• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I feel the exact opposite. I could always get through Mario Kart providing I hit all the speed pads and turbo boosted every corner, but I'm doing that in some of these Sonic tracks and I'm still getting passed by AI karts. In the end it's not that big of a deal though, I've come to expect the AI cheating in kart racers to be the standard.

I mean this in the most non insulting way possible. Please don't take this an an offense. But have you considered that maybe you're just not racing well enough? You probably just need more practice. I just started doing the grand prix events on expert difficulty after I made my previous post in this thread. I did the first two grand prix events on expert and came first in every race except the after burner one, which I got a close second in. 7 out of 8 1st place finishes on the hardest difficulty. Consistent winning of races because I was racing consistently well. And I wasn't even using one of my better characters. There's no blue shell here. The items don't fuck you over anywhere near as badly as Mario Kart. If you're consistently losing then you're probably doing something wrong.

Of course every now and then a string of unlucky things might happen that you can't avoid causing you to lose. That's the natureof this type of game really. But it's definitely less common in this game compared to the likes of Mario Kart due to much more balanced items. The AI is good. There's no denying that. They're not godly, and they're beatable. You just have to play well. I'd suggest that you should just practice more.You'll surely get better over time and naturally find races easier as you get better. I'd be happy to give you some pointers if you're struggling with anything in particular.

Oh wow I'm top of the page. I have to recommend something. I'm gonna be different for the sake of being different and name a good game that never gets mentioned. Buy Big Sky Infinity. It's one of the most underappreciated games in the Vita library and my favourite twin stick shooter on Vita. Yeah that's right I prefer it over Super Stardust Delta. Buy Big Sky Infinity!

Novocaine

No offense taken.

I'm still new to the game, so I'm far from a pro. But I have run perfect laps in the game multiple times and still get outplayed by the AI. Hitting every turbo pad, drifting around every corner, doing tricks at every possible place I can, taking the shortest routes, and not getting hit by items or running into walls.

I know it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm not though, I expected it going in. Just find it kind of crazy is all. I've been using Sonic, maybe I should switch it up.

Tizoc

^HAve you updated the game to it's latest patch? You'll know you updated because Alex Kidd should be among the selectable characters.

I'll own it on PS3, PC, and Vita when it comes out. Hopefully it'll be like Injustice and include all DLC.

I seriously doubt that. Look at the size of all the DLC for PC/PS3.
Then look at the size of the digital game.
Now shrink all of that to fit on a 3.1gb card.

Plus, if they did GOTY, how would they make any money off the few people who buy it? ;)

It just seems really unlikely to me, just based on the size issues.
I think the best you could hope for is maybe the DLC is crossbuy, so if you own it on PS3...

jonno394

No offense taken.

I'm still new to the game, so I'm far from a pro. But I have run perfect laps in the game multiple times and still get outplayed by the AI. Hitting every turbo pad, drifting around every corner, doing tricks at every possible place I can, taking the shortest routes, and not getting hit by items or running into walls.

I know it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm not though, I expected it going in. Just find it kind of crazy is all. I've been using Sonic, maybe I should switch it up.

Im playing as sonic and it's instances like being at full pelt on a straight and getting overtaken by another racer with an apparent slower speed than you that really annoys me.

Started racing on B Class now and finishing in the top 2 nine times out of 10 atm. Wreck it Ralph has made me never want to watch the movie, the amount of times I see that fat SOB overtaking me!

ZeroAKA

I mistakenly thought Delta was an "expansion" of sorts but it seems it's a stand alone release.

Whoops.

Incidentally, under the "new content" section of the game's wiki page it states that the game will feature "lots of new content".

Love those details.
There is a list of all (60+) changes on the official site. The problem is that it's all in Japanese.

Tizoc

IIRC, the console versions got a patch that made the harder difficulties more easier/balanced, dunno if it ever got to be done for the Vita ver., but I assume it didn't sell as much as the other versions to warrant further updates sadly.

Watch this guys channel where he destroys expert on sonic racing. Every trick in the book and perfect racing ... He often has a clear lead by the end too. Still, the AI is a total bitch ( esp on certain courses like hotd and burning rangers ) but it is possible! http://youtu.be/YKCsrxhcxrE

So, I finally finished the Journey in P3FES

VWVCBf9.png

What an epic ending to those 99 hours, I even had to
fight Nyx
twice (accidentally reloaded a save after winning the battle).
Good thing Armageddon is super OP
Really loved being able to
go back to school and talk to all the s.links after the fight (especially Maya's scene haha)
I felt like I was able to say a proper goodbye to all the characters (I'm going to miss them >.>)

Now I can start on P4G!!

jonno394

If they open strong with Atelier, my faith will be restored.

I'm hoping for 50% off Sly Cooper, The Walking Dead Vita, Killzone and Dragons Crown. a 50% off Tearaway on 23rd/Xmas Eve would really make christmas for me (im currently planning on buying it on Boxing Day)

Novocaine

Just a reminder to all EU Vita Gaf that the 12 deals of Christmas starts tomorrow on the EU PSN with a new offer every 48 hours. The blog update specifically states there will be one PS3 and one Vita title every 2 days. Fingers crossed we get some good stuff :)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/29/12-deals-of-christmas-returns-to-playstation-store/

Hope that comes to AU as well.

Oh as a heads up, speaking of sales the weekend sale has Dokuro, but it's showing as a PS3 game, for anybody interested but filters results and missed it.

Dragon

Banned
So, I finally finished the Journey in P3FES

What an epic ending to those 99 hours, I even had to
fight Nyx
twice (accidentally reloaded a save after winning the battle).
Good thing Armageddon is super OP
Really loved being able to
go back to school and talk to all the s.links after the fight (especially Maya's scene haha)
I felt like I was able to say a proper goodbye to all the characters (I'm going to miss them >.>)

Now I can start on P4G!!

I just finished P4G. 75 hours and still have some if the harder trophies to unlock. Three or four social links and all fusion unfortunately. Probably will follow a guide so I don't have to play through again.

I'm hoping for 50% off Sly Cooper, The Walking Dead Vita, Killzone and Dragons Crown. a 50% off Tearaway on 23rd/Xmas Eve would really make christmas for me (im currently planning on buying it on Boxing Day)

Tearaway is already dirt cheap... Hoping for a sale on Atelier, Dynasty warrior, Batman, Muramasa, Rayman Legends & The walking Dead

I just finished P4G. 75 hours and still have some if the harder trophies to unlock. Three or four social links and all fusion unfortunately. Probably will follow a guide so I don't have to play through again.

I'm expecting to do at least 2 playthroughs of P4G, tried to do everything in one go on P3 and felt like I bit off too much to chew AND still missed some things i.e Elizabeth dates :(
Hopefully just taking things at my own pace will let me enjoy it more - not that I didn't enjoy P3, was jut constantly worried I'd make a mistake and screw up s.links

Redhood

Amazon has Tearaway for $29.99, Lego Marvel for $24.99, Killzone for $19.99 (digital codes).

Ahh this is so making me angry of buying day 1 digital games. But oh well atleast tearaway was worth it. Guess having Amazon store is a good thing for the future.

Your love for this game rivals Carl's obession with Drinkbox and Futurlab easily. You have been pimping it a lot lately.

I'm excited the game is releasing for Vita Tuesday, as it will make it eligible for the spend $60 promo and I can buy the Vita version to show support for the platform. It's highly likely I pick this up... trailers make it look fun/interesting.

Tizoc

Your love for this game rivals Carl's obession with Drinkbox and Futurlab easily. You have been pimping it a lot lately.

Having rcently beaten it, it's a perfect 'take a break game', it's not too complex and the character dialog's are quite hilarious, and much of the stuff you end up doing are straight up 'WTF'.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Am weirdly excited for rainbow moon because I NEED another handheld rpg even if it isn't great.

Too bad I couldn't get past the horrifying characters in disgaea.

Tsunamo

iF YOU're on EU PSN, there's a PSX Mickey game that's bonkers hard, but is a decent platformer overall. It's 50 Hz however.

Speaking of which, the only Disney game I have is Hercules since it was my first PSX game. Tempted to get Tarzan if it ever goes on sale, I also liked that as a kid.
Disney games in the PSX era were great along with Toy Story 2's videogame adaption which is still a really fun 3D platformer.
If they open strong with Atelier, my faith will be restored.
We can only hope
and threaten Tecmo Koei Europes twitter page
Hope that comes to AU as well.
It should do seeing as how we got last years sale.
Stick it to the man Vita is releasing this coming week
You can pre-order it now from the US or EU Store, it's cross-buy even though the store page hasn't updated to show that yet.
I'm really interested in Stick it to the man but it's $18.45 on the Australian store so I'll probably just wait until a sale to grab it.

Top Bottom