• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. Brawl 'Spoiler' thread. -- Denial phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Reno, is this the same one that is a playable character?

modea06_070919h-l.jpg

Scalpel Knight said:
I hope you all remember this time, it is a great time to be ignoring your games/sleep/significant other and reading GAF/browsing the interwebs.

Like I said before, these are the moments we live for as gamers, this insanity, crazy speculation and wild rumors and excitement, and forgetting we have lives outside of this place.

I love you guys...

Jiggy37 said:
I'd always assumed that the only veterans not returning would be Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Roy. And we don't see Pichu anywhere, so that's one down. But it turns out Mewtwo's not returning either, so I suppose that means that one out of Dr. Mario and Roy will actually make the cut. And maybe it's just my favoritism speaking, but come on back Doc. Please. :D I always hated regular Mario anyway.

Dr. Mario was already confirmed as an assist, wasn't he?

And it's still plausible that neither Roy nor Marth make the cut too.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
If Reno isn't bullshitting everyone I'm underwhelmed with the rest of the unveiled characters except WW Link. Wolf would be the lamest surprise character ever... worse than Krystal. Never really cared about Mewtwo and like Lucario about the same so whichever of the two are in is pretty moot to me.

Someone needs to take apart all the music and find out who composed what stat! Oh, and it'd be nice to find out if anything at all ended up orchestrated. The music is the main reason I'm buying this game! Though the fleshed out adventure mode sounds neat too. :D

ShockingAlberto said:
So, Reno, is this the same one that is a playable character?

modea06_070919h-l.jpg

*shudders*

And I'm most disappointed by Wolf. I mean, seriously. His move set is going to have to rock for me not to feel slightly cheated
for the period of time before Brawl is released.

Firestorm

jj984jj said:
If Reno isn't bullshitting everyone I'm underwhelmed with the rest of the unveiled characters except WW Link. Wolf would be the lamest surprise character ever... worse than Krystal. Never really cared about Mewtwo and like Lucario about the same so whichever of the two are in is pretty moot to me.

Someone needs to take apart all the music and find out who composed what stat! Oh, and it'd be nice to find out if anything at all ended up orchestrated. The music is the main reason I'm buying this game! Though the fleshed out adventure mode sounds neat too. :D

Every music update had who did the original and who did the remix. Just check the Dojo.

Fenix

Edag Plata said:
Like I said before, these are the moments we live for as gamers, this insanity, crazy speculation and wild rumors and excitement, and forgetting we have lives outside of this place.

I love you guys...

Huuuuuuuugs?

Also, where did that ROB screen come from? Why have I not seen it?

Sciz

The real question is, was the video a mistake or is the leak just yet another part of Sakurai's master plan?

jj984jj

Firestorm said:
Every music update had who did the original and who did the remix. Just check the Dojo.
I said ALL the music, I've heard the music on the website already.

Hey guys, on the ripped version of the video, all the stickers have characters that they can be equipped to, except the last one (the DKC aligator). Why might that be?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Firestorm said:
God. I hate you both.
Both of you. Partners in crime.

I'm starting to think they are one in the same...and also, not telling us anything that would be considered the whole truth.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Holy crap @ R.O.B. if true :O I actually predicted R.O.B. months ago... before he was even shown to be part of the SSE on the Dojo. :D He makes perfect sense if you think about it actually... he's kind of the "Retro/Important Part of Nintendo's Past" equivalent of Game & Watch in Melee

Jiggy

Son of Godzilla said:
Dr. Mario was already confirmed as an assist, wasn't he?

And it's still plausible that neither Roy nor Marth make the cut too.
I've never heard that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Edit: Never mind everything else I had written here. As Raw64life noted, Reno had edited the list but not the number, so my theory goes out the window anyway. :D

Spoilers are really inevitable once this hits Japan. Somebody's going to fuck up and post something in the non-spoiler thread and it's game over. I kind of cared with Melee, but I've decided it's not a big deal to me anymore.

It's fun for that moment or so when you see the character outline in the "WARNING! CHARACTER APPROACHING" Screen, and you're all like "wtf! Who is that!" but it's too much work to block them out.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Would it be better if I didn't say things? Or if I did? What do you guys prefer?

And yea, thats it...

crowphoenix said:
Hey guys, on the ripped version of the video, all the stickers have characters that they can be equipped to, except the last one (the DKC aligator). Why might that be?

Only specific stickers have the property of being usable by certain characters.

Grecco

MarkMan said:
Reno is 100% correct.

So no Animal Crossing Villager

Sakurai breaks my heart.

Its also really bizzare how Smashville is the first stage from a game without an actual character.

MarkMan said:
Would it be better if I didn't say things? Or if I did? What do you guys prefer?

And yea, thats it...

I'm just saying, you must have a lot of faith in your job security to reveal the entire roster two weeks before the game is released.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
crowphoenix said:
Maybe stickers that can be applied to everyone?

jj984jj

I can't believe Sakurai made Wolf playable... he would have sufficed as an AT.

SuperAngelo64 said:
I'd suggest ignoring MarkMan and Reno in this thread.

Just a suggestion though...
Why would you do that now when everyone believed MarkMan before?

dwin45

Are we sure that that's Ness and not the Pokemon Trainer? It shows him when some Pokemon sticker is highlighted and the other Characters appearing with him are all Pokemon (Pikachu, Lucario, and Jigglypuff). So maybe it's just showing what characters can use that sticker and it makes sense that it would be Pokemon Trainer and not Ness.

PkunkFury

MarkMan said:

And yea, thats it...

so ChronoBounds guess earlier was right? :lol

is Falco still a Fox clone?

Fenix

Grecco said:
So no Animal Crossing Villager

Sakurai breaks my heart.

Its also really bizzare how Smashville is the first stage from a game without an actual character.

My math may be pretty bad, but didn't Reno list 15 newcomers with the 18 established returning characters? That puts us at 33 total characters out of the 35 MarkMan has told us... so there is some speculation still? I'll continue to hold out for an AC character.

Linkhero1

dwin45 said:
Are we sure that that's Ness and not the Pokemon Trainer? It shows him when some Pokemon sticker is highlighted and the other Characters appearing with him are all Pokemon (Pikachu, Lucario, and Jigglypuff). So maybe it's just showing what characters can use that sticker and it makes sense that it would be Pokemon Trainer and not Ness.
I think you're right actually. When I first saw it I thought something was wrong with it. Pokemon Trainer it is.

Edit: ness is in another pic though

SuperAngelo64 said:
I'd suggest ignoring MarkMan and Reno in this thread.

Just a suggestion though...

I'm pretty sure this is already dead in the water.

Anyway, I can't wait to give Lucario a spin. I wonder how fast he's going to be.

Rindain

Banned
R.O.B. is a pleasant surprise and makes perfect sense.

I can't help but feel disappointed at the lack of Ridley and a 3rd 3rd-party character, however.

Economan

MarkMan said:

And yea, thats it...

Say as much as you like, but there are repercussions if you are a false prophet. (Mewtwo-subspace boss?)

Firestorm

MarkMan said:

And yea, thats it...

Depends.
better for me? Definitely.
better for school? No.

I'd prefer you kept saying things personally, but I'd still hate you.

Does this make sense? It's complicated!

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
MarkMan said:

And yea, thats it...
You can do whatever you want, but if you want to sound believable then stop flip-flopping. This makes 4 characters you've confirmed today, when originally you claimed you weren't going to reveal anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom