• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. Brawl 'Spoiler' thread. -- Denial phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Economan

One sec, what video were these pictures taken from, because they are not on the complimentary youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2fagvDMExo&eurl=http://destructoid.com/

~4:20 you see this:

ssbm.jpg

Instead of this (as shown by SuperAngelo):

iup542612bd3.jpg

Kusagari

Mewtwo sucked in Melee and he probably would have sucked in Brawl for the exact same reason that Ridley wasn't included. Lucario will probably be top tier so I have no problem with this.

Rindain

Banned
Narag said:
Two links, zelda/sheik, and ganondorf is hardly ignoring it.
Two Links? Was WW Link confirmed?

If that's true, then good. But if random Pokemon like Lucario/Jigglypuff can get into the Smash games, why can't important single-game Zelda characters like Midna/Wolf Link?

And why can't the main villain of the Metroid franchise get in? Samus/ZSS = 1.5 characters as far as I am concerned.

I'm just upset that two of my most wanted characters (Ridley, Midna) seem to be out. I mean, Pokemon Trainer is a gift to Pokemon fans. 3 unique playable movesets in one character. I'm sure Ridley would have been sooooo hard to figure out...

Jiggy

Reno's newcomer list would make me kind of sad only because it would end up meaning that the Nintendo DS symbol had no playable character, Animal Crossing has no playable representation, and ROB was either #19 or #21 with the other one going unused.

Not to argue that he's wrong, though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Economan said:
One sec, what video were these pictures taken from, because they are not on the complimentary youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2fagvDMExo&eurl=http://destructoid.com/

~4:20 you see this:

ssbm.jpg

Instead of this (as shown by SuperAngelo):

iup542612bd3.jpg

Yeah, I noticed this too as one of my buddies had the movie on his harddrive. So an informal leak. The last time this happend Sheik was announced, so I wonder about the Dojo tonight...

Greatness Gone said:
All I gotta say is fuck Lucario up his fucking furry ass. I hope he gets gang-raped by donkey kong and bowser in smash bros. gay furry prison.
Why do you have images of Lucario being violated in your head? Such issues.

On a serious note, I'm pretty sure this type of post ban worthy thanks to 2 particular words in it.

yankeeforever2 said:
SO Lucario is the worst thing to happen to brawl.......we haven't him seen him in action yet, how he plays or how he will even looks like in game! God some of you just need to shut up.

That's not the point. The point is we don't want him taking a spot on the 35 when there are so many other desirable candidates. He can be 36 though.

Fenix

Jiggy37 said:
Reno's newcomer list would make me kind of sad only because it would end up meaning that the Nintendo DS symbol had no playable character, Animal Crossing has no playable representation, and ROB was either #19 or #21 with the other one going unused.

Not to argue that he's wrong, though.

How exactly would you represent the DS though?

If an Animal Crosser doesn't get in, I'll be thoroughly disappointed. We need an AC rep - it warrants it, and simply put, if ACer isn't in, who's going to main Smashville?

EDIT: Whomever doesn't make it in so better be an AT, including Mewtwo and Pichu.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Actually, what really excites me about that one picture, aside from Ness' presence, is that Ness is teamed with Lucas. I can't wait to unleash some psychic carnage on some unsuspecting Subspace Army soldiers.

Now, if only I can have them join with the Kirby trio, then almost all of my favourites will be in one dream team...

My only problem right now is deciding if I'd rather have Ness or Lucas fight the final boss...

Wait, so I won't be able to recreate my epic Pokemon Red/Blue battles with PT and Mewtwo? Wow, what the hell. Can I still hope for Mewtwo to be a boss in SSE?

Jiggy

Fenix said:
How exactly would you represent the DS though?
Well... that's kind of getting away from my point, so I should be clearer: what I'm really wondering is why the Smash team would create so many symbols for series (or DS, or whatever) that didn't have characters. No matter what those series were. Why them? Why don't (for example) Saki and Little Mac have symbols? I mean, they're not playable either, but if a series without a character can have a unique icon, I think some assist trophies could have had them as well...

Economan

Man God said:
Yeah, I noticed this too as one of my buddies had the movie on his harddrive. So an informal leak. The last time this happend Sheik was announced, so I wonder about the Dojo tonight...

Triple character update?

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Economan said:
Wow, Sakurai really is one sneaky son of a gun to update that. But yea, I can't get past 10secs to load in a reasonable time. Can someone take a screenshot and upload it of when the player moves to the Klamper (or whatever it's called from DKC)? That, or just say what corresponding chars are in the bottom right. :)
No specific characters for Klaptrap.

Economan

Firestorm said:
Fuck. ROB? Are you serious?
Come on man, you'll be banned from GAF if you don't edit that!

God why ROB. That doesn't even make sense.

To add some sense, he was in mario kart ds.

PkunkFury

Firestorm said:
More sense than in Brawl where he's pretty much the Goomba of Subspace Emissary.

there's two ROBs, they could use the Star Fox one, or just make a souped up one for the PC

webrunner

Falcon's in (Red Alloy's got the Knee).

Mewtwo being out.. it does look like he is, but it still doesnt make sense to me. Why replace a character with someone with a completely different moveset? Ness still being in to me confirms they wouldn't take Mewtwo out unless they replaced him with a pokemon with the same moves (not a fighting/steel type with Aura Sphere and stuff)

Pichu I can understand.. but Mewtwo being out just strikes me as an odd choice.

Btw, if you're having trouble with the video, click along the loading bar to about half-way through, and wait a bit.. it'll start playing from there after about 20 seconds.

Edit:
Well... that's kind of getting away from my point, so I should be clearer: what I'm really wondering is why the Smash team would create so many symbols for series (or DS, or whatever) that didn't have characters. No matter what those series were. Why them? Why don't (for example) Saki and Little Mac have symbols? I mean, they're not playable either, but if a series without a character can have a unique icon, I think some assist trophies could have had them as well...

Stages have icons now (apparently they show up in the Stage Select screen). The two icons we have without confirmed characters both have stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom