• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward confirms: CoD Ghost is 720p on Xbox One, 1080p on PS4

5kkdG8H.jpg

to be more exact:

resize to 1920x1080, bicubic sharpen
smart sharpen, 75%, 1px radius, more accurate, remove gaussian blur
add noise, 0.75px, uniform, monochromatic
adjust levels, input 16-235

ZeroAlpha

Banned
I really hope this is a sign that the rumors about the hardware and toolset being so behind and last min other than this being a constant hardware issue.

I'm pretty sure my 3 year old PC will run this cod at 1080p... MS really dropped the ball here I mean battlefield I somewhat get but COD?

This all but confirms for me all multiplatforms I get will be on PS4.

Watch that attach rate drop this gen MS.

DeadNames

Banned
I really hope this is a sign that the rumors about the hardware and toolset being so behind and last min other than this being a constant hardware issue.

I'm pretty sure my 3 year old PC will run this cod at 1080p... MS really dropped the ball here I mean battlefield I somewhat get but COD?

This all but confirms for me all multiplatforms I get will be on PS4.

Watch that attach rate drop this gen MS.

Oh yeah, because better graphics = better game. amirite guis?

Metfanant

i hope IW has been able to implement the mother of all AA solutions for the Xbone version of Ghosts...because its going to be a jag fest....

even if the PS4's scaler sucks (i dont believe it does, and think any "issues" with shapness on BF4 are from the AA solution and poor software scaling in Frostbite3)...there wont need to be ANY scaling of the PS4 version of Ghosts...

im really looking forward to the DF comparison of Ghosts...hopefully they have their capture hardware sorted out by then because its going to be an EPIC thread of epicness...

Bossofman

Neo Member
I personally like the softer 720 look, it is far more cinematic and artistic. Now if they can just get that darned framerate down to 24, like a fine movie, I will be in Heaven.

Cipherr

What with these posts saying people don't care, or people won't notice?!

I don't give a f*&ck about what people think, I now I care , and I know I notice. Xbone is second weakest generational jump after Nintendo Wii.

Besides "Noone will care" the only other avenue of damage control one can use is "Lazy developers!". At this point thats all they have, the PS4 has straight up lapped the XBOne something awful at this point. As the NDA's fall and release gets closer, things will continue to get clearer and clearer.

$100 more, inferior ports due to inferior hardware.

So this time on the comparisons we won't have any stupid upscaling issues on the PS4 version? lol.

Really sad though. CoD does not look like it pushes any graphical boundaries. More like a tap forward.

nib95

Banned

Yes. It does actually lol. Why do you think most people are buying a next gen console? For the ground breaking new innovative games? If graphics didn't matter, people would be content with the PS3 and 360 versions of these games.

If you focus on the resolution you could perhaps make that argument for BF4. The difference is the xbox one version makes significant technical compromises in order to match the PS4 in terms of gameplay important factors like frame rate. Even then, it apparently doesn't manage to reach parity.

cod_720p4nqqx.gif

toddhunter (I understand that reference), this gif is exceptional

The sony/microsoft shift from last generation is now complete. We've arrived at the "lazy devs" excuse.

Is this the angry acceptance stage?

What did MS expect though, using 4-5 year old tech inside a brand new next-gen system. It is the oddest thing ...

Could this be the most disappointing new system since ... well the Wii U?

ZeroAlpha

Banned

I'm not saying that at all. I'm still getting an XO at launch as the exclusives I feel are what I want to play right now.

But since I will be getting both machines why wouldn't I want to get the multiplatform game that looks better?

I also said I hope this I hope is more due to the lack of time last min hardware changes and a toolset from MS that isn't matured.

I personally like the softer 720 look, it is far more cinematic and artistic. Now if they can just get that darned framerate down to 24, like a fine movie, I will be in Heaven.

Same. I hate it when these games look so angular and sterile. I don't know it is about 720p console titles, but they feel more alive and real when I'm just chillin' on my comfy couch. More depth.

Its incredible that a system that should last us 7-10 years can't even do 1080p, anyways kudos to IW for coming out and saying it unlike DICE (truly disappointed with them).

Top Bottom