

XAL

No, now you need to write a guide on how to do it.
Pronto with the details. That's a lot of dough.

otays

STOCK MARKET STRATEGURY

The only way you can get vast amounts of money quickly is by maximizing your investments before and after Lester's assassination missions, so some spoilers regarding those missions in the following link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VLK0HCFWmfb7uG4_tzurGGBVY1WZBxF-2iKRwNojZRs/viewform

I'm on the 7th investment opp atm, the only thing this guide doesn't take into account is:

1. When the stock hits bottom (and what is the lowest value)
2. When the stock hits its peak (what is the highest value)
3. How long it takes to reach 1 or 2
4. How long the stock stays at its bottom or peak

Basically you will be utilizing the bed save with Franklin a lot to pass the time so the market moves faster (some stocks will take 1 or 2 saves to bottom out/max out - others will take 12+ to hit peak as an FYI) Also you can invest will all of your characters, not just Franklin:

I wrote down a few of the expected highs/lows/returns just so you can better maximize your earnings (all of the other guides I've seen don't have any of these written in, some have maybe one or two expected results tops):

I think Debonair tops out at ~51% return at ~$1066 a share (or maybe I mixed it up with Redwood)
Redwood tops out at around 300% return (after it rebounds save one or two more times and it will explode to around 300%)
Facade maxes out at 33% return at $570 per share ($202 low point)
Vapid tops out at ~147% return at ~$500 per share.
Gold Coast tops out at ~82% return at ~$250 per share.

The thing to mention here is to have a save prior to accepting his mission WITH YOUR MONEY CASHED OUT!!!!!! and keep that save in case you mess up or sell too early/too late.

Because BAWSAQ, though affected by your offline decisions is still an online-tied/dependent market -- so if you miss the boat on a stock peak it will drop and keep dropping despite reloading a previous save post-mission, in this case you have to make a note of the peak price and reload the save before the mission and do it over and then sell at the peak you jotted down.

Also, if you played these missions already and didn't max out your investments with all characters you CANNOT replay them and play the stock market game, you would have to start a new game to take advantage of this banking strategy.

For me, right before doing the
Vapid Bus
mission I was sitting on a little over 400 million (1 billion after post-mission trading) and by the end of the
construction
mission I had 1.8 billion.

So if you're at that or higher you're in good shape (I did not get to do the
Aug insurance
double dip thing after the first assassination so I missed out on that money).

Bishop89

this game, I swear is so amazing. When michael is calling trevor a hipster, my god that dialogue lol also the mission with the oneil bros
where ur in the chopper and using thermal scope to hunt them, I saw that "big foot" pic which has been circulating. I put my scope over the figure and then it just disappeared! Rockstar them trolls!!

dreamfall

Spent the last two hours base jumping.

This game is so glorious. I like base jumping through checkpoints! Made me appreciate pieces of Los Santos I hadn't seen!

malfcn

otays

STOCK MARKET STRATEGURY

The only way you can get vast amounts of money quickly is by maximizing your investments before and after Lester's assassination missions, so some spoilers regarding those missions in the following link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VLK0HCFWmfb7uG4_tzurGGBVY1WZBxF-2iKRwNojZRs/viewform

I'm on step 7 right now, the only thing this guide doesn't take into account is:

1. When the stock hits bottom (and what is the lowest value)
2. When the stock hits its peak (what is the highest value)
3. How long it takes to reach 1 or 2
4. How long the stock stays at its bottom or peak

Basically you will be utilizing the bed save with Franklin a lot to pass the time so the market moves faster (some stocks will take 1 or 2 saves to bottom out/max out - others will take 12+ to hit peak as an FYI):

I wrote down a few of them just so you can maximize your earnings (all of the other guides I've seen don't have these written in, some have maybe one or two expected results tops):

I think Debonair tops out at ~51% return at ~$1066 a share (or maybe I mixed it up with Redwood)
Redwood tops out at around 300% return (after it rebounds save one or two more times and it will explode to around 300%)
Facade maxes out at 33% return at $570 per share ($202 low point)
Vapid tops out at ~147% return at ~$500 per share.
Gold Coast tops out at ~82% return at ~$250 per share.

The thing to mention here is to have a save prior to accepting his mission WITH YOUR MONEY CASHED OUT!!!!!! and keep that save in case you mess up or sell too early/too late.

Because BAWSAQ, though affected by your offline decisions is still an online-tied/dependent market -- so if you miss the boat on a stock peak it will drop and keep dropping despite reloading a previous save post-mission, in this case you have to make a note of the peak price and reload the save before the mission and do it over and then sell at the peak you jotted down.

Also, if you played these missions already and didn't max out your investments with all characters you CANNOT replay them and play the stock market game, you would have to start a new game to take advantage of this banking strategy.

Thanks. I take it the LifeInvader mission just sets up these right?

Jamie OD

this game, I swear is so amazing. When michael is calling trevor a hipster, my god that dialogue lol also the mission with the oneil bros
where ur in the chopper and using thermal scope to hunt them, I saw that "big foot" pic which has been circulating. I put my scope over the figure and then it just disappeared! Rockstar them trolls!!

Regarding the spoiler
It didn't disappear for me until I tried to shoot it.

XAL

[/SPOILER]

Thanks. I take it the LifeInvader mission just sets up these right?

Correct, well, that's technically a story mission and not Lester's first contract - the first one has to do with a
big Pharma scheme
and I actually think that one is required for the story to progress so you can't save it for post-final heist, every contract after that you can do after the game.

(crap gotta go back and spoiler tag the mission names I guess)

If you miss the first double dip opportunity immediately after that don't worry, I did and I was still able to get near-max money.

Gorillaz

There is another mysterous easter egg too. Its under the sea tho ;)

SirNinja

do all golds in flight school do anything? i don't see it on the 100% checklist

For 100%, you only need to earn a bronze or better on each lesson.

Question about the therapist:

after the last session with him he escaped and I didn't get to kill him. Can I track him down again or was he supposed to get away? I've wanted to murder him since the beginning. :(

Fucking autosave saved just before I could quit and re-start that too.

He's a dead man either way. If you don't kill him before he drives off, he gets killed a few days later (keep checking the news on your phone)

malfcn

Kind of wish I knew what the challenges were before a mission. But I guess that is for re-playability and achievements.

As a bit of a gamble I put 150 million from each character on HAL today when it was already at $1.92. It's now at almost $2.50. So that paid off. Just gotta determine how long do I hold on for now!

Arcteryx

Spent the last two hours base jumping.

This game is so glorious. I like base jumping through checkpoints! Made me appreciate pieces of Los Santos I hadn't seen!

Yea I spent a couple hours today trying to find unique places to base jump from: found a sweet ass bridge and managed to land on top of a semi...badass.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Hitting the final heist now.

Questions:
1. Which one is considered "easier"?
2. Do either choices produce "more money"?
3. Which one is more fun?

XAL

As a bit of a gamble I put 150 million from each character on HAL today when it was already at $1.92. It's now at almost $2.50. So that paid off. Just gotta determine how long do I hold on for now!

I think you can save, cash out your gains and save, then reload the pre-cashout save and keep saving over that one to see if it peaks higher than your cashout save.

That is if HAL is on LC index and not the bawsaq

Just finished the game and now attempting to get Gold on all the missions.

My kingdom for a Restart Mission option.

Any tips for making this process less arduous?

I think you can save, cash out your gains and save, then reload the pre-cashout save and keep saving over that one to see if it peaks higher than your cashout save.

That is if HAL is on LC index and not the bawsaq

HAL is on the BAWSAQ. So it'll go up independently of my game.

XAL

The guy that plays Trevor had a small cameo in the first episode (of season 3) of Person of Interest the other night in the beginning just before the bar fight.

The guy that plays Michael had a small cameo as well in the first episode of SVU last night about 28 mins in.

TheDanger

Banned

Questions:

The obvious one is more fun IMO, maybe a little bit harder. Don't know the take difference.

Questions:

Subtle is easier. It has a smaller take per character as it requires a larger crew. You make about 26 million per character using the subtle approach and about 32 million using the obvious approach.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member

I took him down with a headshot, but yes, vanished.

anyone getting golds on any missions? I haven't replayed any as there is just too much game here, but I probably get silver in 90% of missions. once I'm done with the story and chop is exhausted from finding me all the hidden stuff, I'm going to replay through missions going for gold. headshot ones are going to be tough though.

Top Bottom