• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One sells (to customers) 2 Million Units in 18 Days

Interfectum

Some solid numbers coming out of the global Xbox One launch last month:

2 Million Consoles sold through in 13-markets in the first 18-days
Over 83 million hours in games, TV, and apps on Xbox One since the system launched
39 million Xbox One achievements unlocked
595 million total Gamerscore achieved on Xbox One
At peak demand, customers were ordering the Xbox One console at over 1000 units per minute on Amazon.com

http://majornelson.com/2013/12/11/xbox-one-sells-2-million-units-in-18-days/

Since its launch 18 days ago, Xbox One is proving to be the must-have gift this holiday season with more than 2 million consoles sold through to consumers worldwide, averaging over 111,111 units sold per day – a record-setting pace for Xbox. Millions of fans around the world who have purchased Xbox One have shown incredible engagement with the all-in-one games and entertainment system, spending over 83 million hours in games, TV, and apps on Xbox One since the system launched on Nov. 22.

“We continue to be humbled and overwhelmed by the positive response from our fans. We are thrilled to see sales of Xbox One on a record-setting pace, with over 2 million Xbox One consoles in homes around the world. Demand is exceeding supply in our 13 launch markets and Xbox One is sold out at most retailers. We’re also particularly excited to see consumers engaging in a wide range of games and entertainment experiences on the platform, with more than 1 million paid transactions* on Xbox Live to date,” said Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president of strategy and marketing, Xbox.

Xbox One is also proving to be the most popular online multiplayer community for gamers with over 39 million Xbox One achievements unlocked and 595 million total Gamerscore achieved.

“Demand for next generation gaming continues to be very strong,” said John Love, director of video games at Amazon. “At peak demand, customers were ordering the Xbox One console at over 1000 units per minute on Amazon.com.”

“The Xbox One entertainment system is one of our hottest selling products this holiday season,” said Bob Puzon, senior vice president of Merchandising at GameStop. “GameStop is experiencing high demand from our customers for this innovative console and we are working closely with Microsoft to receive more units to fulfill our customers’ holiday shopping lists.”

“Xbox One is one of the hottest Christmas gifts this holiday season and was a top seller this Black Friday,” said Chris Nagelson, vice president of entertainment for Walmart U.S. “We are refreshing our inventory as fast as we can to ensure customers can give and receive the new console for Christmas.”

The Xbox team is continuing to work hard to meet consumer demand, delivering consoles to retailers as fast as possible this holiday season. To help people find Xbox One, Major Nelson recently shared some tips for consumers this holiday season.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/12/xbox-one-december-announcement

kinggroin

Banned
This is good right? Its well deserved.

Once I found out I could push my ripped media to it, I knew it was console of the forever.

how many days did it take Sony?

14 or whatever it was between the NA and European launches.

This is good right? Its well deserved.

Once I found out I could push my ripped media to it, I knew it was console of the forever.

Yes, it's actually quite good. If I'm not mistaken, it would be the best ever, in fact, if not for the PS4 being able to ship more. Two consoles doing this at the same time is unprecedented.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Well done MS. You're not going to beat Sony but you'll do well enough.

Crackbone

Bodes well for the industry @ large if this type momentum can be sustained.

We just have to get Nintendo on the same page, and we're golden.

Thats great actually

It was out in less countries compared to the ps4 too and both took around the same time to get to 2 million

What happened?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats MS!

Bring some more good games to the table and let's have a feast!

potam

Banned
I wonder, with all these PS4/XB1 sales, how long it will be until most of the developers stop developing for 360/PS3

mcrommert

Banned
Looking at Sony's numbers they announced after 18 days they had 2.1 million...so almost exactly the same after the same period.

Hanmik

a lot more info at the wire..

http://news.xbox.com/2013/12/xbox-one-december-announcement

Since its launch 18 days ago, Xbox One is proving to be the must-have gift this holiday season with more than 2 million consoles sold through to consumers worldwide, averaging over 111,111 units sold per day – a record-setting pace for Xbox. Millions of fans around the world who have purchased Xbox One have shown incredible engagement with the all-in-one games and entertainment system, spending over 83 million hours in games, TV, and apps on Xbox One since the system launched on Nov. 22.

“We continue to be humbled and overwhelmed by the positive response from our fans. We are thrilled to see sales of Xbox One on a record-setting pace, with over 2 million Xbox One consoles in homes around the world. Demand is exceeding supply in our 13 launch markets and Xbox One is sold out at most retailers. We’re also particularly excited to see consumers engaging in a wide range of games and entertainment experiences on the platform, with more than 1 million paid transactions* on Xbox Live to date,” said Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president of strategy and marketing, Xbox.

Xbox One is also proving to be the most popular online multiplayer community for gamers with over 39 million Xbox One achievements unlocked and 595 million total Gamerscore achieved.

“Demand for next generation gaming continues to be very strong,” said John Love, director of video games at Amazon. “At peak demand, customers were ordering the Xbox One console at over 1000 units per minute on Amazon.com.”

“The Xbox One entertainment system is one of our hottest selling products this holiday season,” said Bob Puzon, senior vice president of Merchandising at GameStop. “GameStop is experiencing high demand from our customers for this innovative console and we are working closely with Microsoft to receive more units to fulfill our customers’ holiday shopping lists.”

“Xbox One is one of the hottest Christmas gifts this holiday season and was a top seller this Black Friday,” said Chris Nagelson, vice president of entertainment for Walmart U.S. “We are refreshing our inventory as fast as we can to ensure customers can give and receive the new console for Christmas.”

The Xbox team is continuing to work hard to meet consumer demand, delivering consoles to retailers as fast as possible this holiday season. To help people find Xbox One, Major Nelson recently shared some tips for consumers this holiday season.

chadskin

Thats great actually

It was out in less countries compared to sony too and both took around the same time to get to 2 million

What happened?

Hardcore fans rushing out to buy their system of choice they fought for in forums. Same thing happened to the Wii U. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon.

-MD-

I wonder, with all these PS4/XB1 sales, how long it will be until most of the developers stop developing for 360/PS3

There seems to be quite a few PS3 exclusives in the pipeline for 2014. 360 hasn't seen shit since like 2010 though.

Raide

Great news. Overall Sony has the better momentum but MS are not lagging behind, considering what a terrible E3 they had. All those 180's paid odd in the end. E3 2014 is going to be amazing to see what gets announced!

BRING ON THE GAMES!

Top Bottom