• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Boyes Confirms: Call of Duty: Ghosts is Native 1080p on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
My question would be that it's supposedly an unannounced major title. Since we don't know what the title is, how could it be major? It could be Big Rigs 2 for all we know. But major title? What would constitute a major title? It would have to be something already in development. We know the next CoD is probably in development since they rotate devs each year. Maybe it's Battlefield V? I don't know. I agree with you guys, since whatever it is it's probably still early in development. I'm just saying with the talk of Ghosts being 720p, it would probably be a big story if the next CoD was also 720p on Xbox. Please don't ban me.

It's just an average big Fall title, but it's got a long ways so that's why it doesn't make sense to overly debate this at this point.

Symbiotx

then you didn't really read what he wrote about devkits carefully.

Yes I did, he claims they can't give them away to everyone. There's no source, no qualifications, no reported cases of people being denied that are developers. All we've heard is indie developers raving about how helpful Sony has been. So yeah, I'm pretty sure anyone who is actually working on a game can get one. His whole claim that developing for Xbox is better is based on his his supposed economics, but his claims don't have any weight.
Edit : a word

And now CBOAT's back. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.
(Also, am I wrong for thinking it's hypocritical of so many people in this thread to be okay for Battlefield PS4 to be sub-1080p, when that same thing was a death-knell for the ONE?)

Mahonay

Banned
I'm disappointed that's BF4 on Ps4 is only 900p but then again look at all they are doing. 32vs32 is no joke, plus other details and whatnot. I'll reserve full judgement until I see it.
Exactly. It'll be fucking fine. Still a very solid launch game, considering what Battlefield games were on current gen consoles.

I dont think we respect the fact that these are still launch games.

We're getting like 20 across both consoles. It's really all good.

The meltdowns are fun, but it is really all good.

This isn't previous generation hardware. This is hardware all PC developers are already familiar with.

Joco

T7kCJp6.png

Must be about capturing video footage.

Youtube related? Something copyright?

Pretty dissapointed in bf4 being 900p on PS4. I don't get how COD ghost is having frame rate issues on xbone given that its running at 720 p. Launch games always find a way to dissapoint. Sigh at least we'll have killzone.

ironcreed

Banned
Hmm. Hearing BF4 is 900p on PS4 almost does make me reconsider this entire situation. More than anything, this just seems like normal rushed launch game conditions.

Xbone redeemed some then? Maybe the situation is not so bleak after all. And no one should be surprised about COD being all framey and such. That game looks like dog shit on a dirt road period.

BF4 is 60fps, right? I could see 900p on PPS4 at 60fps with BF visuals looking pretty damn good.

Thinking the same thing. 900p and 60 FPS at launch sounds like a homerun to me if we get proper BF visuals.

There's more of a difference going from 900p to 1080p than there is going 720p to 900p in pure pixels (though it's a smaller percentage difference).

I don't really know much about that, but 720p looks blurry and 900p looks much closer to how clean 1080p looks. I go back and forth on my PC depending on framerate, 900p looks great. 720p does not.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Here's 900p vs. 1080p before you get too upset:
I did that and it's not a great comparison. It was done quickly to give an idea of what scaling does. I would need to render a PC game at 900p and upscale it to make it proper.

Xbone redeemed some then? Maybe the situation is not so bleak after all. And no one should be surprised about COD being all framey and such. That game looks like dog shit on a dirt road period.

Launch titles...

I'm just getting the first party stuff for both consoles now. Screw rushed third party cross-gen ports.

ref

Battlefield 4 being 900p doesn't surprise me. As soon as I heard the rumour about it being 720p on X1, I was pretty sure it wouldn't be that large of a jump from 720p to 1080p so I guessed 900p.

It makes sense, with all the action that would be going on.

Mahonay

Banned
And now CBOAT's back. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.
(Also, am I wrong for thinking it's hypocritical of so many people in this thread to be okay for Battlefield PS4 to be sub-1080p, when that same thing was a death-knell for the ONE?)
Battlefield 4 has so much more going on resource wise that Call of Duty Ghosts. It's not a 1 to 1 comparison.

900p has been expected this entire time, this is what people are actually choosing to ignore right now. This is not some "megaton". 1080p was a distant possibility for BF4. Considering the evidence laid in front of us to this point, you'd be fooling yourself to expect it to hit that mark.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
T7kCJp6.png

w5hZoto.png

AYbpNZN.png

WeOUxqX.png

8a2M9yx.png

Must be about capturing video footage so I guess Sony is limiting which outlets are able to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom