• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

Jezan

New grab?

screen-4.jpg
Looks like Strong side attack, but perfectly taken before hitting the Villager.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Dedede's expressions in the Wii U version are simply amazing. A stunning difference compared to Brawl. I hope he's similarly expressive in the 3DS version. His model in both versions is very good too.

However, it seems I'm not the only one thinking the reveals' pace is accelerating...

mclem

Oh i just noticed the two pics with wft are in order lol.

Which has just made me consider something as a possibly-easy-to-implement feature.

They've probably got good posing systems for these shots - what if they were to put a nicer interface on top and include it as a feature... with Miiverse posting? Miiverse Smash comic strips!

mclem

I wonder if there's any possibility of a NES Remix level. There's not really a way to get a character out of it, but a level that oscillates between different NES scenes could work quite nicely. That said, clashes may be an issue.

Dedede has dropped the perpetual grin, he always did look a bit too jolly in Brawl though I'll miss hammering heads with the most creepily jubilant of expressions.
Characters being much more expressive is easily one of my favourite things about the Wii U version right now.

Well whats next after DKC? :/

Mario Golf? Can't wait for the Sonny reveal.

You should call up your best mate, Sakurai, and blame him for screwing up with your bets.

On serious note, I'm curious how and when will Sakurai reveal Metaknight or Pokemon Trainer since we don't have any other kirby and pokemon games to release.

He could just reveal them randomly like he did Marth and Peach, they don't necessarily have to be tied to a game launch.

Caladrius

Dedede has been vindicated for me. I've mostly been indifferent about his Smash Incarnation until now.

The Smash 4 version is glorious.

Dedede has dropped the perpetual grin, he always did look a bit too jolly in Brawl though I'll miss hammering heads with the most creepily jubilant of expressions.
Characters being much more expressive is easily one of my favourite things about the Wii U version right now.

Mario Golf? Can't wait for the Sonny reveal.
Its a Sonny day!

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
A playable kart will be revealed a day before the Mario Kart 8 release. The playable kart will also have a Lucina bike alt.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
1080peeing all over me. Computer is slow and soaked.

Some great shots, though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
dedede_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d71lcjw.png

My main brawl character back, awesome!

Timed myself on this sprite, 30 minutes.

Fantastic Job! I wonder who shotgunned for Dedede since I don't mind to steal it for myself XD. I think someone did tho.

One of your best work.

jvuoWb7.png

I can't get over how much better the art style is in this game. The brighter colors and personality make a HUGE difference!

Indeed. I'm pretty pumped with the art direction, and I can't wait to see more characters.

We may of just lucked out because of ALBW and Triple Deluxe being so close together.

Though I guess the new Donkey Kong Country game is just around the corner...

Yeah, but we don't know japanese date for DKC.

Kokonoe

Banned
jvuoWb7.png

I can't get over how much better the art style is in this game. The brighter colors and personality make a HUGE difference!

Yeah, he looked like butt in Brawl. I always hated how he looked in it. He looks amazing in this, especially with the colors, but mainly the modeling.

Top Bottom