• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2013 [Up3: Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, 3DS, Wii U]

Codeblew

That equation is assuming that the Ghosts attach ratio of software to hardware for each platform is the same. Which it may not/probably is not [You're claiming that both the XB1 version and the PS4 version each sold 14.08% of the total userbase in this example]. You can't mathematically assume that.

The point is the math is correct assuming that attach rates are the same. I know you can't assume that but that is all the original guy had to go on when estimating PS4 numbers. I know the attach rate is not the same and is probably even lower on PS4 since it also had KZSF.

I was never arguing that the attach rate was the same, just that the math was correct assuming the attach rate was the same. People were calling out the original poster for bad math.

Road

My head is hurting.

Sony could at least had told us how many units the PS family sold. Where's Pachter? Has he said anything about this NPD yet?

Bsigg12

That's not what I'm doing. There are several numbers in there not next to any title. Either his post is missing information, or he selectively showed titles and broke down the difference between those title sales in their sum against the total PS4 sum. That difference is the random numbers in his post.

I just reread the whole thing. My bad. I see where you went now. That's pretty God damn impressive Anexanhume.

oggob

No, you can't assume a copy of a game equals a system since people buy more than 1 game for their system.

That's not what he is hinting at, creamsugar mentioned that he hinted in the past few hours a possible PS4 figure, this post that it references in one of the only posts that reference hard numbers, creamsugar has carefully chosen the numbers that if you were to sum them you could get an estimated PS4 figure.

Those are meant as separators to show the min/max of sales for the respective games.

But I got nothing either. I don't see any hints, especially from the posts predating Jonsoncao saying that number.

Yes, but he could be selective in what number he chooses for the floor. For instance, don't we know from elsewhere that SM3DW is actually 215K? Seems like stuff may be a little off/selective to get the total right.

Xenon

Teraway will be $20 at Gamestop. If you own a Vita, go buy and make that 14K into a 18K or maybe 20K+

I played the demo. While it had some interesting concepts and graphics, it was very boring to play. I don't think I'd even bother to download it for free on PS+. Ok I probably would, but I doubt I'd ever play it.

Have you tried the demo? I dislike the touch controls but Tearaway is an exception. The game actually works really well with it and it's not tacked on like Uncharted was.

Yes. There's a part where you need to use the analog stick and the back touch at the same time to run on a log. It was extremely frustrating.

I bought one. It is a lovely game.

I don't understand mainstream tastes or even "core" gamer tastes anymore.

Super Mario 3D World
A Link Between Worlds
Tearaway
Wonderful 101

These should have been some of the highest selling games of the year if people actually gave a shit about quality and innovation or anything outside of FPS and sports genres.

I hate consumers some times....most of the time actually.

Why would you even compare the first two with the last two? Zelda and Mario are going to sell just fine. Hell, Zelda is already at +400k.

70k for vita is super dead

220k for wiiu a month after pricecut with a new mario game is very dead

770k for 3ds with zelda, just after new hardware, those $99 deals and pokemon still hot is not good. Not terrible but they've fired pretty much every bullet they can for the system, expect next years yoy figures to be way down.

360 and PS3 dieing alot more than expected.

The next gen launches did great, everything else is not so much

Busaiku

What really concerns me is the ridiculous Pokemon drop.
It had a 90% drop in its 2nd month, despite 2DS being $99 and good buzz for the game.

This is really bad news.

What really concerns me is the ridiculous Pokemon drop.
It had a 90% drop in its 2nd month, despite 2DS being $99 and good buzz for the game.

This is really bad news.

80% drop, it's 450k total this month
....and didn't it not break 2 million first month anyway? so it's more like 75%

emb

Given there's random numbers not ascribed to titles, I assume those are the hints that they're to be added with the rest.

275+220+200+185+100+90+25+20+4= 1114K for PS4?
I think the extra numbers are just to give a better idea of what some of the games sold. Gives a tighter upper or lower bound.

npd3.png

lmao Activision does not give a shit with their yearly releases that rake in far more cash combined than GTA

Losing the status as the "#1 one selling franchise" or "#1 online game" is a huge blow for their marketing. The sales drop is going to be a big question at their next quarterly meeting, unless Skylanders knocks it out of the park. They were wise to invest so much in Destiny, it's clear that CoD isn't going to be genre leader forever.

Daingurse

Don't really feel any sorrow seeing the Wii-U and Mario flounder, being right simply feels too good. With a Dreamcast level console, you gotta just enjoy the games. No more sales, no more suffering. It's over.

shhh_its_okay_by_nightsandsonic-d6vhjkw.png

I think the extra numbers are just to give a better idea of what some of the games sold. Gives a tighter upper or lower bound.

bounds could be chosen arbitrarily to make the sum thing work
if it is correct, holy shit NPD sales encryption has reached a new level
in fact....you could call it next-gen encryption

J-Man

The point is the math is correct assuming that attach rates are the same. I know you can't assume that but that is all the original guy had to go on when estimating PS4 numbers. I know the attach rate is not the same and is probably even lower on PS4 since it also had KZSF.

I was never arguing that the attach rate was the same, just that the math was correct assuming the attach rate was the same. People were calling out the original poster for bad math.

Oh sorry, this thread is going fast! I see, yes, the math is correct with that assumption.

Top Bottom