• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gonna try my hand. I've played City but not Asylum.

EDIT: Nvm, forgot the five posts lol

Well, you still have ~2h40m, but I'm not sure what the go is if you enter under the threshold but then later meet/exceed it before the raffle is drawn.

Edit: Assuming you entered before realising your mistake, that is. If not, then you have nothing to worry about should you manage to hit five posts and throw your hat into the ring before a winner is selected -- you're already sitting at 4.

Well, you still have ~2h40m, but I'm not sure what the go is if you enter under the threshold but then later meet/exceed it before the raffle is drawn.

Edit: Assuming you entered before realising your mistake, that is. If not, then you have nothing to worry about should you manage to hit five posts and throw your hat into the ring before a winner is selected -- you're already sitting at 4.
Cool, and I thought I only had like two.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of The Ninja -- MB-5D7C66E2EC49C0CB - Taken by Clawww
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-2B1ED526471AE782 - Taken by iosefe
Red Faction Armageddon Path to War DLC -- MB-0AA479A2DBC6E2B0 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Nightsky -- MB-4B02B6E96FDA11F0 - Taken by gabrielt16

I cannot guarantee if these codes work or not since they came from the monthly giveaway and I almost won 2 of everything on accident

There you go guys.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-DBF21097F5CA65C7 - Taken by KenOD
Satazius -- MB-89DC2A7BFF79ED46 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-E16FCD742E557A88 - Taken by AsylumX

Knurek

I'm buying the shit out of Soundodger+ the minute it hits Steam.

Unless the weird trend of every newer Adult Swim game being few bucks more expensive than the previous one (as seen here) keeps up. Then it's a surefire sale buy

Loved the flash version, and given that you can "Auto-generate levels in a snap using your personal music collection", not buying the game would be criminal.

Is it strange that I didn't even know about Fairy Bloom Freesia until today? Gives me a Falcom PC game vibe, I don't know why though.

I think that is pretty common.

You get it in a bundle, you decide to try it and discover that it really is a fun little game. Then you get bored of it and never touch it again... but it does a lot better than most.

I think that is pretty common.

You get it in a bundle, you decide to try it and discover that it really is a fun little game. Then you get bored of it and never touch it again... but it does a lot better than most.
Unless that game is Atom Zombie Smasher... I think I got it in a bundle years ago. I tried playing it a few times and I just can't really get into it at all. :/ To top it off I've had a tough time even installing it on my new laptop because my antivirus thought it was a virus.

sheaaaa

I had a smile on my face almost all the way through The Stanley Parable demo. Great stuff. Not sure how well the idea works stretched out into a full game, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Clawww

I have SFIV:AE on GFWL; will the complete costume pack I buy on Steam work?

I'm going to buy it anyways cuz it's a sweet price for everything and I'll be glad I did when Ultra rolls around.

BTW, I've been playing SF4 for years, so anyone who just bought it and is getting into it, I can help get you started.

edit: nope, it's not letting me buy the costume pack cuz I don't own AE on Steam. dang!

mannerbot

I have SFIV:AE on GFWL; will the complete costume pack I buy on Steam work?

I'm going to buy it anyways cuz it's a sweet price for everything and I'll be glad I did when Ultra rolls around.

BTW, I've been playing SF4 for years, so anyone who just bought it and is getting into it, I can help get you started.

Wouldn't you have to rebuy AE on Steam? I don't think that you can redeem the DLC without the base game. Obviously if you rebought the game on Steam everything would be fine though.

Clawww

I wonder if it would work if I bought it for myself as a gift, and then redeemed it when Ultra drops? But it's DLC for AE, not Ultra, so probably not.

Fuck me, fuck Capcom, and fuck GFWL.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I wonder if it would work if I bought it for myself as a gift, and then redeemed it when Ultra drops? But it's DLC for AE, not Ultra, so probably not.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy SSF4AE on sale price now with all the DLC and upgrade to Ultimate for 15 bucks than buying it for 40 bucks once it come out?

Clawww

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy SSF4AE on sale price now with all the DLC and upgrade to Ultimate for 15 bucks than buying it for 40 bucks once it come out?

Yeah, of course. I don't know if I care about the costumes enough to do that, though.

Although it might be a good idea to buy Steam AE in case it turns out that there is no upgrade path from GFWL to Ultra... or is that totally confirmed?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yeah, of course. I don't know if I care about the costumes enough to do that, though.

Although it might be a good idea to buy Steam AE in case it turns out that there is no upgrade path from GFWL to Ultra... or is that totally confirmed?

What? You don't care enough about the clothes to buy a game and get a cheaper upgrade path in the future, which you will obviously need to do, because the game you own now will be unplayable once the new game comes out, but you care enough to buy the clothes as a gift in the slim chance that you can apply the DLC for a previous game in the future release of that game and most likely lose that money?

And yes, it has been pretty much confirmed that SSFIVAE owners will be able to upgrade to SSFIVAEU for 15 dollars, and SSFIVAEU will be sold for 40 dollars. It will, most likely, be a discount on Steam, just like when SFIV owners got a discount on SSFIVAE.

mannerbot

Well, assuming that you want the costume DLC day 1 of Ultra here are your options:
- Ultra at full price: $39.99
- Buy All-In Costume Pack from GFWL: $14.99 + $15 for Ultra upgrade
- Buy AE + All-In Costume Pack from Steam: $11.23 if you can't get in on a 4-pack, plus $15 for Ultra upgrade

So basically unless you want to wait for Ultra to go 40% off, you should probably just buy AE again.

edit: oops too late

And yes, it has been pretty much confirmed that SSFIVAE owners will be able to upgrade to SSFIVAEU for 15 dollars, and SSFIVAEU will be sold for 40 dollars. It will, most likely, be a discount on Steam, just like when SFIV owners got a discount on SSFIVAE.

I think it'd be weird if AE owners got a discount on Ultra. I mean, that's kind of the point of the Ultra upgrade path, isn't it?

Also, I just thought of something: how is Capcom going to check if people owned the DLC on GFWL in Ultra? They're probably going to have to just give the costume dlc to everyone that upgrades to Ultra just like how everyone that owned Bioshock 2 got Minerva's Den when it went Steamworks, right? Well, maybe not people that owned the Steam version but not the DLC...

JaseC

I think it'd be weird if AE owners got a discount on Ultra. I mean, that's kind of the point of the Ultra upgrade path, isn't it?

There are two paths available to Capcom here: $15 DLC for AE that has its own library entry (think DE:HR's The Missing Link) or a discount on the full version of Ultra for existing owners of AE.

Nabs

SSFIVAE is one of those games that can run without Steam. It's amazing how this game went from having REALLY shitty DRM (14 character lock in offline mode), to just having shitty drm.

Clawww

What? You don't care enough about the clothes to buy a game and get a cheaper upgrade path in the future, which you will obviously need to do, because the game you own now will be unplayable once the new game comes out, but you care enough to buy the clothes as a gift in the slim chance that you can apply the DLC for a previous game in the future release of that game and most likely lose that money?

Woah--I thought my post conveyed that I had realized that trying gifting it to myself would be a dumb call.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Well, you can't just patch the game. You could, but I don't think Capcom will. They didn't do it in the past.

Technically, Ultra is just a DLC Pack for SSFIV:AE on Consoles, but SSFIV:AE was a DLC for SSFIV on consoles as well, but on Steam it was a discount. And then SFIV got removed from the store.

Ultra will probably be a new entry on the Steam Database, not a DLC for SSFIV:AE. And the way to get the "dlc upgrade path" for people that already own it on Steam is to discount the 40 dollar game by 64% for existing owners of SSFIV:AE, like they did on the SFIV->SSFIV:AE transition.

For instance: I have both SFIV and SSFIV:AE on Steam because I got a discount to buy SSFIV:AE because I already had SFIV. There was no DLC upgrade pack option. SFIV is no longer available on the Store. I believe this will happen again.

JaseC

Well, you can't just patch the game. You could, but I don't think Capcom will. They didn't do it in the past.

Technically, Ultra is just a DLC Pack for SSFIV:AE on Consoles, but SSFIV:AE was a DLC for SSFIV on consoles as well, but on Steam it was a discount. And then SFIV got removed from the store.

Ultra will probably be a new entry on the Steam Database, not a DLC for SSFIV:AE. And the way to get the "dlc upgrade path" for people that already own it on Steam is to discount the 40 dollar game by 64% for existing owners of SSFIV:AE, like they did on the SFIV->SSFIV:AE transition.

For instance: I have both SFIV and SSFIV:AE on Steam because I got a discount to buy SSFIV:AE because I already had SFIV. There was no DLC upgrade pack option. SFIV is no longer available on the Store. I believe this will happen again.

SFIV returned shortly after being removed. Either Capcom had a quick change of heart or it was a mistake.

mannerbot

Well, I was just assuming that the $15 upgrade for AE owners wouldn't simply be a large discount on the full Ultra game, since that would then come with all of the AE DLC (and the Capcom presentation specifically mentions that only full retail versions and not upgrades will have that). But discounting stand-alone USF4 does seem like their best option.

Deques

Did anyone notice that when redeeming the Focus Humble Bundle it has "1" in it? Could it be that Focus are planning to have more Humble Bundles in the future?

JaseC

Also, I just thought of something: how is Capcom going to check if people owned the DLC on GFWL in Ultra? They're probably going to have to just give the costume dlc to everyone that upgrades to Ultra just like how everyone that owned Bioshock 2 got Minerva's Den when it went Steamworks, right? Well, maybe not people that owned the Steam version but not the DLC...

Yeah, the move from GFWL to Steamworks makes that a logistical nightmare.

Did anyone notice that when redeeming the Focus Humble Bundle it has "1" in it? Could it be that Focus are planning to have more Humble Bundles in the future?

I would be happy about that. Looking through their catalog, there are definitely several games that I wouldn't mind having.

ss_lemonade

I think I've played all the mainline Resident Evil titles already except RE 6. So is it worth it? I keep reading mixed impressions about the game.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I think I've played all the mainline Resident Evil titles already except RE 6. So is it worth it? I keep reading mixed impressions about the game.

You either love it or hate it tbh, but it seems that ppl generally tend to love the Leon/Ada campaigns and disregard the rest. I like the whole game better than the shitfest that was RE5 though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If you've played all the RE games, you should understand and appreciate what they are doing with RE6. By reading their complaints, I am convinced that those who blast on RE6 do not understand the series.

OrangeOak

Is Bionic Commando PC port good?Is it free from technical problems? I've played this game on x360 and really liked it for it's gameplay and I would love to have it in my Steam library plus it's only 2,49 euro now in Capcom promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom