• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I'm pretty sure there is a mount on it where you can place it on your TV but a wall mount is not included.

AFAIK, you cannot put it on a TV without an additional mount. That mount I linked exists specifically for that purpose. I never owned the first Kinect, but I think the situation was the same there.

danwarb

Gameinformer review says DR3 ran with never a hiccup. Gamespot complains of slowdown. Edge say a patch fixed it. I hope they're right.

Riky

$MSFT
Edge reviews of Dead Rising and Killer Instinct have put my mind at ease, Friday can't come soon enough now.

Kacho

Solid reviews for the most part. Happy to hear the games I was most interested in are great, other than Crimson Dragon. That's the only shocker to me.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Here we go. Feel free to quote and update with new reviews.

E1Sc4Os.jpg

Dead Rising 3
DigitalSpy – 4/5
Eurogamer – 7/10
Gamespot – 7/10
Joystiq – 3.5/5
CVG – 7/10
Polygon – 7.5/10
GameInformer – 8.75/10
Videogamer – 8/10
Destructoid – 9/10
Kotaku – Yes
Shacknews – 6/10

Killer Instinct
Joystiq – 3/5
IGN – 8.4
Shacknews – 7/10
Edge – 7/10
Eurogamer.de – 7/10

Zoo Tycoon
Polygon – 8/10
OXM – 7/10
Shacknews – 7/10
Videogamer – 5/10

Crimson Dragon
OXM – 6/10
Destructoid – 8/10
GameInformer – 6/10
IGN – 5.9/10

Lococycle
Edge – 2/10
IGN – 6.4/10
Joystiq – 1.5/5
GameInformer – 7/10
Videogamer – 5/10
Eurogamer – 4/10
OXM – 7/10
Destructoid – 7/10

ekim

AFAIK, you cannot put it on a TV without an additional mount. That mount I linked exists specifically for that purpose. I never owned the first Kinect, but I think the situation was the same there.

You sure about that? I've seen a lot of official MS videos where it sits on the TV without any additional mount... :eek:

You are about 2 days to late bud. I'm getting forza retail bundled with the console so I have an extra code from the day 1 edition. Ill drop you a PM if the guy I planned to trade with drops out

If by a chance I get the Forza instead of the FIFA bundle I'll do a swap since I was buying Forza anyway on disc.

Thanks guys - hope one of them drops out! Football bores me to tears!

To be fair, I'm not that big a fan of racing games either, but the missus wants it, so you'd be doing me a favour!

Good showing so far. Will be getting DR3, KI, Zoo Tycoon for definite and will take a punt on CD (I want to see it built specifically for the X1) and Powerstar Golf at some point later.

danwarb

The complaint in KI reviews seems to be lack of content and story mode. Still scoring well, and those things are coming.

Game must be awesome.

FrankT

What day for the multiplats?

And I'm not sure where IGNs DR3 review went. They posted a link twitter which was dead and then removed the tweet.

These reviews making me happy I kept my preorder. I'm having fun with killzone and knack despite tepid reviews so in sure I'll have a good time with these X1 games

Top Bottom