• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

wilflare

Went to Gamestop to pick up Kingdom Hearts 1.5HD and Tales of Xillia ($35 total) and casual threw out the question if they had a copy of Ys Celceta Silver Edition. Worker went into the back and came back with one. Score!

He then added "good thing you got here when you did, we were about to gut it." Couldn't believe it. I asked why the hell you'd gut the last copy of a collectors edition, and he said its policy to have at least one box on display. Oh Gamestop...

Gotta finish the last hour or so of Ys 7 before graduating up to Celceta.

I really regret getting the LE of both KH 1.5HD and ToX (and its CE now) - all these price drops @_@

Steel

Banned
Can the voices be turned off in the settings? I watched a video of it at some point and remember wanting to pull my hair out whenever they talked. I still want to try one out at some point because the way people describe it it almost sounds like harvest moon in a way.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the voice acting in Atlier is really bad. I don't know if you can turn off the voices. Never tried as I try to look past bad voice acting normally. I vaguely remember that the settings for it had a lot of options, so it might.

But yeah, it does have some harvest moon paralells thematically. Except it's with alchemy.

wilflare

should I buy
Tearaway + Ys Celceta (digital when I have the physical CE)
or Tearaway + Ys PSP Games + some $2 thingum

to hit the Spend $60, get $10 back?

RalchAC

should I buy
Tearaway + Ys Celceta (digital when I have the physical CE)
or Tearaway + Ys PSP Games + some $2 thingum

to hit the Spend $60, get $10 back?

If you already have the game (Ys Celceta) why should you spend more money? Just buy those Ys PSP games.

wilflare

Amazon has Tearaway for $30, both Digital code and Physical
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050SX0UY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Muramasa Rebirth sold out but you still buy Limited Edition for $30

do we still get all these stuff when we purchase from Amazon?

Special limited Time Offer! As a thank you for your purchase we are including a bundle of goodies for you to enjoy! These include iota and atoi costumes for LittleBigPlanet™ 2, LittleBigPlanet™ Karting and LittleBigPlanet™ PlayStation®Vita. You will also receive the game soundtrack with exclusive bonus track, PSN avatars of iota and atoi, a special Tearaway PlayStation®Vita home screen skin and an exclusive skin and papercraft plan for the famous Tearaway piggy pal.

Flandy

Could one of you guys explain to me what black magic GG used to get Killzone to look this fucking good on the Vita?

baekshi

Banned
do we still get all these stuff when we purchase from Amazon?

Special limited Time Offer! As a thank you for your purchase we are including a bundle of goodies for you to enjoy! These include iota and atoi costumes for LittleBigPlanet™ 2, LittleBigPlanet™ Karting and LittleBigPlanet™ PlayStation®Vita. You will also receive the game soundtrack with exclusive bonus track, PSN avatars of iota and atoi, a special Tearaway PlayStation®Vita home screen skin and an exclusive skin and papercraft plan for the famous Tearaway piggy pal.
If it doesn't say that on Amazon, I don't think so. If that is on PSN store, maybe you will get it also with the code you purchased from Amazon.

baekshi

Banned
yeap... but still need some stuff to pair this with to get the $10 back

I'm wondering this too. Otherwise, I'll probably buy Tearaway digitally to get the $10 back.

Nevermind what I just said , I searched google and found this
http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/1rrft9/tearaway_ps_vita_digital_code_2999/

2 hours ago*
Just redeemed my code on my PS Vita. Surprisingly it still came with the pre-order bonuses (thought it was only available for the first week).
For people who buy this and miss out on the pre-order bonuses, it might be possible to get them by complaining to Sony about the redeem code function being disabled. Who knows?

Famassu

Mh... I made a big mistake... I ordered the Limited Edition of Muramasa (at 30$, how could I not?) from Amazon.com forgetting the fact that it has DLC. DLC that I won't be able to enjoy since I'm European and all. :/

Sol1dus

Been On a hotline Miami binge since yesterday. I'm in chapter 8 now I think. That music is so good. SO GOOD.

WHY ISNT EVERYONE PLAYING IT?!

(I think all this violence is getting to me)

Been On a hotline Miami binge since yesterday. I'm in chapter 8 now I think. That music is so good. SO GOOD.

WHY ISNT EVERYONE PLAYING IT?!

(I think all this violence is getting to me)

image.php

I have had it on PC for a while and it is a great game. Still have the OST on my iPhone and listen to it regularly.

whitehawk

Banned
Just got Killzone. Great game. When are we getting the new patch that frees up about 800mb? 1.1 GB is too big for my 8GB stick.

antibolo

Banned
Could one of you guys explain to me what black magic GG used to get Killzone to look this fucking good on the Vita?

It's the long forgotten black magic called "actually putting an effort into it".

95% of Vita games look bad because the developer couldn't be bothered to fully optimize the game to the Vita hardware. In these modern days of 3rd party middleware and such, developers rarely go the extra length to fully use the platform they're targeting, and that problem is even worse on "niche" platforms such as the Vita.

Massa

It's the long forgotten black magic called "actually putting an effort into it".

95% of Vita games look bad because the developer couldn't be bothered to fully optimize the game to the Vita hardware. In these modern days of 3rd party middleware and such, developers rarely go the extra length to fully use the platform they're targeting, and that problem is even worse on "niche" platforms such as the Vita.

Bullshit. Most games have an incredible amount of effort put into them, it just so happens that not every team can work with over 60 people on a Vita project for more than 3 years.

Famassu

Except "couldn't be bothered" is, in this case, "Vita games sell so horribly badly that there's no sense to give console-level AAA budgets to Vita games." It's not developer laziness or really even publisher greed in most cases. It's just the harsh reality of game development costs vs. actual sales. Devs could hardly afford to put huge sums of money behind harnessing the full power of PSP (only a few of the bigger publishers could do it with franchises like Final Fantasy & Monster Hunter). Vita is I don't even know how much more expensive to develop for (if you really make a game like Killzone) AND it's a super-niche platform. I mean, even some INDIE developers have said they've been disappointed with Vita sales and their game budgets are a fraction of "proper" Vita games' development budgets.

Servbot24

Banned

Oh please, developers are working their asses off. They love good games just as much as you do, probably more, and they all want to make the best game possible. Not their fault that budgets and deadlines are so tight.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I know it's december but i want to reply to the developers effort discussion.
Time, vita's sales and money sure influence the final result, and a hand from sony helps too, but if there's no big talent you can't do killzone or tearaway, made by 15 people iirc.
Do i need to remember that many vita games look like psp games and that many others(some of those psp looking games too) are not optimized and have big framerate ior resolution ssues?
They can have all the reasons of this world but many developers undoubtely made lazy efforts on vita.

Getting a Vita for Xmas from the wife! I am so stoked and cannot wait, but I had a question. Without a ps3/4 can I still download psp games like tactics ogre to it?

leroidys

Getting a Vita for Xmas from the wife! I am so stoked and cannot wait, but I had a question. Without a ps3/4 can I still download psp games like tactics ogre to it?

Absolutely. There are some games though that don't show up on the Vita store that you can transfer from the PS3 if you have one.

Sitrus

I believe Tactics Ogre (PSP version) is a game that you can just download from your Vita since it sits there on my screen like a candy:p

kakashi08

I'm looking for a game for the vita that is similar to "Galaxian", I've played that game in mortal combat 3, me and my brothers use to play it a lot. Any psVITA games that are similar to that? Thanks.

Number45

I'm looking for a game for the vita that is similar to "Galaxian", I've played that game in mortal combat 3, me and my brothers use to play it a lot. Any psVITA games that are similar to that? Thanks.
Closest I can think of, and it's not that close, is Super Stardust Delta. Fantastic game though. :)

Thinking about it, did the Space Invaders remake come out for the PSP? If so that might be a good bet.

Top Bottom