• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
AceBandage said:
up254372.jpg

Can anyone translate?
Someone told me this was for Issac from Golden Sun.

Doesn't say anything about an Isaac...it says Robin.

careksims

Proven said:
Sexy black costume Zelda fighting a lvl 9 cpu. Not spoilerific, per say, but she looks really cool and holds her own. The video uploaders are getting better!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2192064

Seriously, this vid alone makes me want to try Zelda, and I already decided I was going to save her over Peach at first (not because I like Peach less though).

Oh, and black Zero Suit in the second part of the vid. Just as good.

MM mmm good! I never did use Zelda in SSBM, but this one can give her a chance for once.

FoxSpirit

AceBandage said:
up254372.jpg

Can anyone translate?
Someone told me this was for Issac from Golden Sun.

You got the Assist tropy "Robin (Golden Sun)".

Oh, just looked it up, Isaac is named Robin in the Japanese "Golden Sun". Congratulations. :)

edit: beaten to the punch -.-

Proven said:
This isn't confirmation or anything, but based on this vid, Falcon's knee might have been nerfed. I'm not 100% sure if the player just got the timing and/or hitbox horribly wrong

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2192123
Didn't he use the Knee at about :40 and do good knockback on Marth?

And holy shit, his falcon punch is a lot bigger and more powerful...and maybe a littttle slower?

Edit: I think the one your talking about wasn't his knee. Falcon's Knee missed and the knock back was from the ray gun.

Jiggy

Zero Suit Samus might have just moved up into the playable category for me. I still hate her outfit, but that's a great playing style...

Proven said:
This isn't confirmation or anything, but based on this vid, Falcon's knee might have been nerfed. I'm not 100% sure if the player just got the timing and/or hitbox horribly wrong

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2192123
Every knee I saw connect did it completely wrong by Melee standards. No worries yet.

OliveJuice said:
Didn't he use the Knee at about :40 and do good knockback on Marth?
That was his down air.

Mojojo

MadraptorMan said:
Doesn't say anything about an Isaac...it says Robin.

Yes, Robin is Isaac's name in the Japanese version of golden sun (ogon no taiyo). So yes it's a golden sun assist trophy.

Cynar

PunjabiPlaya said:
I don't use Capitan Falcon much, but is it just me or does the charge for his Falcon Punch look shorter?

I use him a lot in melee, the timing looks about the same for falcon punch. As for the knee, the guy misses the hitboxes a lot to get a proper knee off.

Jiggy37 said:
That was his down air.
Hmmm, that's what I thought at first, but then Marth went flying sideways...

Edit: Ok yea, I checked some more, and I did notice that spark thing that happens for his dair. I still don't know why Marth went sideways though.

Helzown

Mojojo said:
Yes, Robin is Isaac's name in the Japanese version of golden sun (ogon no taiyo). So yes it's a golden sun assist trophy.

Nice avatar.

Also, Falcon Punch does look like it's bigger.

Proven said:
Sexy black costume Zelda fighting a lvl 9 cpu. Not spoilerific, per say, but she looks really cool and holds her own. The video uploaders are getting better!

Seriously, this vid alone makes me want to try Zelda, and I already decided I was going to save her over Peach at first (not because I like Peach less though).

Battlefield ver. 2 music is god-tier.

ezekial45

Banned
Proven said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAIofUYGj7Y

mirrored

wtf is The Divine Spirit of Language doing there, I thought it was actually in the game for a sec. :lol

Watched that vid with C.Falcon, his jump seems a bit altered, though I can't quite put my finger on it.

PatzCU

Jiggy37 said:
Zero Suit Samus might have just moved up into the playable category for me. I still hate her outfit, but that's a great playing style...

Sorry, I am completely far behind on this thread, been at work. Has it been confirmed whether or not ZS Samus is playable without using the smash ball?

I think ROB being playable pretty much confirms the canon that Smash Bros is the reenactment of a kid playing with Nintendo action figures.

masterkajo

Proven said:
At this point, I'm pretty sure that everything option related is unlocked from the start.

And in the Zero Suit vid, I finally understand what her Down+B was supposed to be after reading it to be some sort of "jump" on the dojo. It looks like it's a third jump, and then she still has her Up+B to recover with. She's unbelievable if this is true. I have no regrets playing Samus for a third game in a row now.
After watching the video is think this might be true. So instead of an attack she got an additional jump with Down+B. Nice!
I noticed it at the very end of the video where she was almost thrown out of the stage but made it back with a midair jump + supposedly Down+B and Up+B for recover.
NICE!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Have any competitive smashers commented on how they like the game so far? I haven't been able to read the entire thread but am curious. I know several advanced Melee techniques were dropped in Brawl, but I was wondering if there have been new technique discoveries yet.

PatzCU said:
Sorry, I am completely far behind on this thread, been at work. Has it been confirmed whether or not ZS Samus is playable without using the smash ball?

She can be used without a smash ball. U have to hold down the shield button down when u select Samus.

Insaniac

PatzCU said:

Yeah, hold R or whatever as you select samus.

Also, has it been confirmed that replays can only up to 3 minutes or is that for the sake of sending to friends?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I put in over three hours in the adventure mode last night, and still only have about 30% of the game completed. It's definitely looking to be a huge, HUGE single player campaign. Since you are forced to select from sets of characters on each level, it gave me a chance to check out some of the characters I might normally not choose, or try characters that aren't unlocked in the regular game yet. You don't seem to unlock characters in the adventure mode (just trophies and other bonuses like music), although I did get Marth when I stopped playing after a few hours. Then I tried playing through single player once, and got to challenge Captain Falcon when I beat it. I beat him and he became playable.

I Can't comment too much on the standard game since the vast majority of my play time has been spent in the adventure mode. So certain characters that I found useless are likely better in the regular game, or I just didn't know how to use them properly. No fanboy flaming, please. Of the newcomers, I absolutely loved using Pit, Zero Suit Samus, and the Pokemon trainer, although with the latter I found the turtle Pokemon (I forgot the English name...Squirtle?) to be very effective, and the other two not anywhere near as much. The Pokemon Trainer has to
find and/or battle the other two Pokemon in two dungeons
, by the way. I didn't take to Lucas or Meta Knight much at all. At least in adventure mode, Lucas just sucked. He seems very weak and his jumping ability isn't that great. Ness was better
but you don't get to use him for very long
. There were a lot of times when I died because I couldn't recover from getting knocked off a jump because of him; thankfully his story partner
the Pokemon Trainer
is a much better character. Meta Knight just seemed a bit too floaty for my tastes, although he does have some effective attacks.
I thought he'd be a bad guy, but he teams up with the two Fire Emblem characters and they go on a sword slashing spree.
Adventure mode has some great platforming levels and awesome music. The mix up of familar music and game play, combined with the nostalgia of some of the older characters just makes it so awesome. I especially loved hearing music from
Super Mario Land
, a game that always forgotten by Nintendo. Zero Suit Samus's first level is awesome and really reminded me of Metroid Zero Mission in some ways. They seem to play up the stealth aspect of her character (not in the game play, although she is FAST), so I'm sure that means she'll end up teaming with Snake should he appear in this mode. Pit reminds me of Link but with some different attacks. His up+B attack lets him fly briefly, which saved me in stages battles more than one time. Diddy Kong is a fast little character that uses some gadgets (jetpack, peanut gun) for attacks, and appears to be mocking Keanu Reeves in the Matrix in some of his movies. (Maybe that's just me.)

Didn't even get to trying multiplayer yet. I'll be playing with a friend either today or sunday, but I'll definitely try out some online multi later on today after work. I did mess around briefly in the training mode and checked out some of the Final SMash attacks. I didn't know that you have to hit a certain item that appears several times before you can do the move; it's not like a traditional fighting game super and this seems like it would be a little too random for my tastes. Kind of disappointing in this sense, although some of the super really do look cool. Not all of them are damaging attacks, by the way. Zero Suit Samus gets her armor back and Peach unleashes a bunch of peaches that replenish health. Some of the stages are insanely cool. The Made In Wario stages actually goes into some of the minigames, and if you don't do something properly in them you are penalized (such as being shrunken by a mushroom) once the stage returns to normal, while the other player(s) are rewarded with a power-up.

I'd really like to know how to get Snake and Sonic unlocked; I'm more eager to try them out than any other locked character in the game. Despite having played around four hours total, I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface of this amazing game. That long wait until March for you U.S. players is definitely going to be worth it.

PatzCU

Insaniac said:
Yeah, hold R or whatever as you select samus.

Also, has it been confirmed that replays can only up to 3 minutes or is that for the sake of sending to friends?

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!! :D

Very good news, thanks!

*****GAF members who have the game.*****

Any chance of us getting a stream of some play, or at least some videos in the near future? Anyone have a setup that would easily allow it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom