• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX 2013: Teases, rumours, and ads. [Up: Dying Light, Broken Age, Hammond Robotics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cincaid

I really wonder what game impressed Brad Shoemaker so much. During Unprofessional Fridays Jeff mentioned it as well, but that they couldn't talk about it until next week.

HeelPower

Yeah, serious question - I know nothing about this series. So, is it like an adventure game where you battle villains outside and inside buildings? Does it have a story too?

Its an RPG focused heavily on its dialogue trees and story.Gameplay is action somewhat like souls series but there is minimal puzzle or item usage like Zelda.

Item gathering , upgrading equipment, potion making and completing quests that usually give you choice are what the witcher is about.

Jacob4815

No Order? Terrible news... what are you doing Sony? Where are your games?
So probably this year I won't see the VGX.

I wanted to see three things: Uncharted, the new Rocksteady game, Order ... the last is now removed from the list, and the other two are not confirmed...

I hope for a Tomb Raider 2 teaser too.. I don't care about the next-gen port of the first TR..

AHA-Lambda

Apparenlty this ad for the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition shows up on the Spike VGX site (someone posted it on a TR fan forum):

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CICAgMCu2PWdRBCsAhj6ATIIHMKS13J_m4c

So I guess that erases even the last doubts some might have had about there being a Definitive Edition trailer at the VGX.

EDIT: I've got an ad-blocker on so I can't check. Could anyone confirm that this is not a hoax?

tv-addiction-emma-stone-meh-gif.gif

Its an RPG focused heavily on its dialogue trees and story.Gameplay is action somewhat like souls series but there is minimal puzzle or item usage like Zelda.

Item gathering , upgrading equipment, potion making and completing quests that usually give you choice are what the witcher is about.

Thanks! All of this sounds really, really good.

Seda

Apparenlty this ad for the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition shows up on the Spike VGX site (someone posted it on a TR fan forum):

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CICAgMCu2PWdRBCsAhj6ATIIHMKS13J_m4c

So I guess that erases even the last doubts some might have had about there being a Definitive Edition trailer at the VGX.

EDIT: I've got an ad-blocker on so I can't check. Could anyone confirm that this is not a hoax?

Actually I do see that ad.

itcbPs9fOyiad.gif

jwtsonga

I hope for a Tomb Raider 2 teaser too.. I don't care about the next-gen port of the first TR..

It's far too early for TR 2. Maybe at next year's event... And I agree that next gen TR is kind of pointless, most people are already over it. Next gen GTA V seems more important to me.

Seems legit. January 28 launch for PS4 and Xbox One.

Available only on Playstation and Xbox? What?

Harlequin

Available only on Playstation and Xbox? What?

Well, it's probably just going to have features that the PC release already had in its original form (higher res textures, TressFX, tesselation and so on). So releasing the Definitve Edition on PC wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

The_Monk

I'm sorry if already answered but is this going to be the main thread or fellow GAFfer shinobi (or anyone else) will be making one later on?

Either way, count me in my good people!

Racer1977

If Sony don't have major reveals, it's time to hit the panic button (IMO), they've shown so, so little - first party output looks barren after Infamous SS.

My patience is wearing a little thin, I was hugely pissed GT6 didn't launch on PS4, even more so when Driveclub was a no show. The fact we still don't have a release date, in addition to so few videos/details, makes me worry it could still be some way out.

Of course, all these worries could be for nothing, but even the most patient Sony fan firmly believed we'd get some major reveals after E3, culminating at VGX. If we head into '14 no more the wiser about Sony's PS4 output than at E3 (other than the Uncharted teaser), I'm going to be taking a much closer look at Microsoft's offerings.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Can't believe this is finally happening tonight!!! The wait has been too long. So much hype.

Ugh. That next-gen version of TR is such a waste of time for me. Still crossing my fingers for a Sony surprise.

No it isn't. Check out what the game looks like on PC. World's apart. For people like me who don't have gaming PCs it will be interesting to see first hand how much difference higher specs can make to a game.

If Sony don't have major reveals, it's time to hit the panic button (IMO), they've shown so, so little - first party output looks barren after Infamous SS.

My patience is wearing a little thin, I was hugely pissed GT6 didn't launch on PS4, even more so when Driveclub was a no show. The fact we still don't have a release date, in addition to so few videos/details, makes me worry it could still be some way out.

Of course, all these worries could be for nothing, but even the most patient Sony fan firmly believed we'd get some major reveals after E3, culminating at VGX. If we head into '14 no more the wiser about Sony's PS4 output than at E3 (other than the Uncharted teaser), I'm going to be taking a much closer look at Microsoft's offerings.

How much more does Microsoft have that Sony doesn't?

kudoboi

yeah in like "well we did not win the goty, that goes to the last of us. but we will try once more next year. gta v power edition on ps4 and xbox one this fall"

and then PC release 2015?

No it isn't. Check out what the game looks like on PC. World's apart. For people like me who don't have gaming PCs it will be interesting to see first hand how much difference higher specs can make to a game.

there is a tressFX comparison video too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvHq4JIcneY

Seda

I'm sorry if already answered but is this going to be the main thread or fellow GAFfer shinobi (or anyone else) will be making one later on?

Either way, count me in my good people!

Shinobi will have one up later today. Here's a countdown clock until the event for now.

t1386457200z1.png

Although Thief is showing just before the proper start time I guess.

iMax

The press release says the show is being streamed on Xbox One and PS4 but I can't work out how yet. Can't find any Spike/GameTrailers apps. Also, surprised Hitman won't be showing. Wasn't there supposed to be a next-gen port of Absolution next year?

jamztio

Neo Member
Sigh... unfortunately the HD TR doesn't do anything for me. Don't want to grind my way to platinum again. I still really hopeful for Sony surprising us.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Sigh... unfortunately the HD TR doesn't do anything for me. Don't want to grind my way to platinum again. I still really hopeful for Sony surprising us.

In my case I just stormed through the story and didn't go back to it, so I wouldn't mind going through it again, particularly if there will be barren release spells.

Also I remember watching GiantBomb play it on PC and it was far, far better than what my PS3 was doing, so it will be interesting to have a direct reference to compare next-gen/last-gen with something I've already played.

m23

I haven't played Tomb Raider yet, so if it launches for $40 or so I'll probably pick up the definitive version.

KOHIPEET

I really wonder what game impressed Brad Shoemaker so much. During Unprofessional Fridays Jeff mentioned it as well, but that they couldn't talk about it until next week.

Hmm, so it's an indie game's debut/reveal. What could it be?

"I am guessing it's CliffyB's game."

"it's not, it's from a small studio that's shipped a couple games already"

Indie studio that shipped a couple titles already. Help me to narrow this down GAF!

Hmm, so it's an indie game's debut/reveal. What could it be?

"I am guessing it's CliffyB's game."

"it's not, it's from a small studio that's shipped a couple games already"

Indie studio that shipped a couple titles already. Help me to narrow this down GAF!

Hello Games was the conclusion from another thread.

KAL2006

Banned
I'm all for a next gen Tomb Raider port, because I haven't played it yet, in fact I haven't played a lot of games of 2013 in hopes for next-gen versions.

Jarlaxle

It's far too early for TR 2. Maybe at next year's event... And I agree that next gen TR is kind of pointless, most people are already over it. Next gen GTA V seems more important to me.
I've been interested in it but never got around to it. I'm pretty excited about the next gen version now and I know I'm not the only one.

Anyone else feel it's unfair to the games which are nominated being overshadowed by previews for future titles? It's the same cannibalistic "trade in your week old games for new games NOW!" in media form lol. I think adspace should just be for new and upcoming games instead of your typical mountain dewrito, axe and gap commercials so the show isn't swallowed up by these previews where smaller devs are forced off stage during their speeches for time (or simply announced in passing without any fanfare).

I didn't and am looking forward to seeing it. So not useless for me.

Why didn't you buy it if you seem actually interested in it may I ask? I got a deal on PSN I think, and feel it was a rather middling TPS. Some potential, which a sequel could exploit. GTAV or LoS2 next gen versions would interest me, this is about as interesting as a baked potato and ketchup...

Jigolo

I have a feeling that Tomb Raider game will just be a port with all the DLC included. No graphical upgrades included. Similar to Injustice

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I have a feeling that Tomb Raider game will just be a port with all the DLC included. No graphical upgrades included. Similar to Injustice
Of course it'll have some upgrades, higher resolution specifically. Now the hair stuff is a maybe.. Unless they CODE IT TO THE METAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom