• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Another world first race is underway!
I'm skipping savage this time around but I'm watching Zheph, Mr Happy, and Arthars and also looking forward to seeing what the P12S phase 2 boss will look like.

lol the P10S tankbusters literally throw both tanks to the side platforms of the arena. Then they have to bait the spiderwebs to the pillars to create the bridge.

Good news: the Shadow Wolf mount is NOT the reward for synced BLU 70+80 raids
Bad news: it's another $24 USD mount

On the one hand, I'm happy that it's not the BLU mount because, as I said previously, it would have been a major downgrade from the iconic Morbol. But on the other, it's another raid boss that should have been unlocked in-game.

Meh. Par for the course at this point... Square Enix gotta fund more Forspokens somehow.

No new BLU mount according to dataminers

cover5.jpg

Doesn't get better than the Morbol, I guess...

Also, 3rd relic step is another 1500 tomes, to no one's surprise.

Got all the new BLU spells and did all the new raid logs. That was fun, as usual. New Masked Carnival stage was fun to prog again, but the secret achievement for the Umbrella weapon is simpler than the one for Gogo.

After spending one bajirrion hours for Shadowbringers im ok with that. Its not like they have a good exploratory zone this xpac. They would just make you do 100 fates or god forbid island sanctuary haha
I feel like the Variant & Criterion dungeons would have been a decent substitute for the relic grind. Oh well, hopefully we'll get an exploratory zone next expansion, or maybe they'll shake things up entirely (wishful thinking, I know).

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Almost done with getting all my jobs to 80. Just one more tank and a few DPS left to go, then its all to 90 from there. Loving the lack of exploratory zones, personally. They were never that much fun and just felt like overly long grinds for the sake of having overly long grinds. I like that Criterion/Variant dungeons and the island are fun side content that have a clear end.

Can't wait for the FFXVI crossover! Loved the game and desperately want the music as orchestrion rolls for my house :D

So does anyone have any last-minute predictions for where the expansion will take place? The first trailer should be shown during the Fanfest Keynote on Friday at 1pm Eastern. I doubt the location will be overtly revealed but there are usually enough hints to speculate.

Personally, I hope it'll be the New World, but I think there's a higher chance of it taking place in Meracydia. Emet mentioned Meracydia's 'present state of affairs' at the end of Endwalker, and that felt like the most "urgent" of the references thus far.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
So does anyone have any last-minute predictions for where the expansion will take place? The first trailer should be shown during the Fanfest Keynote on Friday at 1pm Eastern. I doubt the location will be overtly revealed but there are usually enough hints to speculate.

Personally, I hope it'll be the New World, but I think there's a higher chance of it taking place in Meracydia. Emet mentioned Meracydia's 'present state of affairs' at the end of Endwalker, and that felt like the most "urgent" of the references thus far.
I also feel it will be Meracydia. That or it could be another part of the 1st (even though it implied it was a dead world).)

Golden WoL promotional art....
New World???

F1_55SeWIAAlt2r

Edit: Forgot that they're going to have the Asura fight in the FanFest... and it's called the Gilded Araya
Fv7pRJPaYAEKBZR

Its Happening GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member

Golden WoL promotional art....
New World???

F1_55SeWIAAlt2r

Edit: Forgot that they're going to have the Asura fight in the FanFest... and it's called the Gilded Araya
Fv7pRJPaYAEKBZR

Its Happening GIF by MOODMAN

I think we may be going to the new world partially, but I don’t think the golden WoL in the Endwalker pose is a reference to that. It is more than likely referring to the decade anniversary.

I think we may be going to the new world partially, but I don’t think the golden WoL in the Endwalker pose is a reference to that. It is more than likely referring to the decade anniversary.
That was my initial thought as well, especially given the fact that they are indeed poses from previous expansions (the one on the left pillar is from ARR, I believe?). There's also the fact that there's a lot of gold lettering in their Anniversary site.

But then I made the connection to the New World's cities of gold, and then made another connection to the Gilded Araya fight they've previously announced (which is the biggest hint by far, now that we know 6.5 trial is probably Zeromus, not Asura). I don't know, the gold poses could be from a moment in the trailer like the Shadowbringers trailer where they're calling back to the previous expansions with various jobs.

I could be wrong but eh, speculation is part of the fun at this part of the expansion lifecycle.
Always Sunny Fx GIF

Speaking of speculation, anyone have any last-minute guesses on the new job(s)?

A lot of people are hoping for Beastmaster, including Sakaguchi himself! :messenger_grinning_smiling:
30rx17kbqceb1.png

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Matsuno also spoke about Beastmaster around Bozja/Zadnor and that he would help the XIV devs make it.

Finally resubbing after a hiatus just for Blue Mage. Probably won't do any MSQ content until 7.0 happens. Haven't even fought Rubicante.

The uh current writing tells me to hold off.

Sub_Level

Matsuno also spoke about Beastmaster around Bozja/Zadnor and that he would help the XIV devs make it.

Finally resubbing after a hiatus just for Blue Mage. Probably won't do any MSQ content until 7.0 happens. Haven't even fought Rubicante.

The uh current writing tells me to hold off.

I love Zero. Legit waifu material. But yeah you ain’t missing much.

Sub_Level

Any tips for a newb looking to get into this?

Just pick somethin’ and go. You’ll either be engaged or be bored out of your mind. I think many of us XIV fans are people who really enjoyed the storytelling of the older games and as a result are able to put up with XIV’s (mostly) average combat and quest design. It truly is an FF epic through and through.

I only have one specific tip: don’t do sidequests. Just focus on story & job quests.

NecrosaroIII

It's starting now! LFG LFG LFG.

This is my first Fan Fest. I started playing the august before Endwalker.

DAWNTRAIL - NEW WORLD CONFIRMED

Last edited:
Graphics update looks good so far but I'm seeing the telltale sign of FXAA in the background of some shots... hope they implement a better AA solution at launch.

You might not have been. The japanese title is "The Gilded Legacy"
I was expecting to see the statues in the trailer, as a reference to the other expansions (kind of like how the WoL cycles through jobs in the Shadowbringers trailer). As of now they only show up at the convention, so they're probably just there for the 10th Anniversary.

NecrosaroIII

Damn, the free trial is going to go all the way through Stormblood now. Crazy. That's confidence.

YukiOnna

FFXIV finally beginning its One Piece saga. Yoshi-P finally stopped hiding it.

I'm glad Tural doesn't really look like America much and is moreso Southeast Asia and obviously the FFX influence.

You might not have been. The japanese title is "The Gilded Legacy"
That has more to do with this famed Golden City than the statues tbf

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
What exactly was the strategy chart thing they showed?
It’s a collaborative whiteboard for devising fight strategy. You can do such things external to the game, but this puts it directly in the game. I imagine you can keep the window open during the fight to act as a visual aid.

NecrosaroIII

I could see it being pretty intense in Savage-tier stuff. But i'm a filthy casual DPS that is carried by my healer constantly reviving me, so hopefully it doesn't put more pressure on normal content

Sub_Level

Patch 6.5
Release Date: October 2023
Dungeon: Lunar Subterane (FFIV Final Dungeon)
Normal/Extreme Trial: Zeromus
Unreal Trial: Knights of the Round
Alliance Raid: Thaleia
Variant/Criterion Dungeon: Aloalo Island

Patch 6.55
Release Date: January 2024
Includes Relic Weapon Quest (final step I believe)
Has more MSQ to conclude Endwalker.

Last edited:

Power Pro

I was thinking about getting a time card to start playing this again for a while. last time i played was probably a year ago, and i tried to finally make some progress, and i did get through all of the ARR msq, but if i dive back in, i feel like i could use a refreshers. any good suggestions on how to get a good recap?

Sub_Level

I was thinking about getting a time card to start playing this again for a while. last time i played was probably a year ago, and i tried to finally make some progress, and i did get through all of the ARR msq, but if i dive back in, i feel like i could use a refreshers. any good suggestions on how to get a good recap?
Recap for story? The writing is so verbose that you will have no issue re-learning whats going on after an hour or two. Plot points are repeated a dozen times to the player.

Recap for gameplay? First take everything off your hotkeys and start from square 1 again. Look at what the action does, perform it on a test dummy, then add it to a hot key. Releat for all your actions. Then jump into an early dungeon; they basically all support NPC allies now so you won’t be wasting any other players’ time. After you do a couple of those maybetry a boss fight with other players (Trial) then you are ready to continue the story quests!

Last edited:
Top Bottom