• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

AmyS

Best of luck to all those with Xbox One on the way, and also to those who will try to get a console who didn't preorder.

Nice welcome back on the hype train! ;)

xboxmusic6wews.gif

hahahaha

Ubersnug

I hope so. My wife sleeps in the next room and having the ability to plug regular headphones into my ps4 controller for system/game audio is awesome.

I think the big caveat is that you will have to wait till the headset adapters come out around February time thanks to the propriety port the XOne controller uses.

magundah14

Neo Member
You guys probably know more about Xbone games than I do, so please explain to me what is so innovative about Titanfall?

(not trolling)

Gumbie

I think the big caveat is that you will have to wait till the headset adapters come out around February time thanks to the propriety port the XOne controller uses.

Got cha. Will I at least be able to use the headset that's included for audio?

frayne182

Banned
I'm using XP510's right now on the 360 and will continue to on the X1. I know the mic part won't work until an adapter is ready, but I know the sound part will. And apparently I can talk using the Kinect, but will wait and see how good that is.

I love the Turtle Beach XP510's, just so let down at lack of adapter until next year.

Is anyone interested in swapping a FIFA download code for a Forza one? UK here.

(I hate football)

You are about 2 days to late bud. I'm getting forza retail bundled with the console so I have an extra code from the day 1 edition. Ill drop you a PM if the guy I planned to trade with drops out

Quick question about things that don't get mention often. About the Cloud gaming and Dedicated servers, did both things died with the 180s?

hwy_61

Banned
If you guys are looking for a cheap Headset solution, I highly recommend these:

I have them plugged directly into the audio out on the TV, and they work great for when the wife's asleep.

And the best thing of all is that they work for everything on your TV, since you've got them hooked up to the audio out.

Quick question about things that don't get mention often. About the Cloud gaming and Dedicated servers, did both things died with the 180s?

No. Dedicated servers can be used but it's up to the developers. Cloud processing is still in, Forza 5 is using it for its AI and Titanfall will be using it for AI and physics from what I've read.

Thread title is brilliant.

And I really wonder how KI will do today. I played the crap out of the SNES version, kinda want to play the new one.

shandy706

Getting so close guys...so close. I have a massively busy weekend.

X1 launch on Friday....can't play it too late though due to taking my daughter to the Clemson game on Saturday, then hopefully a full day of play on Sunday.

I'm glad that's a noon football game...I didn't even think about the fact that it was the Saturday of the launch! It's alright though, love that daddy daughter time.

Thanks, I'm very excited for Cloud gaming but I couldn't even entertaining the idea without being called a shill, so I pretty much forgot about it until right now.

If you guys are looking for a cheap Headset solution, I highly recommend these:

I have them plugged directly into the audio out on the TV, and they work great for when the wife's asleep.

And the best thing of all, is that they work for everything on your TV, since you've got them hooked up to the audio out.

I have the PX22's and they're great at night time when my partner is asleep.

danwarb

I won't out-and-out refute the insider leaks. I think most of them had inklings of truth to them. But what matters in the end is that the Xbox team seems to have overcome those obstacles in time for launch. So really they just caused a lot of panic over nothing.

yield issues - possibly true, but nowhere near Xbox 360 levels
snap crashes - seems to work great now
wide-sweeping XBL issues - ???
family sharing limited to 60 minute demos - we'll likely never know
downclock - false
first party development way behind - Rare and Black Tusk hit with delays, but still a shitload of games

Wide-sweeping XBL issue, but PSN was supposed to be fine. The family sharing one was a misunderstanding, deliberate or not. The 24hr check was a 1hr check for family sharing/playing on a different XBone. In other words you (the person playing the shared copy) had to be online so they knew you were only sharing each game with one other person at a time.

I won't out-and-out refute the insider leaks. I think most of them had inklings of truth to them. But what matters in the end is that the Xbox team seems to have overcome those obstacles in time for launch. So really they just caused a lot of panic over nothing.

yield issues - possibly true, but nowhere near Xbox 360 levels
snap crashes - seems to work great now
wide-sweeping XBL issues - ???
family sharing limited to 60 minute demos - we'll likely never know
downclock - false
first party development way behind - Rare and Black Tusk hit with delays, but still a shitload of games

Phil Spencer (or Marc/Yusuf) confirmed on twitter that family sharing was not time limited or crippled in any way, it was as you'd expect it to work and you'd get all the DLC too.

Seanbob11

Has it been said how much the digital version will charge compared to retail? I don't know whether to pre-order BF4 or just wait and download it.

Top Bottom