• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. Brawl 'Spoiler' thread. -- Denial phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeed

Banned
A Link to the Snitch said:
2. And yes, it's true, Mewtwo's not necessarily out if this video does not consist of all of the characters.
I highly doubt that these videos would have been shot from a partially-completed save game. They're probably taken straight from the studio, where everything would obviously be available. What's more, reliable leaks stated that Lucario would be replacing Mewtwo before these images came out.

I'm as disappointed as the next man, but anyone clinging to hope that Mewtwo will remain are kidding themselves.

Azuran said:
Why is Lucario contaminating Smash Bros with his presence?
He's the new IT aura Pokemon that's in. Mewtwo is so 2000.
I could careless for both but I understand the need for the Pokemon "upgrade" of sorts. Just like Ike likely replaced Roy.

Since it seems like every series can have no more than 4 characters, and now that things like Lucario are now in the game, I'm guessing Krystal is definitely in.

Economan

OliveJuice said:
So, going by the rumor of 35 characters, we now know:

Returning
Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus/ZSS
Zelda/Sheik
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Ness
Jigglypuff
Falco

Newcomers
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Lucario
Wolf

That makes 26.

Add Wolf and Falco in there and you get 28.

Firestorm

Greatness Gone said:
Since it seems like every series can have no more than 4 characters, and now that things like Lucario are now in the game, I'm guessing Krystal is definitely in.

How does this make sense.

TreIII

Greatness Gone said:

If you believe the rumors...she ain't. Wolfy's the newcomer, and Falco's back with Fox.

Jiggy

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8177109&postcount=29080

So basically I managed to call Ness returning, Sheik returning, Jigglypuff returning, Pichu out, and King Dedede as a newcomer, but I messed up on expecting Mewtwo to come back instead of Lucario.

Decent, decent. I'm satisfied with this.

Let's just pretend I never later made a followup post in which, despite adding Olimar, I in every other way murdered any prediction skills I could have laid claim to.

MrCheez said:
Hmmm I thought I remembered reading that he had psychic properties too? My real question is... what are the chances he'd inherit Mewtwo's moveset? Would that make sense or is it unlikely?
RPG Lucario can be a strong physical attacker or a strong special attacker, and has one of the largest movepools in the Pokemon games. I could see him inheriting some of Mewtwo's moves, like Shadow Ball (though Aura Sphere would probably look mostly the same anyway) or Shadow Claw (an interesting addition since that move didn't even exist when Melee was made--and wouldn't until 2006--yet Sakurai pretty much nailed it), but not all.

Fireblend

Banned
Greatness Gone said:
Your logic makes my brain bleed.

Azuran

Banned
VeritasVierge said:
He's the new IT aura Pokemon that's in. Mewtwo is so 2000.
I could careless for both but I understand the need for the Pokemon "upgrade" of sorts. Just like Ike likely replaced Roy.

Lucario is nothing more than a fad pokemon. People won't give a damn about him in a few years. (Well, I guess since he's in SSBB, this won't happen now)

I miss Mewtwo already =(

Economan

MisterHero said:
Grrr Blaziken is better than Lucario

Fighting = Fighting
Fire > Steel
Fighting > Steel

So he's a fighting/steel type pokemon? I hope he at least gets a cool voice actor like the one that Mewtwo got. One of the few things redeemable about mewtwo in SSBM.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Azuran said:
Lucario is nothing more than a fad pokemon. People won't give a damn about him in a few years. (Well, I guess since he's in SSBB, this won't happen now)

I miss Mewtwo already =(
People don't care about Mewtwo any more.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Hey kids, NO SPECULATION IN HERE

20i6ou0.gif

OTHERWISE WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS

TreIII

Azuran said:

I miss Mewtwo already =(

So much hater-ade...

And any way, I wouldn't see Lucario going any where, any way. Like it or lump it, he's basically THE face of the D/P generation. Arguably moreso than Dialgia and Palkia, depending on who you ask in Japan.

PkunkFury

Here's the leak list info from the other thread:

This is an interesting roster prediction on Smash Boards posted by ChronoBound. It combines some of the most likely leaks and fits both of MarkMan's comments: that almost all characters are returning and that the roster is 35:

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=306

Originally Posted by ChronoBound:
Again here is the 35 character roster if NyaseNya, ChaosZero, Serebii, and ShadowXOR are to believed:

1. Mario
2. Luigi (mentioned by no one, but would they really cut him)
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf (returning according to ChaosZero)
10. Toon Link (playable according to NyaseNya)
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco (returning according to ChaosZero, MarkMan)
18. Wolf (playable according to ChaosZero, MarkMan)
19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer
22. Lucario (playable according to ChaosZero and implied by Serebii)
23. Ike
25. Lucas
26. Ness (returning according to NyaseNya, ChaosZero, and ShadowXOR)
27. Wario
28. Pikmin & Olimar
29. Captain Falcon (returning according to ChaosZero and ShadowXOR)
30. Ice Climbers
31. Pit
32. Mr. Game & Watch (returning according to NyaseNya)
34. Snake
35. Sonic

21. Jigglypuff (implied by Serebii)

24. Marth (returning according to ShadowXOR)
33. R.O.B. (playable according to ShadowXOR)

For reference on where these leaks come from:

ChaosZero is the guy who predicted exactly what the Dragoon item did about a month before it was revealed. He mentioned 4 or 5 characters alongside it, as you can see above

NyaseNya predicted the day Sonic would be revealed on the Dojo four days before it happened, along with the fact that a video would be posted. She also predicted that Olimar would be playable with a "whip-like" move that uses pikmin. She also predicted that the American game would be delayed past Feb 10 and that the roster would only be 35 characters in early November. NyaseNya also revealed a number of characters, but her post was edited out by the mods. The only characters people are aware of are listed above, because they were discussed in the thread after her post.

Serebii runs Serebii.net, a major Pokemon site. He hasn't revealed anything, but he implied Lucario and Jiggly Puff would be in, while MewTwo would be out. I'm moving Jiggly Puff down to the bottom of the list, since Serebii hasn't provided anything solid yet, but it's pretty safe to say Jiggly wont be cut

ShadowXOR has no credentials, aside form the fact that he leaked stuff in a believable way. He basically named four characters and said he didn't know any more. Since he's the only one suggesting Marth and R.O.B. are playable, they should be taken with a grain of salt. I've moved them to the bottom of the list.

It's notable that the only Melee vets missing from this list are MewTwo, Roy, Doc, and Pichu

Azuran said:

I miss Mewtwo already =(

Funny, I thought the exact same thing about Mewtwo when he came into Melee. :\ I don't think your average Pokemon fan even still care about Mewtwo other than his devoted Smash fans.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Greatness Gone said:
LATE DEVELOPMENT CHANGE CONFIRMED PIKACHU OUT AND REPLACED BY PICHU BECAUSE NOBODY CARES ABOUT STUPID FUCKING ASH'S FUCKING PIKA PIKA BITCH ANYMORE
dude calm down

it's okay to be wrong

MisterHero

VeritasVierge said:
Funny, I thought the exact same thing about Mewtwo when he came into Melee. :\ I don't think your average Pokemon fan even still care about Mewtwo other than his devoted Smash fans.

Except that Mewtwo is notable for being one of the most powerful pokemon?

Isn't that still true?

Rindain

Banned
Narag said:
Reno is backing him up for one thing.
Hmm, I see...

I refuse to believe Sakurai would put a million playable Pokemon in the game (and at least 3 Star Fox reps) but refuse to make Ridley playable, however.

That would boggle my mind.

Firestorm

VeritasVierge said:

They do.

Mewtwo has:
- nostalgia
- awesome
- first uber Pokemon
- still kicks ass in uber battles

Lucario I think of more as the 4th gen Heracross. Good in battles, good design, and was also featured in the anime.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
BTW guys, that video with the sticker page also 'deconfirms' any additional Sonic or Kirby characters. (Assuming that the "exclusive to certain characters" stickers always cover any entire franchise)

This would mean Mewtwo is out as well (as we've been discussing) and no Claus (from MOTHER) either!

PkunkFury

Rindain said:
Hmm, I see...

I refuse to believe Sakurai would put a million playable Pokemon in the game (and at least 3 Star Fox reps) but refuse to make Ridley playable, however.

we have a second playable Metroid character. It's Samus with her suit off. They must've decided Ridley didn't fit

Firestorm

Rindain said:
Hmm, I see...

6 = million? Hell, 3 of that six are just one character.

Rindain said:
Hmm, I see...

...it is the exact same number of Pokemon characters as the last game. Exact.

OgnodoD

Rindain said:
Hmm, I see...

Lucario and Jiggly come from analysis of the video though. They're in.

*sigh*

These Smash threads are getting out of control. Honestly, why can't this just stay in the official one? Spoiler tags are there for a reason.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
MisterHero said:
Except that Mewtwo is notable for being one of the most powerful pokemon?

Isn't that still true?
Yeah, but nobody cares anymore since he's not really in the games as a wild Pokemon.

OgnodoD

BrandNew said:
*sigh*

These Smash threads are getting out of control. Honestly, why can't this just stay in the official one? Spoiler tags are there for a reason.

The "official one" is for dojo updates only. This one was created, with permission from sp0rsk, for spoilers (not rumors) from other sources.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Don't get this locked guys, no speculation. We are to talk about the confirmed spoilers, which right now means the confirmation of Ness, Lucario and Jigglypuff. The removal of Mewtwo probably qualifies too since it's very, very likely based on that screenshot.

TJ Spyke

VeritasVierge said:

Mewtwo had been popular for over 3 years by the time SSBM came out. I didn't even know about this so called popularity of Lucario. I'm not a fan of Lucario anyways. I don't use him in Pokemon Diamond, and the movie that starred him (Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew) wasn't that good.

Narag

BrandNew said:
*sigh*

There isn't an official one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom