• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A mexican kid stole your DS and ran for the border. Let's learn Spanish!

Thread is a bit too long to read all of it... but is there a game which will help you learn the European variations of Spanish? (Sorry I don't know the exact words for the dialects)

satori

Haha that was awesome! Now we need an Chinese For Everyone.

The premise is crazy little Shawn, does not learn his lesson and let a Chinese boy play his DS. Whom then runs off to china, and Lo and Behold Auntie Gina was just heading there as well :p

BTW who here thinks Aunti Gina needs her own game!

From the Smash Bros. Brawl thread:

m00 said:
30izuj6.jpg

23rnxv4.jpg
:lol

Oh my God :lol

I've been dying to get home from work all day so I could watch Scene 2 & Scene 3

They delivered in a big way :lol Is there a scene 4?

Arthursw1

I don't care about the spanish/castellano issue, but one thing i really can't stand and that is the little ranch they are showing is not Tijuana how do i know? because i live in Tijuana for god sake o and this:

a quote from scene 3
it seems that you'll finally find your DS this time. Brush up on your Spanish and you'll reach Ensenada in no time

Why the f!@# does he wants to go to Ensenada so senseless and also that town La Zorra wtf with this name here we call zorras to prostitutes :lol this game so wrong in so many ways :lol

Baryn

Banned
It doesn't seem like he's needed much Spanish at all in Mexico! Why is he still learning? For love now?

so is this game for real? checked Activision's site and no mention of the game (might need to check again before the smiting hand of GAF hits me)

monchi-kun said:
so is this game for real? checked Activision's site and no mention of the game (might need to check again before the smiting hand of GAF hits me)
The game is real... the only thing I'm doubting is that this is actually FROM the game... has anybody picked it up and can verify it?

RagnarokX

Man we need cutscene 4 soon :(

The only way this game could be more offensive would be if the only words it taught you were like "taco" and "burrito"

anyone know who the developer is?

seriously, this is just too surreal to have passed both ESRB and Nintendo's product approval team. It would be clear that neither of these entities played the game, otherwise it would never have made it to retail.

to those who say they have the game can you verify?

Baryn

Banned
monchi-kun said:
It would be clear that neither of these entities played the game, otherwise it would never have made it to retail.
Are you kidding? :lol

It may be surreal, but all of the innuendo requires a perverted/adult brain, otherwise the game is appropriate for all ages.

RagnarokX

Baryn said:
Are you kidding? :lol

It may be surreal, but all of the innuendo requires a perverted/adult brain, otherwise the game is appropriate for all ages.
Yep, it only teaches kids to drive to TJ with flirtatious hispanic aunts, hop in the back of random trucks, talk with a bull that seems eerily calm knowingly going off to his death in a bull fight, and wander around offensively named ghost towns looking for their drug trafficking uncle :p

Jme

I want this game to teach my kids! They can learn valuable life lessons like:
1) Mexicans will steal your DS
2) Going to Mexico without consulting your parents is A-OKAY
3) Getting in the back of a pick-up truck in Mexico is OK as long as someone "thinks" it belongs to a relative.
4) When stranded in a poor Mexican village, it's safe to ride with a stranger as long as he has a cool Jeep!

Say, does anyone know how I could get this game imported into Australia? Is it carried by anyone who does international shipping?

This sounds WAAAAY too epic to miss out on.

RagnarokX

handofg0d said:
I want this game to teach my kids! They can learn valuable life lessons like:
1) Mexicans will steal your DS
2) Going to Mexico without consulting your parents is A-OKAY
3) Getting in the back of a pick-up truck in Mexico is OK as long as someone "thinks" it belongs to a relative.
4) When stranded in a poor Mexican village, it's safe to ride with a stranger as long as he has a cool Jeep!
He's not a stranger, he's his uncle. Tío = uncle... looks like you need this game :p

where's the media backlash? Activision PR? can anyone who owns the game tell us if this is legit?

one of the things that makes this fishy is the game's reference to the DS. I think in the nintendo guidelines/naming conventions the term "Nintendo DS" must be used or else Lot Check will reject the game automatically.

OMG @ scenes 2 and 3. I thought this thread would have died after last night.
I am seriously planning on getting this.
:lol :lol :lol

Jiggy

Skeyser said:
At 6:40 in the gameplay video the word is Islamic and the next word is burned :lol
And according to one of the commenters at k0taku who claims to have bought it, the game has the Spanish equivalent for "abortion" but not for "bathroom."

I just ordered this on Play-Asia, along with a copy of Phoenix Wright - Trials and Tribulations, but it only just now occurred to me to ask: is the actual Spanish-learning portion of the game any good?

Once the lulz die down, I actually would like a bit of decent Spanish vocabulary software. I should have checked earlier.

Damn you Internet, PayPal and Play-Asia and your impulse buying enabling ways!!! Why do you have to be so darn convenient?!

Top Bottom