• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

swnny

Damn, with all the P4G talk the last few pages, I really want to (re)play it. Finished the PS2 version few years ago and it immediately became my second favorite game of all time, second to P3 Fes that is. :) I like the overall darker theme and the true ending (oh that ending... :( ) better then P4's, but that doesn't make P4 any bad.
Maybe the supposed big persona announcement(and what ever that is, it better be on the vita too) later this month will give me that needed little "push", so I can just jump and replay the whole series once again, which will be the reason for me to buy P4G. Right now, I'm more like "it can wait a bit, I have other games to play.
Still hoping, that PS+ EU will deliver once again and we will get P4G as one of the yearly free games. That will be so big. :D

Edit: Top of the page again. Well, if it's still not clear - Persona 4 Golden is THE game on the vita. Also, replaying some games on my PSP, I'll recommend Fate/Extra to everyone wanting similar exiperence to the Persona 3/4 games.

505 issued a press release for the console version of Terrarria receiving the 1.2 update late last week. They talked about how it's on iOS, Android and a pending launch on Windows 8 Mobile (lol) with no mention of the Vita version.
Meanwhile, in Japan...

So Tearaway, Ys IV, and Amazing Spider-Man are the final retail release of the year for the Vita.
No, there's at least Sorcery Saga in December.

Altrough I joked about P4G being GOTY for two years on a more serious note so far my GOTY would be Soul Sacrifice but i haven't tried DC, Muramasa, Rayman Legends yet.

Twinduct

505 issued a press release for the console version of Terrarria receiving the 1.2 update late last week. They talked about how it's on iOS, Android and a pending launch on Windows 8 Mobile (lol) with no mention of the Vita version.

They missed the mark with this. Personally I'm completely over this by now.

Although I love the rational that will be thrown around after this eventually comes out. "Low sales" being the pushing force for not supporting the platform for future sales ... meanwhile lets ignore that the game has literately came out on everything else months/ years before the Vita version.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
i can't vote on GOTY until Tearaway... i have a good feeling about it

yeah it's weird having goty votes when one of the biggest games is not out yet.

but after reading this it seems like most of Vita people will most likely ignore/not buy Tearaway anyway since they already don't care to wait for it before they declaring their Vita bests of the year.

but after reading this it seems like most of Vita people will most likely ignore/not buy Tearaway anyway since they already don't care to wait for it before they declaring their Vita bests of the year.

I have high expectations for tearaway (have it preordered on psn), but I doubt it'll beat Persona 4:Golden. I hope I'm wrong though

Even if NA gets a Tearaway pricing miracle ($25 or less) and I get over my hatred of the main character design and gobbledegook language, there's no way it's going to be better (for me) than Soul Sacrifice, Killzone, or Dragon's Crown. I've logged over 250+ hours between those 3 games. They're going to be hard to beat.

Although I love the rational that will be thrown around after this eventually comes out. "Low sales" being the pushing force for not supporting the platform for future sales ... meanwhile lets ignore that the game has literately came out on everything else months/ years before the Vita version.

Hahaha, yeah, most likely.

I haven't got the US$20 in store credit after spending US$100+. Anyone else haven't gotten theirs?

Everybody?
I had a XMB message on Friday afternoon (11/8) and got an email that evening telling me that my credit was available.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
This character ruined her Rise voice for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p4uoeimMEM *NLS*
Scores of tsunderes ruined JP Rise's VA as well
Whatever this is, is classic Laura Bailey work. And I want more of it.
Also, you have that completely backwards. Rie Kugimiya is the tsundere VA. Playing a Kuudere (Rise) is the thing that's irregular for her.
Why do you guys talk about Persona in my sleeping time? D:

I don't know what you mean with style, but I mostly find that P4 and P3 (I've just finished
Nanako's dungeon
) are like the opposite in almost everything. In P3 you are saving the world, in P4 you're investigating some murders.

In P3 characters are more like a bunch of coworkers. You have common objectives, but it takes quite some times until they feel like a bunch of friends (and some characters doesn't fit in that scheme *cough* Ken *cough*). In P4 they are friends, they act like real friends and you can't help but feel they all are necessary (Naoto still needs some time, but he's
Kanji's waifu
, so we must be friendly with him. And I loved how that
Kanji / Naoto relationship
works. How
he wants her to enter in the Beauty Contest to find if he is gay or not was awesome xD

I at least liked Persona 4 more than Persona 3 in OST. The opening song is awesome. There are some really good battle songs (both Reach Out to the Truth and Time to Make History), Heaven sountrack is awesome too. But I quite like how different they feel compared to every other JRPG out there. Those vocals + the mix of rythms (hip hop, pop and sometimes I even feel there is a little of jazz out there) is awesome. I don't know a lot about music, but I love it. Of course, P3 has some awesome tracks too.

How can a main character that only speaks through your decisions been "boring and uninteresting". Honest question. Sometimes you may find that there isn't a decision suited for you (I recognize it happens to me a little more in P3 than P4) but overall I find it like saying you lack personality XD.

He is a little cold, that's true. But the game isn't as friendly as P4.

The major reason I don't want to play FES is because i'm scared about not having full control of my party. The "Marin Karin" jokes scares me :S

FES + FeMC + P4 battle system = Awesome.

I found Rise's voice cool. My major complain with VA is Chie, but she is too awesome to be ruined. Naoto's voice is quite weird because he
sometimes talks like a guy and sometimes like a girl, but i think it's on purpose

Still, most games I played (outside of JRPGs and other niche stuff) are dubbed in Spanish. So I don't hear voice actors like Troy Baker (or whatever is his surname) in half the games I play xD
At this point in time, I'm talking about presentation. Which P4 has more of than any other game ever.

I never liked any of the cast of P3. They were just a group of people that happened to tolerate each other and no body actually liked anybody else. It made for a dull/depressing play session. Probably why I quit during the last month when they started to pretend to be all nice to each other and stuff.

In P4, they may conform to stereotypes but, at least they felt like people that I could actually be friends with. I liked reading the text and hearing them talk. It felt like the perfect version of HS. Which is the point of these things. At least for the Japanese.

I listen to the P3P and P4G OST on a regular basis. So whatever that says about my opinions. That's what I think.

Time to go find some screens !!
Also, from the Persona Wiki.
All Hail FeMC said:
Unlike the male protagonist or Megami Tensei protagonists in general, she is very bubbly, funny, upbeat, and cheerful. Her dialogue choices exhibit a broad spectrum of emotions, ranging from sarcasm, joking tones, utter seriousness, and otherwise depending on the player's choice. At school, she is said to have many admirers. She is a sharp contrast to the male protagonist who is very reserved and concise where she, on the other hand, is not afraid to interject into conversations where her male counterpart would remain silent. She is also said to be dependable and tough, just like how a leader should be.
Just Accept It Already said:
It is stated that she is closer to SEES than the main male character based on her Social Links and majority of her event choices. Examples of this include the choices on who to go to in the Summer Festival with , and the Christmas Eve events). This is likely due to her less reserved personality.
I can't find any screens. But this is how it goes.
http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/nexas/blog/the-female-protagonist-make-this-game-so-much-more/55430/#

MC Options During A Conversation
  • I Don't Care
  • This Is Dumb
FeMC Options During A Conversation
  • FUCK YEAH LETS DO THIS
  • You Might Want To Reconsider That
  • *FUCKING RANDOM THING THAT'S HILARIOUS*
If anything, it's the MC of P3 that I have a problem with. Everyone falls over him and they are pointless if his boring ass isn't in the room. Except for Mitsuru. Sometimes. She's the only strong one out of the bunch. People don't like you just because you're quiet and reserved. They just ignore you and you sit in the corner of the room being an introvert. P3 MC was just some guy that was along for the ride. Not like anyone else did anything either though. The only memorable plots was
Yukari's Dad being a scientist,
Mitsurus Dad dying. And that guy betraying them out of nowhere.
FeMC had a personality !! She had multiple ones of them. She's outgoing if you want her to be and not so much if you don't. Like I said. She has a personality. The exact same thing goes for Yu in P4. People may fall over him even more than P3 MC but, at least he's cool enough and has a personality for it.

Chie is the personification of butter. You can take that as far as you want to and I don't think you can prove me wrong.

I'll prepare the straitjacket and isolation cell.
LEAVE HIM ALONE !! I'm backing him up !! I agree that the bubbles look different with this most recent update !!
Was it suppose to come to Vita?
It should come to Vita...

Jamix012

Hey Vitabros, question.
I prefer owning physical copies, but I heard that you get Wipeout 2048 DLC for free if you own the PS3 versions. Can anyone vouch that this works for physical copies or only digital?

Takao

Banned
Nah he's just got it in for Shahid for some reason.

I've pretty much written him off as a hype man who's only good for indie games, which is fine for what it is. I just found it amusing that a game that was requested (even though it wouldn't be the best fit) ended up on iPad.

So Tearaway, Ys IV, and Amazing Spider-Man are the final retail release of the year for the Vita.

Injustice is out tomorrow.

Terrarria sold pretty well on PS3 in Japan, so that's not too surprising. What is surprising is that 505 is apparently planning a retail release for the Vita version in Europe.

Yeah, I was interested in buying it but things have just taken way too long. I have no problem with there being iOS, Android, and Windows Phone versions of the game but I'm a little annoyed that those were all announced after the Vita version yet will all be released before the Vita one.

If it sells poorly 505 will probably abandon Vita, but that's not a major blow given what they've released on it. The developers behind Terraria confirmed a sequel, and it sounds like they'll handle the console/handheld versions themselves.

Hey Vitabros, question.
I prefer owning physical copies, but I heard that you get Wipeout 2048 DLC for free if you own the PS3 versions. Can anyone vouch that this works for physical copies or only digital?

Confusion.

WipEout HD + Fury DLC is free if you own WipEout HD + Fury on PSN for the PS3. It doesn't matter if your copy of WipEout 2048 is digital or physical, it only matters that the account on your Vita is the account that owns the digital-only PS3 WipEout HD + Fury releases.

--

Injustice is out tomorrow.

Shhh. Some things are better off forgotten.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Also, you have that completely backwards. Rie Kugimiya is the tsundere VA. Playing a Kuudere (Rise) is the thing that's irregular for her.
No what I mean is I've hated every kugirie tsundere character so I can't stand her voice at all in general lol.

Also, is the PSP Castlevania game that also contained Symphony of the Night good? I've been wanting to check that out.

It's tough (fair, and exacting) but good. Even though the remake is nice and has some cool additions to it, the real star of the show is the original 1993 PC-Engine version of Rondo of Blood which you can unlock relatively easily with an FAQ. It's arguably the finest traditional, old-school Castlevania, and the 2.5D remake and any long-time Castlevania fan owes it to themselves to play it. By the time you've beaten it and hunted down the secrets and alternate paths, you'll feel like a boss... like you really mastered something. The only thing I'll knock it for is that Rondo & SotN have borders for their 4:3 display that can't be disabled.

Also, aside from a bunch of rpgs that have been listed, get yourself Metal Slug Anthology (always great to have portable, never played out) and Shock Troopers (next best SNK action game to Metal Slug... cheap, small filesize, way fun, playable and cool).

Hey Vitabros, question.

Works for physical, as in I bought 2048 on a cart but it still recognized my digital purchases of WipeoutHD/Fury :)

RIP Liverpool :(

cyborg009

Banned
Wow a lot more games coming out for the Vita then I expected.
I've pretty much written him off as a hype man who's only good for indie games, which is fine for what it is. I just found it amusing that a game that was requested (even though it wouldn't be the best fit) ended up on iPad.

Tbh he cares more about the Vita than SCEA.

Skyzard

Banned
Is anyone else planning on getting Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z on the Vita as opposed to consoles?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Z

Hopefully will do yep. I like the flying around the stage and fighting like in the anime.

Depends on what you're asking about... I think it's supposed to be a phenomenal port, so if you're into the game, you're good to go. ;)

I'm just not a fan of the game itself.

I hadn't even heard about the game till it was announced for Vita and the MK influence plus superheroes sounds pretty good to me in principle...will check some reviews of the original game just in case. Glad to hear it's a good port.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Just blind bought Guacamelee. I know absolutely nothing about it, haven't seen any media, nothing. Just figured might as well only about the price of a combo meal.

It's more fun than a combo meal right?

It's DD-only in North America, likely $40, only features the English dub, and there's no plans for any DLC (including the preorder characters) so yeah.

Just import the UK version eventually, it'll drop in price within a month/week/afewdaysafteritlaunches. That's my plan. I mean, Namco's actually releasing the physical version here in Australia, but lol $70.

I hadn't even heard about the game till it was announced for Vita and the MK influence plus superheroes sounds pretty good to me in principle...will check some reviews of the original game just in case. Glad to hear it's a good port.

MK influence? Not so much. It's definitely it's own game... I checked out and put some time in with the demo when the console versions were coming out and decided I liked MK9 better and it didn't feel right to me. I would've rather had MK10 than Injustice, especially since I'm not a big fan of a lot of the DC Universe.

Just blind bought Guacamelee. I know absolutely nothing about it, haven't seen any media, nothing. Just figured might as well only about the price of a combo meal.

Guacamelee would rate pretty damn high on my DD-only GOTY list.
I just finished the 2nd DLC... if you like metroidvania type games, you should love it. It has some tight/challenging platforming sections and the combat is ridiculously deep for a 2D metroidvania game.
It might be the best purchase you made all year. ;)

so is Rogue Legacy Vita MIA or just dead?

It's a 2014 game. It has been since it was announced.
:checks calendar:
Oh hey, look, it's still 2013. No wonder it's not around yet. This isn't a Terraria/Bit.Trip.Runner 2/Luftrausers/etc.
We're nowhere near that yet.

nicolajNN

It depends on how much you like a combo meal. It's one of the best games released this year, tight combat and platforming and nice humour with fun references.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Oh hey, look, it's still 2013. No wonder it's not around yet. This isn't a Terraria/Bit.Trip.Runner 2/Luftrausers/etc.

thanks for the info

I just wanted to ask because I've been playing it on handheld (ok a godzilla-sized handheld but still) now in the right way -60fps- and it's really perfect for handheld and actually better than on monitor/HDTV, you guys will love it.

Skyzard

Banned
MK influence? Not so much. It's definitely it's own game... I checked out and put some time in with the demo when the console versions were coming out and decided I liked MK9 better and it didn't feel right to me. I would've rather had MK10 than Injustice, especially since I'm not a big fan of a lot of the DC Universe.

Hmm thanks for the warning, will be cautious. Not huge on fighters, have a few already and getting DBZ too hopefully.

^ remote play bf4, decent video and length. looks really good, watching the rest now

It's a shame they can't add automatic gyro aiming to fps titles in remote play (like how killzone does it, while looking down sights/scope).

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Hmm thanks for the warning, will be cautious. Not huge on fighters, have a few already and getting DBZ too hopefully.

^ remote play bf4, decent video and length. looks really good, watching the rest now

It's a shame they can't add automatic gyro aiming to fps titles in remote play (like how killzone does it, while looking down sights/scope).

I never get used to that BS, not in Uncharted GA and not in other games that uses it. I don't have issue with motion control in games but for me gyro aiming/sniping is just awful and don't feel natural.

thanks for the info

I just wanted to ask because I've been playing it on handheld (ok a godzilla-sized handheld but still) now in the right way -60fps- and it's really perfect for handheld and actually better than on monitor/HDTV, you guys will love it.

Sorry for the sarcasm -- always hard to know how to take your posts. ;)
The game is fantastic and is an AWESOME fit for Vita.
It's got that... Spelunky... like replayability.
The sooner it comes out, the better.

It's just very different. I think there's only 3 attack buttons and then the "interact" button and the "trait" button. It's a very odd system...

A lot of it just felt gimmicky to me. Add in the fact that I thought the animations felt jankier than they should and it just felt like a giant step back from everything I loved about MK9.

I've stuck to my plan of only potentially buying it for <$5 on Steam for the ability to beat the snot out of Superman at my whim. But anything more than that? No thanks. I have a ton of other fighters I'd rather play.

Speaking of not buying things until...
What the hell happened to the Rayman Legends Vita patch for the Invasion levels?

Skyzard

Banned
^ still waiting on that patch myself, haven't heard anything yet but last I read a few days ago they were still working on it surprisingly.
That system in Injustice does sound pretty bad but the videos looked good... hopefully there will be a demo.

I never get used to that BS, not in Uncharted GA and not in other games that uses it. I don't have issue with motion control in games but for me gyro aiming/sniping is just awful and don't feel natural.

You know those small adjustments you need to make while you are spraying - the enemy moves out of your sights but you are too tense to let go and stop shooting (can't risk the delay).

You try and move the nubs but it's not quite right and hard to keep up...keep your hand holding the vita and just tilt it a little to correct...only while holding L trigger for scope.

Works so well as an additional input - can always keep hand still when firing though?

It's the vita nubs being so small and sensitive, not great when you're panicking :) Hopefully they get the deadzone right.

killatopak

Gold Member
I think killatopak is like Anakin Skywalker. He will balance the force
killing everyone
. 0 on both sides equal balance, right? XD
Nah, I feel more like Rocky actually. Fighting the champ possibly getting brutally defeated but winning in the end. :)

Sorry if I'm late. I was drinking
the blood of Jedi warriors and Sith lords.
xD.
Just beer. :p

Also Happy (belated?) birthday, killatopak!
(Not sure what timezone you're in :p)
Thanks! It's UTC +8. You made it in time. :)
It's the vita nubs being so small and sensitive, not great when you're panicking :) Hopefully they get the deadzone right.
On PS Vita 3000 hopefully. Ergonomics of the 2000 and screen of the 1000.

----------

My GoTY would be Soul Sacrifice.
My only game. xD

nampad

Guacamelee would rate pretty damn high on my DD-only GOTY list.
I just finished the 2nd DLC... if you like metroidvania type games, you should love it. It has some tight/challenging platforming sections and the combat is ridiculously deep for a 2D metroidvania game.
It might be the best purchase you made all year. ;)

Is the second Guacamelee DLC just some challenge rooms like those mines or is it really a new area?

Is the second Guacamelee DLC just some challenge rooms like those mines or is it really a new area?

It's an entirely new area, but it's core gameplay is its challenge rooms.

They're pretty well done and make good use of the games core mechanics to present challenging ordeals. 17 challenges. Beat 10 with a bronze/silver/gold, get new costume 1/2/3. 7 new trophies, I think.

Definitely worth the $3 I paid for it.

2013-11-11-134008krswg.jpg

Here's an example of one of the rooms:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYvk5CdPv5M

Damn, with all the P4G talk the last few pages, I really want to (re)play it. Finished the PS2 version few years ago and it immediately became my second favorite game of all time, second to P3 Fes that is. :) I like the overall darker theme and the true ending (oh that ending... :( ) better then P4's, but that doesn't make P4 any bad.
Maybe the supposed big persona announcement(and what ever that is, it better be on the vita too) later this month will give me that needed little "push", so I can just jump and replay the whole series once again, which will be the reason for me to buy P4G. Right now, I'm more like "it can wait a bit, I have other games to play.
Still hoping, that PS+ EU will deliver once again and we will get P4G as one of the yearly free games. That will be so big. :D

Edit: Top of the page again. Well, if it's still not clear - Persona 4 Golden is THE game on the vita. Also, replaying some games on my PSP, I'll recommend Fate/Extra to everyone wanting similar exiperence to the Persona 3/4 games.

I'm still kind of annoyed it went on sale again and I just missed it. I'll get it next time it goes on sale. (I don't have enough in my wallet to grab it now and my backlog is too big to need a 90+ hour rpg right now anyway). I'm trusting you guys to let everyone know next time it happens!

cafemomo

Still irradiated Fatlus didn't localize P2EP for the PSP.
PS1 version is fine, but it's janky as fug

I wish they would bundle up the P2 duology and re-re-release them on the Vita. P2 in P4G styled graphics would be the sex.

Top Bottom