• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

Acid08

Banned
So I got paid and want to get some new Vita stuff. List includes:

Tearaway
DOA5+
Spelunky
Guacamelee
Katamari

Think I'll go with Tearaway and one other. Any recommendations?

On another note, can anyone give me a rundown of what the Atelier series is? I was looking at the store pages and they sound cool. Do they have personality and fun characters? I also read that the two on the Vita are the second and third games in a trilogy, would it be good to at least read a plot summary of the first game? Thanks Vita Bros!

Shinriji

Tearaway
DOA5+
Spelunky
Guacamelee
Katamari

On another note, can anyone give me a rundown of what the Atelier series is? I was looking at the store pages and they sound cool. Do they have personality and fun characters? I also read that the two on the Vita are the second and third games in a trilogy, would it be good to at least read a plot summary of the first game? Thanks Vita Bros!

The first game on the trilogy was recently released in Japan and the chances are good that it will be released on the US. But the games are standalone, so beside a cameo here and there, you won't lose anything playing the games out of order.

And the Atelier series are pretty good.

Tizoc

Oh we thinking up subtitles for the new thread?
Well seeing as we know have a lot more new Vita owners, how about it references that?

ZeroAKA

I'm glad/surprised that there are quite a few Killzone Mercenaries players who are worse than me. Got second place in a 8-player free-for-all in my first online game. :p

killatopak

Gold Member

Tearaway
DOA5+
Spelunky
Guacamelee
Katamari

Either Spelunky or Guacamelee. DOA5+ ain't half bad either. There's tons of content there if you're a fan of fighting games.

I posted this earlier so here you go:
ThhUiOB.jpg

I'm gonna wait for reviews on Rainbow Moon before I decide to buy it.

BlueMaxima did a video/review of it. Check his channel for it.

Tearaway
Spelunky
Guacamelee

Get all those.

Either Spelunky or Guacamelee. DOA5+ ain't half bad either. There's tons of content there if you're a fan of fighting games.

I posted this earlier so here you go:

Recommending Spelunky and Guacamelee? Good jorb!

Acid08

Banned
The first game on the trilogy was recently released in Japan and the chances are good that it will be released on the US. But the games are standalone, so beside a cameo here and there, you won't lose anything playing the games out of order.

And the Atelier series are pretty good.
Nice, will check them out. Joining the crowd that wants a sale :lol

Fighting games are one of my favorite genres and thankfully the Vita is pretty well represented there. MvC2 and Third Strike ports would be nice though :p DOA is just expensive plus DLC costumes. Tons of cash to be spent there.

As for the next OT? "OLED Screens and Broken Dreams"

killatopak

Gold Member
Fighting games are one of my favorite genres and thankfully the Vita is pretty well represented there. MvC2 and Third Strike ports would be nice though :p DOA is just expensive plus DLC costumes. Tons of cash to be spent there.

I say wait for DOA5U+ then.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Tearaway
DOA5+
Spelunky
Guacamelee
Katamari

If you are not a big fan of katamari then don't consider it(it's good, but it's not for everyone), all the other are good.

Atelier games are usual jrpgs with fights, quests, exploration etc except that:
-there's no world to save
-there's alchemy
-there's limited time. Traveling, gathering ingredients and doing alchemy take time, so you need to manage quests, travels, ingredients and alchemy in order to not waste your time.
-multiple endings, each party character has it's own story that lead to its own ending.

Imo people should try at least one atelier game.

Acid08

Banned
If you are not a big fan of katamari then don't consider it(it's good, but it's not for everyone), all the other are good.

Atelier games are usual jrpgs with fights, quests, exploration etc except that:
-there's no world to save
-there's alchemy
-there's limited time. Traveling, gathering ingredients and doing alchemy take time, so you need to manage quests, travels, ingredients and alchemy in order to not waste your time.
-multiple endings, each party character has it's own story that lead to its own ending.

Imo people should try at least one atelier game.
That sounds really interesting, definitely excited to check Atelier out.

And I love me some Katamari! And I've only played the original and We Love Katamari so it has been a while since I've played one.

Fake edit: Actually, not true, I played the iOS game, it was bad.

swnny

Can someone explain to me how this trick about switching PSN accounts by changing memory cards works? If it's still possible.
I have an 4GB Vita card, which I want to use for some of the PSP games I have on my US account, but do I have to restore the system every time I change cards? Any tips, tricks are welcome.

test_account

XP-39C²
Does anyone want a 14-day trial for PS+? This code only works for those who havnt had PS+ before (i've already tried to activate it on my PS+ account, but it wont work).

I finally started playing Soul Sacrifice the other day, since a friend of mine got a Vita and got it free off PS+.

I've had it since day 1 and never played it, because I'm ridiculous. It's really pretty cool.

Steel

Banned

Tearaway
DOA5+
Spelunky
Guacamelee
Katamari

Atelier series is cutesy, the atmosphere is relaxed and the tone of the plot is pretty muted. It's fun in a sense if you're willing to look past the silliness of it. Not my favorite rpg by far(like miles) but it certainly suffices as a time killer.

To sum it up: it's a great rpg if you like the content. If you don't and are open minded it's fine. If you're not open minded about this kind of thing I wouldn't bother.

Saphirax

Somewhere down the line I'm going to get Valhalla Knights 3......and probably regret it....

No idea why I'm so tempted to buy it.

Adzin

Neo Member
I've ordered my first Vita, the Tearaway bundle with LBP + 16gig card! I'm so excited :D

Looking forward to playing Tearaway, and catching up on all the past Vita games and PSN games, as well as signing up to PSN+. I also plan on getting a PS4 early next year so I'll be all set for Remote Play. Good times. Should arrive some time next week.

co1onel

Atelier series is cutesy, the atmosphere is relaxed and the tone of the plot is pretty muted. It's fun in a sense if you're willing to look past the silliness of it. Not my favorite rpg by far(like miles) but it certainly suffices as a time killer.

To sum it up: it's a great rpg if you like the content. If you don't and are open minded it's fine. If you're not open minded about this kind of thing I wouldn't bother.
Can the voices be turned off in the settings? I watched a video of it at some point and remember wanting to pull my hair out whenever they talked. I still want to try one out at some point because the way people describe it it almost sounds like harvest moon in a way.

I've ordered my first Vita, the Tearaway bundle with LBP + 16gig card! I'm so excited :D

Looking forward to playing Tearaway, and catching up on all the past Vita games and PSN games, as well as signing up to PSN+. I also plan on getting a PS4 early next year so I'll be all set for Remote Play. Good times. Should arrive some time next week.

Welcome! Tearaway is amazing, so you should be excited :)

Saphirax

At least wait for the Gold version. You don't want to double dip on a game you would probably regret.

Any indication it will be released in the West?

Now that you mentioned it, I remember reading about the Gold version but it completely slipped my mind because back then a localization wasn't announced.

killatopak

Gold Member
Any indication it will be released in the West?

Now that you mentioned it, I remember reading about the Gold version but it completely slipped my mind because back then a localization wasn't announced.

Xseed typically localize VK even the updated versions. Worst case it'll only be available on the PSN.

a916

Has anyone sent a Vita into Sony to get fixed? How is the process? Time wise and how much do they make you pay... mine's past the 1 year warranty.....

Tried remote play and regardless if I reboot the Vita and have nothing touch the rear touch and go into remote play, the top half of the rear panel is registering touches.

Rezae

Went to Gamestop to pick up Kingdom Hearts 1.5HD and Tales of Xillia ($35 total) and casual threw out the question if they had a copy of Ys Celceta Silver Edition. Worker went into the back and came back with one. Score!

He then added "good thing you got here when you did, we were about to gut it." Couldn't believe it. I asked why the hell you'd gut the last copy of a collectors edition, and he said its policy to have at least one box on display. Oh Gamestop...

Gotta finish the last hour or so of Ys 7 before graduating up to Celceta.

Top Bottom