• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Boyes Confirms: Call of Duty: Ghosts is Native 1080p on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Sony is going to indefinitely give away DEV kits?

Maybe I'm being obtuse here but I was always under the impression that there was a cutoff point before Sony said "buy your own dev kit".

Xbone redeemed some then? Maybe the situation is not so bleak after all. And no one should be surprised about COD being all framey and such. That game looks like dog shit on a dirt road period.

I do think the BF4 news puts the ONE in a better light. 1080p is clearly something that developers are having issues with on all platforms, and it's looking like the cause is having to meet the release date - not the hardware.

But still. Comparing the reactions to the two bits of information does not help the "GAF is a Sony hivemind" stereotype. (Though who knows, maybe once that info gets its' own thread - we'll see some more insanity).

Tonight has been fun though. I haven't seen GAF this crazy since I accidentally convinced them a guy with his face wrapped in bandages was computer-generated.

All I know is Infinity Ward and Dice better have a better showing the next go around. I understanding putting out top notch launch games on new hardware with constantly changing drivers is tough shit.

Wille517

Neo Member
T7kCJp6.png

Must be about capturing video footage.

If a huge component of your job is recording video games and suddenly you can't record on 1 of the two mega next gen consoles then yeah...That could hurt.
Except there is and has been a bypass for this for going on what 6+ years now

Not 1080p for bf4 does suck but at least they didnt go out of there way to gimp it to match the XB1 version which was the big fear.

I dont think we would see many 720/1080 splits on multiplat games.

900-1080 or 720-900 seems more realistic. Would not be shocked of COD xb1 gets a res boost to closer to 900 if the ps4 version is 1080.

And I just cant take Sessler seriously anymore. Dude has done a good job tossing away any good will he had this year. So much stupid out of that guys mouth in 2013.

hawk2025

T7kCJp6.png

w5hZoto.png

AYbpNZN.png

WeOUxqX.png

8a2M9yx.png

Must be about capturing video footage so I guess Sony is limiting which outlets are able to do it.

Aaahh, that sheds a bit of light on the issue. My guess is that the rollout of capture-capable devices has been too slow, and focused on "big" sites first, hence Sessler's frustration, especially since he can't talk about it.

Oh, and dat. CBOAT. Smackdown.

didn't know who this kevin dent guy was prior to this thread but now know that he's an interloper after seeing thuway/cboat pimp slap with extreme prejudice

wish Cboat would prove it. Cboat has been wrong so many times i do not understand how anyone can trust him.

With how many times he's been right though (especially in comparison to almost any other insiders on here; I see no real reason to doubt him - especially if it's xbox related)

Kibbles

Why do people think Adam is talking about HDCP? Isn't the PS4 the exact same as PS3? He isn't on his death bed because of the PS3. I mean it sucks but I don't think that has anything to do with what Sessler is saying.

DeltaJay

Banned
I'm glad I'm playing middle of the ground in all of this. Maybe it's time to hold developers to the fire instead of pointing fingers at just the consoles? The 720p stuff opened up a can of thrash of which I've never seen on GAF against the Xbone. Now we know the PS4 is the stronger console yet we're seeing a 900p resolution out of that. Does this mean we need to start looking at developers as well instead of just the console specs itself?

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist
I do think the BF4 news puts the ONE in a better light. 1080p is clearly something that developers are having issues with on all platforms, and it's looking like the cause is having to meet the release date - not the hardware.

But still. Comparing the reactions to the two bits of information does not help the "GAF is a Sony hivemind" stereotype. (Though who knows, maybe once that info gets its' own thread - we'll see some more insanity).

Tonight has been fun though. I haven't seen GAF this crazy since I accidentally convinced them a guy with his face wrapped in bandages was computer-generated.

Um, no. BF is the only non-1080p PS4 launch title.

Zalman

Can someone please help me catch up, what happened the last 7 hours while I was asleep? Why was the other thread locked?

60 vs 30 is described as a design choice.

Why not be more accepting of games that are not 1080p. Based on what y'all say, if you have a lot going on, on screen, that resolution may be hard to achieve.

-griffy-

Banned
On the last Giant Bombcast, weren't they talking about copyright issues and how for some videos in the future they may not be able to monetize them on YouTube? Could this be a large video game company saying that you can no longer monetize YouTube videos with footage of their games? That seems like a more likely way to jeopardize Adam's liveliehood (as he would no longer make money from his videos on YouTube) than not being able to directly capture footage of launch games on one Platform.

ironcreed

Banned
Launch titles...

I'm just getting the first party stuff for both consoles now. Screw rushed third party cross-gen ports.

Yep, we all need to take a breather and remember this. It's launch titles, many of which are cross-gen. We are not going to see the full potential of either machine being taken advantage of straight out of the gate, despite whatever power differences there are between the two. Both systems will shine in their own way as we move forward and we will look back on this madness and laugh heartily... I promise you.

It's not fine, exactly, as we'd all prefer 1080p. It is significantly better than 720p obviously, but it's not ideal. Not unexpected though. I feel the need to point this out because people are going to call us crazy for bitching about Xbone games being 720p but not making a peep when PS4 games aren't 1080p. We don't like it, obviously. But we'd still take the best version, which seems to be PS4.

I've come around it way before these news. Ryse looks crisp at 900p and so do all the games I play on my PC. Sure I prefer 1080p but 900p has some decent tradeoffs, so I'm not bothered at all. The image is still going to look pretty clean instead of a blurry mess.

1080p looks even better yes.

Yes I did, he claims they can't give them away to everyone. There's no source, no qualifications, no reported cases of people being denied that are developers. All we've heard is indie developers raving about how helpful Sony has been. So yeah, I'm pretty sure anyone who is actually working on a game can get one. His whole claim that developing for Xbox is better is based on his his supposed economics, but his claims don't have any weight.
Edit : a word

well, i don't want to argue because i literally wrote that i wasn't defending him in the first response post to you.

it's still the truth that PS4 devkits costs money and that sony really can't loan them out to all indie devs. of course it's nice that they are loaning them out, but there is nothing incorrect about saying that they can't to everyone. "can't" being "impractical" rather than "impossible"

ethomaz

Banned
The kinds of reviews he does must meet IQ requirements and require editing.
Fair about the IQ requirement but you can download and edit a twitch video.

BTW you can bypass easily DHCP :-D but I think he want a approval from publisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom