• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart444

That was quick but got one screencap of Leviathan:

if1NWOhpKMv7u.png

Ken

Same thing came to my mind, dunno why anyone would bother with CT anymore. Especially since you can run Coil so much faster.

For sure, but at least CT is still doable with pugs. Even with the supposed Echo system, that really doesn't prevent rot wipes and probably won't be enough to brute force Turn 4's puzzle-ish encounter design with DF pugs.

And even ignoring that running CT for the vanity stuff is still something.

desu

Well, CT's gear is going to be fairly worthless once 2.2 hits anyway... but I think the fact that you can do CT and sleep through it will still appeal to people.

Coil 1-4 is super easy to farm, in the time you need to complete CT you can clear all 4 turns with more and better loot. Always these lazy people!

Aeana

Coil 1-4 is super easy to farm, in the time you need to complete CT you can clear all 4 turns with more and better loot. Always these lazy people!

Well, you don't have to tell me that. My group completes turn 1-4 in a little over 30 minutes on average.

desu

The difficulty of dive bombs is positioning since the wall is OHKO regardless of ilv. Secondly, the Twisters are OHKO too I believe? So it's just mechanics like that which still prevent groups from doing T5 for whatever reason.

Quite honestly, neither Divebomb nor Twisters are exactly hard mechanics, if people get stuck on these than the game might be just too hard for them, no matter what they will nerf.

chrono01

Wait, Takai increased the size of Fire 1/Fireball and I didn't know!? It wasn't even mentioned in the patch notes?

O_O

DAMN IT! PS4 exclusive CE bonus items, including a Wind Up Moogle minion and Fat Chocobo Mount?

DAMN IT!

Aeana

Glad that the PS4 CE bonuses are the same as the others, so I don't have to worry about that. (._. )
EDIT: DAMN IT I spoke too soon!

kiryogi

Banned
ROFL, fuck this, not triple dipping XD Next ARR LE for me will be expansion.

edit: oooh looks like we don't have to get the CE to get those goodies. For previous CE owners?

kiryogi

Banned
Don't really get why the soundtrack will release after patch 2.2 but only include music through 2.1.

Before Meteor was out during ARR and that's all 1.x music. Production and marketing reasons most likely. Although, Soken said something about ARR OST itself was so immense it could be 2 blurays.

chrono01

Never mind, apparently the release is for the 26th?

Also, the Bahamut minion looks great.

Because it's a BD, you can't rip the songs straight into itunes from it can you? (at least not without a BD drive)
If it's similar to the Before Meteor soundtrack, you can get a "code/URL" from the menu in the PS3/PS4 and use that to download MP3 versions of the songs.

Because it's a BD, you can't rip the songs straight into itunes from it can you? (at least not without a BD drive)

Before Meteor came with all the tracks in a directory in MP3 format, you just put the disc in your PC and copied the tracks over. There wasn't any kind of copy protection on those tracks. They were 320kbps MP3s too, they didn't skimp on the quality. But uh you still needed a BD drive in your PC to get to that directory.

Stuart444

Never mind, apparently the release is for the 26th?

Also, the Bahamut minion looks great.

If it's similar to the Before Meteor soundtrack, you can get a "code/URL" from the menu in the PS3/PS4 and use that to download MP3 versions of the songs.

Well that's better than nothing, can you take the songs from it via USB then?

I love a lot of the tracks so it's tempting to order this.

edit:

Before Meteor came with all the tracks in a directory in MP3 format, you just put the disc in your PC and copied the tracks to over. There wasn't any kind of copy protection on those tracks. They were 320kbps MP3s too, they didn't skimp on the quality. But uh you still needed a BD drive in your PC to get to that directory.

Oh, awesome then

Aeana

The timing on all of this stuff is wrong. These guides won't even get a month of being current before they're completely outdated.

chrono01

Well that's better than nothing, can you take the songs from it via USB then?

I love a lot of the tracks so it's tempting to order this.
You mean after you download it from the PC? Yeah, you can do whatever with them afterwards, they're not copy-protected.

The URL they gave you also gave 320kbps versions of the songs, so it's essentially the same as the method Unknown Soldier posted [well, the same outcome anyway].

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
For those LTTP or just want all the new from Live Letter aggregated

Took info/pics from this thread and presented it better

Patch 2.16 drops on February 22 to release with the PS4 (Beta) launch in Japan
ibp9ww1zXzbSml.png

ibgwth7s44DPuk.png

2.2 Info:
rfYkjBW.png

icrfY4YUUNSh1.png

Leviathan Arena:
iLKlpizzDAPrL.png

if1NWOhpKMv7u.png

Leviathan Barding:
m0117u6i.jpg

Ruins of Amdapoor (new dungeon):
ildV913Oro0zj.png

ibmM2Uvv1QBnmk.png

iHlsxgbkBOfVq.png

isdD4mMI7Xi2q.png

igpqVdA5wBIqT.png

Coil Turns 6, 7, 8, 9
ibm8zlrMQ4wPEb.png

ibw3uE7B0lKPJU.png

iby5i0WJVDYEsq.png

ibqdO42armvosP.png

*No Turn 3 Trolling, All 4 Turns are Battles*

2.2 and Beyond!:
i6UpoU9OjBSQZ.png

ibqsovyZrRQTX.png

Wrap-Up:
iDdbuaQ0QrXSl.png

Recap:

Turn 1-5 weekly lock out is removed, can be run as many times as you like, whatever Turn you like
Also accessible through DF now
If you fail Turns, you get Echo (buff), will stay until you defeat it
Sahagin (Levithan) and Kobold (Titan) beastmen dailies
Pharos Sirius is getting nerfed, Ruins on Amdapoor will be tougher than PS was when it was released

CT will get fucked over when 2.2 comes, why chase ilvl80 gear and get 1 piece per week, when you can just DF Coil Turns 1-5 freely for ilvl90 gear and deck yourself out...

New Allagan Tomes coming (most likely for AF2) to go along with Turn 6-9 Drops that will be Coil 2 gear

PS4 CE
Jibu5PX.png

If you got PS3 CE already, you get this as you upgrade, if you had vanilla, can buy CE upgrade and get it.
PS4 release 4/14/14

Blu-ray OST:
7HUpLkz.png

DAT Minion!

Hope that's OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom