• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Destroy All Humans!

19.jpg

Release: 03-03-08

[bullshit removed]

wtf is this shit? its one thing to put below average waggle ports on a system, it's another to release ridiculously oversized captures full of jaggies. gimme a real resolution and i might put them back up.

I'm getting so pumped for Dragon Quest: Swords. FF:CC looks great, especially for a Wii Ware title.

This is an awesome thread. Thanks for all the great screenshots Panther.

ivysaur12

Banned
I want Fragile soooo badly.

And Blast Works looks good too. So does Monster Lab.

But the Wii doesn't have any good 3rd party games.

PolyGone

Banned
<3 FF:CC and Fragile

even Monster Lab looks good (graphically) - has nice art direction (though I can't say I'm interested from a gameplay pov). I wish it had those graphics but was a platformer like Crash or something

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. worthy update my friend!
2. nice bg's (prerendered?)
3. is it possible to tell horrible character animation from a stillshot? 'cause thats what it looks like from here.

But, I LOVE the point-n-click revival that I'm seeing.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Yea, prerendered backgrounds and animation is pretty stiff just like most other point-n-click adventures. This came out on PC a while ago, I'm sure there are gameplay videos out there if you're that curious.

MidiSurf

Banned
PantherLotus you have my eternal love, big thanks for the huge picture blow out.

Agatha Christie, Monster Lab and Blast Works: Build, Fuse & Destroy were all new to me and they all look good enough to buy.

EDIT: Secret Files: Tunguska <-- I will get that for my pc.

wow some of these games look great! 2008 looks to be a great year! DQS, Baroque, FF....i'm finally going to get my RPG itch scratched this year!!!!

Arde5643

From this thread, games I'm currently looking out for:

FFCC: WiiWare

Fragile - OMG OMG OMG

Fatal Frame IV - OMG OMG OMG - course, I'll probably just play this with lights on and during the day. I'm chicken like that.

Monster Lab - WOO! That looks sweet and sick!

Secret Files : Tunguska - I'm a P&C maniac, sue me

PES 2008 - holy shit that control looks slick - probably the first PES I'll buy.

Mmm...weird I dont' see any 1st party title in here. And I thought I buy Wii only for Nintendo stuffs.
In conclusion, these stuffs must be secretly be developed in conjunction with Nintendo, since nobody buys Wii for 3rd party stuffs.

Stitch

Gold Member
ninja reflex is one of the best looking wii games oO :D i read that there are only 6 mini-games in there. that would really suck.

Arde5643

Stitch said:
ninja reflex is one of the best looking wii games oO :D i read that there are only 6 mini-games in there. that would really suck.

It does look quite good - so I'm very surprised that EA is not putting in more games there.

Stitch said:
the final product won't exactly look like that...the Wii can't run in the resolutions those screens are in.

Top Bottom