• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Ponn

Banned
Classic spaceship looks awesome. Even thought the LoTR Pirate Ship got a bit of a "meh" from me it did spark an interest in Lego ships for me in general so very interested in that pirate ship. If anything else i'd like to do a good airship moc with a nice ship set.

So looks like my first Lego S@H order for the new year will be the two animal creator sets and the Baxter Robot that's on sale. Damn GS seems to have gotten some mandibles in me with the two sets I have so i'm considering the Swarm Interceptor now and maybe, maybe, Galactic Titan if its still on sale when I get paid.

crap, I forgot about the mars rover on jan 1st. I may have to hold off on one of the animal sets. I think by virtue of my avatar I have to get the kitty one.

Bah. Can't seem to find Unexpected Gathering anywhere except online for more then it should be. :(

It's sold out on s@h but it hasn't been discontinued yet, has it?

Classic spaceship looks awesome. Even thought the LoTR Pirate Ship got a bit of a "meh" from me it did spark an interest in Lego ships for me in general so very interested in that pirate ship. If anything else i'd like to do a good airship moc with a nice ship set.

So looks like my first Lego S@H order for the new year will be the two animal creator sets and the Baxter Robot that's on sale. Damn GS seems to have gotten some mandibles in me with the two sets I have so i'm considering the Swarm Interceptor now and maybe, maybe, Galactic Titan if its still on sale when I get paid.

crap, I forgot about the mars rover on jan 1st. I may have to hold off on one of the animal sets. I think by virtue of my avatar I have to get the kitty one.

Which Galaxy Squad sets do you have so far? The essentials (in my opinion) are Bug Obliterator, Vermin Vaporizer, and Hive Crawler. Galactic Titan is a solid set, but felt like a step down from the three I mentioned before.

Which Galaxy Squad sets do you have so far? The essentials (in my opinion) are Bug Obliterator, Vermin Vaporizer, and Hive Crawler. Galactic Titan is a solid set, but felt like a step down from the three I mentioned before.

I just built the Crater Creeper set and it's pretty good. It's a good deal if you find it on sale for $16 or less. It's a fun build and looks pretty cool when done. I like the mandibles, but my kids don't like it when I have it "biting" them. I got it at the amazing price of $11+ at TRU during their insane sales prior to XMas.

I have the Hive Crawler, but haven't built it yet. There's a lot of "non-essential" Galaxy Squad sets IMO that are pretty fun builds.

Just completed building Town Hall and have to admit you guys were right. I remember the consensus being that it was a mediocre build with the exception of the roof. At first I was all "they be crazy" cause the build was fine for me. I was enjoying myself and looking forward to each build session over the course of a couple days. How much better could it possibly get? Well, it seriously took it to a whole other level on the roof. I was doing techniques I have never ever seen before, and didn't realize how boring the rest of the build really was. Good thing it didn't start out that great then taper off. It really ended with a bang. And now my row of modulars on my mantle is really taking off. Next up Palace Cinema!
chpe7AJ.jpg

Ponn

Banned

I picked up Mech Eradicator before christmas and got Bug Obliterator for a present.

ghostmind

A couple of LEGO Movie books to be on the look-out for:

I03Aw74.jpg

comes with an "exclusive" ? minifigure

Sbpfoxw.jpg

hardcover guide, for those of us that collect these things

Ponn

Banned
So the free Lego Movie posters each week in Jan are they store only? Making an online order every week isnt feasible but i could do a couple orders. Need that Batman poster.

ghostmind

The DK book is tiny. That is where the pics I had came from.

Yeah, Amazon says 64 pages.

Also fyi, in late April we have the newest LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary. Given the past entries, that will probably have a cool exclusive minifig.

Then in June, there is the Friends Character Encyclopedia, followed by the Chima Character Encyclopedia in July.

Just completed building Town Hall and have to admit you guys were right. I remember the consensus being that it was a mediocre build with the exception of the roof. At first I was all "they be crazy" cause the build was fine for me. I was enjoying myself and looking forward to each build session over the course of a couple days. How much better could it possibly get? Well, it seriously took it to a whole other level on the roof. I was doing techniques I have never ever seen before, and didn't realize how boring the rest of the build really was. Good thing it didn't start out that great then taper off. It really ended with a bang. And now my row of modulars on my mantle is really taking off. Next up Palace Cinema!
chpe7AJ.jpg

ermUkmA.gif

B-Dex

LEGO Movie sets and the CMF series are now available from S@H and LEGO stores.

Yes! I built the trash chomper. Pretty fun build although disappointing it doesn't transform and you have to rebuild to get the regular trash truck.

But I think my favorite set is Metalbeard's Duel along with Cloud Cuckoo Palace.

ghostmind

Yes! I built the trash chomper. Pretty fun build although disappointing it doesn't transform and you have to rebuild to get the regular trash truck.

But I think my favorite set is Metalbeard's Duel along with Cloud Cuckoo Palace.

I'm more interested in the 2-in-1's for their "normal" builds than their wacky alternates. My LEGO City doesn't have an Icecream Truck, nor a Plumber van. And it could use another Garbage Truck.

My January 1st pick-ups are going to include the Metalbeard set, and one other TBD.

rallaren

Damn GS seems to have gotten some mandibles in me with the two sets I have so i'm considering the Swarm Interceptor now and maybe, maybe, Galactic Titan if its still on sale when I get paid.
I picked up Mech Eradicator before christmas and got Bug Obliterator for a present.
I don't recommend GT and I'd probably pick it last. Vermin and Hive looks much better.

Edit: About the 2in1 movie sets: Are they simple to alternate or do I have to rebuild them completely?

I also found this in a yt comment:
the people who designed these aren't lego designers. they are moccers. the people who directed the lego movie held a contest to get designs for vehicles in the movie.

ghostmind

LEGO store employee confirmed Movie Spaceship and Police Dropship for next wave. Not sure if he got his info through official channels, or the current buzz on the internet though.

ruxtpin

Banned
Picked up the Hoth set (the one with the snowspeeder) at $10 off at the local Lego store, along with one of the movie sets (the garbage truck 2:1 thing) and 5 movie mini figs. I snagged Abe, the cop, Emmett, panda man, and robot lady with 50s haircut. I'm loving the movie sets, but since I've got a while on those I wanted to get the Hoth set before it's gone.

Jimbro72

Got the new January LEGO catalogue in the mail yesterday. Sadly, no 10% off coupon attached this time. Has pretty much all the new stuff listed in there but SW. Now to start planning out purchases over the few months.

ghostmind

This is why I should stick to buying my CMF's via Bricklink:

07GF3El.jpg

Four bags purchased and already one repeat! I am terrible at feeling the bags.

Ryuuroden

I'm more interested in the 2-in-1's for their "normal" builds than their wacky alternates. My LEGO City doesn't have an Icecream Truck, nor a Plumber van. And it could use another Garbage Truck.

My January 1st pick-ups are going to include the Metalbeard set, and one other TBD.

I'm interested in them for the same reason, the normal builds.

Ponn

Banned
Finished Mech Eradicator. That was fun, I really , REALLY love Lego Mech's. It just looks like it's ready to kick butt and the stickers of bug guts on its feet is a nice touch. Love the pilot ship transformation, call out to old japanese mech shows. Bigger then I thought it would be, just looks intimidating.

The bugs were kinda cool but wish they were more poseable. Probably easily modded if I get around to it.

Finished Mech Eradicator. That was fun, I really , REALLY love Lego Mech's. It just looks like it's ready to kick butt and the stickers of bug guts on its feet is a nice touch. Love the pilot ship transformation, call out to old japanese mech shows. Bigger then I thought it would be, just looks intimidating.

The bugs were kinda cool but wish they were more poseable. Probably easily modded if I get around to it.

Now the mech needs a worthy opponent to fight. Time for Hive Crawler.

Glad you liked the mech.

ghostmind

Going through the instructions for Rescue Reinforcements, and there are no directions included for an alt firetruck build, but I think all the parts are there for one. Just need a talented MOD'er to figure it out.

Going through the instructions for Rescue Reinforcements, and there are no directions included for an alt firetruck build, but I think all the parts are there for one. Just need a talented MOD'er to figure it out.
Challenge accepted. For when I eventually get the set. Somewhere far down the line.
Only must have of current movie sets is MetalBeard. Others I want, but can wait.

ghostmind

Challenge accepted. For when I eventually get the set. Somewhere far down the line.
Only must have of current movie sets is MetalBeard. Others I want, but can wait.

MetalBeard was my one definite pick-up today as well. The others happened because I decided to pick up the two exclusives (Rescue=TRU, Flusher=Walmart) at the LEGO store instead.

Those two "Super Secret Police" sets look really nice though - I may have to get them on the 1st when I am back at the store.

ghostmind

via Eurobricks:

a9P5TAYl.png

Biznis Kitty = Lord Business' Lair
Astro Kitty = Benny's Spaceship
Queasy Kitty = MetalBeard's Ship
Angry Kitty = Construction Mech

Top Bottom