• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Beta Thread: Prepare 4 Battle (Update to beta drivers)

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm up for creating an OT. I've got a fair amount of times on my hands until the 22nd (which is a week before release) so it shouldn't be a problem.

Sethos

Banned
I'm up for creating an OT. I've got a fair amount of times on my hands until the 22nd (which is a week before release) so it shouldn't be a problem.

Awesome. Let me know if you need a hand with anything, can do some GIFs / GIF logos or some amateur photoshop work.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
And here's a great video from Daskro with all of them in use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC95qNH3TA0

Huh. Description of Javelin already makes a major change: You have to HOLD the lock/stay in the sight until it hits the targets. No more firing and forgetting after lock-on. :(

Same with the IGLA but the Stinger doesn't need to do that. So... why pick the IGLA over the Stinger? (Oh, re-reading it's a range-game. Eh...)

SRAW sounds like the AT4 replacement.

vixlar

One thing I like to see is bigger map use on small game modes.

That SDM, TDM and DOM get played in different parts of the map. And as I don't know all the rules on Defuse, it seems they're gonna be short games, so it would be cool that mode were round based, and each round on a different part of the map.

Xyber

Lock-on is for babies. RPG-7 all the way, there's not a lot of things that feels just as good as hitting a chopper really far away on the first try.

Lock-on is for babies. RPG-7 all the way, there's not a lot of things that feels just as good as hitting a chopper really far away on the first try.

Well a lot of babies play Battlefield and if everyone would be required to shoot down choppers with RPGs, then good pilots would forever go unchallenged.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
there's not a lot of things that feels just as good as hitting a chopper really far away on the first try.

There is: Using a stinger, having them pop to avoid your lock, relock as they bail from the cloud and nailing them. :)

Cry more. Dumb firing RPGs isn't something everyone can do.

kidko

I can't stand those launchers that won't fire without a lock. Worthless to me. I gotta be able to unload a rocket at a moment's notice if necessary. Might be on a jeep or tank... sniper's nest... whatever. Gotta have it. Hitting an aircraft is just gravy :>

Hey You

Quick Q for bf3 Gaf, is it worth for someone who hasn't played BF3 multiplayer to start playing or wait till 4?

I really was surprised at how much fun I had in the BF4 beta.

Remmy2112

Quick Q for bf3 Gaf, is it worth for someone who hasn't played BF3 multiplayer to start playing or wait till 4?

Battlefield 3 and its DLCs were fun, but honestly at this point with BF4 so close I'd just wait, especially if you put a significant amount of time into the beta. BF3 would feel pretty different and you'd have to deal with its implementation of suppression which was kind of annoying, especially for snipers. Also the weapon unlocks would take you quite awhile to get.

LEGGZZZZ

Just wait. BF4 is like a extremely polished refinement of BF3 (in most areas).

jaaz

There is. I took a chopper down that was carrying the bomb WITH an RPG WHILE parachuting. That will never happen again, lol. I sure could have used the PS4 share button back then...

HelloMeow

There is. I took a chopper down that was carrying the bomb WITH an RPG WHILE parachuting. That will never happen again, lol. I sure could have used the PS4 share button back then...

Probably not.

RPGs will no longer do 100% damage. They toned it down to 90%.

Bailers

After playing the BF4 beta, I'm going to say skip BF3. Tanks were janky in the beta, but everything else... Can't wait for the end of the month, and REALLY can't wait for November 15..

Bailers

Counter stabbed two people in a row then squad wiped the last guy with a pistol shot to the face. I guarantee that will never happen when I can share the video.

DSN2K

going back to Battlefield 3 Ive noticed a few things, texture work in BF4 is great...even on ultra BF3 looks flat in comparison. Only thing comparable is the single player what has much better textures then the multiplayer.

kidko

going back to Battlefield 3 Ive noticed a few things, texture work in BF4 is great...even on ultra BF3 looks flat in comparison. Only thing comparable is the single player what has much better textures then the multiplayer.

I'm guessing BF4's SP is going to look super pretty

Xyber

Well a lot of babies play Battlefield and if everyone would be required to shoot down choppers with RPGs, then good pilots would forever go unchallenged.

There is: Using a stinger, having them pop to avoid your lock, relock as they bail from the cloud and nailing them. :)

Cry more. Dumb firing RPGs isn't something everyone can do.

Of course lock-on rockets are required, if everyone was as stubborn as me when trying to take down a chopper without a lock-on then it would be one one-sided game! :p
I just enjoy the challenge and the great feeling I get when I land a really crazy shot is awesome.

I like to do the same with tanks as well, but this was a little harder in BF4 since the drop on the shells are insane now compared to 3. I hope they tweak so that the drop-off starts a little further away.

Pre-ordered the game the other day, got myself an i7 4770K and have Windows 8.1 installed. I'm all ready for battle!

I unfortunately was too busy to get to try out the BF4 beta, but how should I expect the performance to be if BF3 runs at 60fps in high/ultra settings?

Here are my specs:

i5 - 2320 (3ghz)
GTX 670
8gb RAM
Win7 64

reektann

What? What was that? Like World at War?

It basically had an awareness of a second monitor so it put the entire map up on mine whilst i was playing on my main. Was quite handy to quickly eyeball left to see where i was in relation to which points etc. Clever.

I still find the Battlelog stuff confusing as anything - when it launches Chrome, my brain shuts down in confusion.

This made me laugh as it's exactly how I am with Battlelog.. just no idea! http://videogamesnewsvideogamesnews.com/news-dice-clueless-as-to-how-battlelog-works/

I unfortunately was too busy to get to try out the BF4 beta, but how should I expect the performance to be if BF3 runs at 60fps in high/ultra settings?

Here are my specs:

i5 - 2320 (3ghz)
GTX 670
8gb RAM
Win7 64

For me personally on my setup I got half the fps in bf4 than 3. I was getting 60+ in bf3 and same settings in bf4 like 30-40 dips into 20's

reektann

For me personally on my setup I got half the fps in bf4 than 3. I was getting 60+ in bf3 and same settings in bf4 like 30-40 dips into 20's

I have very similar but it never felt 60 to be honest. It was very up and down. Hoping it's more stable in final as BF3 is certainly 60 constant for me.

Xyber

Here are my specs:

i5 - 2320 (3ghz)
GTX 670
8gb RAM
Win7 64

This should probably run it on high at 60fps. The game is more demanding than BF3. They will probably improve the performance a little, compared to the beta, with better drivers and some more optimization, but it will most probably not run like BF3 with the same settings.

tatsuki

It does feel good. However, It felt almost too easy hitting choppers with your rpg in the beta. You didn't even need to be accurate. The chopper hitbox for the rpg in the beta was op imo.

Here is a gif if it helps. The rpg path is much lower but still connects.
iO4Rx1sxLer8Y.gif

Edit.

bidguy

Banned
im still thinking about which version i should buy xbox one or pc

would i get better graphics+performance with my pc ? its a i5 4x3.9 ghz and a gtx 650 with 2gb ram and 8gb ddr3

im still thinking about which version i should buy xbox one or pc

would i get better graphics+performance with my pc ? its a i5 4x3.9 ghz and a gtx 650 with 2gb ram and 8gb ddr3
I doubt that setup will get 1080p @ 60fps unless release is way more optimized. I'm confused what to get too. I think I may just go ps4 if beta represents final performance.

Xyber

It does feel good. However, It felt almost too easy hitting choppers with your rpg in the beta. You didn't even need to be accurate. The chopper hitbox for the rpg in the beta was op imo.

http://i.minus.com/iO4Rx1sxLer8Y.gif[IMG]

Edit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had a few like that as well. It's more likely caused by some lag, the rocket went where the nose of the chopper was just before it hit. So the client probably checks against the server to see if it was a hit and there is a slight delay there. It has always felt like this with rockets against flying vehicles in both BC2 and BF3 to me, a slight delay from when you hit to when the explosion happens.

[quote="vogelkacke, post: 86752540"]im still thinking about which version i should buy xbox one or pc

would i get better graphics+performance with my pc ? its a i5 4x3.9 ghz and a gtx 650 with 2gb ram and 8gb ddr3[/QUOTE]

If they have fixed so that changing settings actually did something for your fps (some people had pretty much the same fps on ultra and low), then you should be fine on medium settings @1080p with that GPU. Xbox One will run at 720p, so you decide what you want there.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

iO4Rx1sxLer8Y.gif

Edit.
If you go through the GIF frame by frame it looks like the RPG did penetration damage to the bottom edge of the chopper and then clipped right through it.

Top Bottom