• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One sells (to customers) 2 Million Units in 18 Days

For week two but he never said anything about when they would reach 2 million in total. Part of the stockpiling is happening during production ramp up so by the time they launched the were at full production. You are just reading too much into his statements putting words into his mouth.

He was under the impression that it took MS two months to stock 1 million. It's safe to say he was making shit up. I'm not even reading into it. I'm just telling you what he wrote.

Xanonano

He was very clearly referring to MS's ability to supply 2 million. He even straight up wrote that MS stocked up 2 months worth of supply to hit 1 million, implying not only that it was unlikely to shift 2 million anytime soon, but that you'd be a fool to believe that.

He doesn't know what he's talking about. At all. He's been using his goodwill here to make up nonsense.
So you admit he wasn't wrong, but you decide to read into his comments something that wasn't there so you can say he's wrong anyway. Got it.

KMS

He was under the impression that it took MS two months to stock 1 million. It's safe to say he was making shit up. I'm not even reading into it. I'm just telling you what he wrote.

Except it did take them 2 months to stockpile the first 1 million consoles for launch as they were ramping up production at the time. Now that they are at full production they are doing an amazing job moving the systems through retail channels.

noobie

Banned
He was very clearly referring to MS's ability to supply 2 million. He even straight up wrote that MS stocked up 2 months worth of supply to hit 1 million, implying not only that it was unlikely to shift 2 million anytime soon, but that you'd be a fool to believe that.

He doesn't know what he's talking about. At all. He's been using his goodwill here to make up nonsense.

I think you are wrong.. as the person you quoted mentioned that he gave that statement on 3rd.. and this is the busiest season and i m sure if Sony is air freighting the shipment then MS must be air freighting double the shipment..

So in 8 more days if they managed to hit 500k from 1.5 to 2 million then i dont see how you are proving him wrong..

I think you are wrong.. as the person you quoted mentioned that he gave that statement on 3rd.. and this is the busiest season and i m sure if Sony is air freighting the shipment then MS must be air freighting double the shipment..

So in 8 more days if they managed to hit 500k from 1.5 to 2 million then i dont see how you are proving him wrong..

He wasn't talking about MS's ability to sell 2 million. He was talking about MS's ability to supply 2 million, which he said was impossible so soon. There's no point spinning this. He was very clear about what he meant - MS took 2 months to stock one million units and couldn't stock another million units without delay. Which didn't happen.

He said MS can't ship a million units after the initial million. And what happened? 7 days later, MS announced 2 million units.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
What kind of BS is this? You may be right, but the Playstation 4 didn't sell 2+ million 9 days sooner than the Xbox One. The PS4 released a week prior to the XB1, so it's 17 days for the PS4 and 19 days for the XB1.
Not being funny but from retail availability 1million US, 1.1m EU thats 2.1million in 1 day of retail in both US&EU technically speaking. :p

beast786

He wasn't talking about MS's ability to sell 2 million. He was talking about MS's ability to supply 2 million, which he said was impossible so soon. There's no point spinning this. He was very clear about what he meant - MS took 2 months to stock one million units and couldn't stock another million units without delay. Which didn't happen.

He said MS can't ship a million units after the initial million. And what happened? 7 days later, MS announced 2 million units.

Lol, what the hell you are talking about?

He already said they were 1.5m. how in the world that number is off 9 days latter with 2 m?

unless he predicted that MS will supply o consoles when he said 1.5 on 12/3. how can you say he was wrong. Seriously wtf?

sensi97

You should re-read the quote he was replying to and the date (12-03-13):

It is very probably that XO has very similar numbers TBH. 2M is good but the Wii U is the big loser it seems.

Doubtful. 1.3-1.5m is probably where they are right now. They can't ship 1m globally for week one and then ship another million for week two. Week one includes a lot of stockpiles, week two to a much lesser degree. Microsoft don't have the production capacity to match PS4 figures.

You can debate his 1.3-1.5m number, his bias etc but he was right in his discussion with NemesisPrime. MS wasn't at 2M at that date.

Code:
            22 23 24 (3 days)		> 1M
25 26 27 28 29 30 01 (10 days)
02 [b]03[/b] 04 05 06 07 08 (17 days)		
[b]09[/b]                   (18 days)		> 2M

You should re-read the quote he was replying to and the date (12-03-13):

You can debate his 1.3-1.5m number, his bias etc but he was right in his discussion with NemesisPrime. MS wasn't at 2M at that date.

Code:
            22 23 24 (3 days)		> 1M
25 26 27 28 29 30 01 (10 days)
02 [b]03[/b] 04 05 06 07 08 (17 days)		
[b]09[/b]                   (18 days)		> 2M

And you conveniently ignored the post you just quoted:

Microsoft don't have the production capacity to match PS4 figures.

And let's not forget that the 250k PS4s never got to the UK.

I should also point out that I literally only posted 3 of his posts from 2 pages of one very long thread. His other posts leading up the XBO release were just as terrible.

sensi97

And you conveniently ignored the post you just quoted:

And let's not forget that the 250k PS4s never got to the UK.

I should also point out that I literally only posted 3 of his posts from 2 pages of one very long thread. His other posts leading up the XBO release were just as terrible.
All this means is it looks MS are only a week behind in shipment so yeah it's negligible. But in the context of these quotes he wasn't wrong. They weren't at 2M shipped like Sony.

But what is wrong with the 250k PS4 in UK ? That what they sold according to GFK.
Or are you talking about his 2x 10k shipment per days estimates for the next 2 following weeks ?

All this means is it looks MS are only a week behind in shipment so yeah it's negligible. But in the context of these quotes he wasn't wrong. They weren't at 2M shipped like Sony.

lol You obviously don't appreciate the confidence with which he bullshits like I do.

Check this one out:

Yup, they will have a restock on Thursday/Friday to cock-block the Bone, and then a mega restock for BF on Wednesday night next week. After that I expect they will prioritise Europe for a bit then get more stock out for the two weeks leading up to Xmas.

No fucks given. He was completely wrong again. He believes in some kind of Sony supply fairy. His post history is bonkers.

But what is wrong with the 250k PS4 in UK ?

He claimed 250k more PS4s in the next two weeks, which didn't happen. Then he claimed a massive shipment for the 11th of this month which hasn't materialized either.

operon

lol You obviously don't appreciate the confidence with which he bullshits like I do.

Check this one out:

No fucks given. He was completely wrong again. He believes in some kind of Sony supply fairy. His post history is bonkers.

He claimed 250k more PS4s in the next two weeks, which didn't happen. Then he claimed a massive shipment for the 11th of this month which hasn't materialized either.

Glad to see someone call him out on his bullshit. The guy has a raging hardon for sony constantly shitting on ms being it with the xbox one or posting that Nokia should have went android. he's gone a little quite on that one I see

Glad to see someone call him out on his bullshit. The guy has a raging hardon for sony constantly shitting on ms being it with the xbox one or posting that Nokia should have went android. he's gone a little quite on that one I see

The oddest thing is that he uses his position as a financial analyst not only to make predictions on the entertainment division with a self-confidence that borders on delusional, but he also shits up all kinds of political discussions on the OT side with projections that are not grounded in reality. And he always mentions his financial firm to back up his projections, as if that means anything.

operon

The oddest thing is that he uses his position as a financial analyst not only to make predictions on the entertainment division with a self-confidence that borders on delusional, but he also shits up all kinds of political discussions on the OT side with projections that are not grounded in reality. And he always mentions his financial firm to back up his projections, as if that means anything.

I find it out he has such a fanboy for sony, he's in finance, who cares whether a company is good/bad etc as long as their making you cash

Chobel

How do you know all this didn't happen? Massive shipment coming in 11th doesn't mean it will go to sale the same day.

How do know all this didn't happen. Massive shipment coming in 11th doesn't mean it will go to sale the same day.

Around 60K PS4's were sold by Best Buys in the US on December 8th. PS4's were also sold at Targets and Walmarts on that day.

Similar type of selling pattern is happening this Sunday but no idea on numbers

cakefoo

IGN said:
The Xbox One, however, was called the "fastest-selling console," as it launched a week later than Sony's console, and outsold the PS4 on a per-week basis.
Fake numbers to prove silliness:

PS4
Week 1: 1M
Week 2: 0 (supply constrained)
Average: 500K/week

XBO
W1: 501K
Average: 501K/week

Around 60K PS4's were sold by Best Buys in the US on December 8th. PS4's were also sold at Targets and Walmarts on that day.

Similar type of selling pattern is happening this Sunday but no idea on numbers

Not referring to the US. Regardless, that follow up 250k didn't come into the UK.

gtj1092

Not referring to the US. Regardless, that follow up 250k didn't come into the UK.

Don't know how many came in but a bunch did and more than xones second week in the UK. Some store keeps posting Facebook pics of them getting twice as many ps4s as xones and the ps4 still selling quicker.

system11

I went to a local supermarket this afternoon, they were announcing that 10 xbones were in stock so people should act now to get one before Christmas. When this came over the speakers I was standing near a family and the boy said "dad, they said they had 5 xbox ones last time, how did they get more?".

I suspect there are many more than 10. This is a big shop which sees thousands of customers per day. PS4 still sold out.

Top Bottom