• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez: your new god

adg1034

Congratulations, Phil!

Fez just won the Independent Games Festival award for Excellence in Visual Art.

That's awesome. Amazing job.

Looks great. Now if he can just tweak its visual style to make the world and characters look a bit more interesting, we may have the first big time XBLA release that the mainstream will accept.

I'm talking Super Mario brothers level sales. Great potential, just needs refined. if I was a publisher, I would be all over this like a bum on a ham sandwich.

Awesome...I like the tricks they pulled: 'trixels'

Essentially...I think these are just very small flat-shaded, orthogonally-rendered polyhedral geometries approximating pixels in 3d space (aka lots of little flat-shaded cubes with their faces always facing perpendicular to the player's point-of-view...except during the sweeping change of perspective).

Awesome. I really like these retro style games with a twist that indie teams are putting out, and this one looks like it's clever and has a lot of heart. I'll be praying for a wiiware version.

Lobster

Banned
I really think this needs to be said about this game in every thread:

Development started before SPM and Echocrome was released. The creator did not play Crush AT ALL.

Okay, so I think we can all agree, this game looks pretty awesome.

Sony needs to have this game locked up for PSN... like yesterday.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
It's funny, I watched the trailer and was like "damn this sounds a lot like Jason's music" only to find out later it was his.

BTW the guy who is doing the music posts on GAF from time to time as well.

Looks nice, but you couldn't convince me the makers didn't play Cave Story.

I like how it takes a true 2d look after a view is locked on.

Xater

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Looks great. Now if he can just tweak its visual style to make the world and characters look a bit more interesting.

How about NO!

"Fez just won the Independent Games Festival award for Excellence in Visual Art."

test_account

XP-39C²
That game looks pretty sweet! :) I wish more people made 2d games like this (i know its some 3d too, but it seems that all movements is 2d, which is sweet :)).

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Very cool.

Reminds me of echochrome, how you manipulate the perspective to create new paths or whatever.

edit - oops, I see echochrome's already been mentioned a zillion times, serves me right for not reading the thread first.

I love the style of this.

Mdk7

ankayb.png

acm2000

wow, those sound effects are even more annoying than mario and zelda combined >_< game looks ok tho, not really my thing, would do well on xbla/psn tho

i have to play pes08 with the sound off cause the refs whistle makes my dogs go ape shit, this game would probably make them attack me, that fez collect sfx really needs to be taken down a tad :lol

john tv

Apparently Fez is playable in the north hall, IGF area. Anybody tried it yet? GO GO GO! ...and tell me how it is

phil_fish

ok, some details.

-this version is being made on XNA. draw your own conclusions.
-we're thinking it should be done in about a year. possibly more.
-its no longer a kokoromi project, it now a POLYTRON project, which is the (actually registered) company me and 6955 (music) have just started.
-its more SMG than SPM.
-i shared my hostel room with petri purho, creator of crayon physics.
-GDC was batshit fucking loco.

Odrion

Banned
Lobster said:
I really think this needs to be said about this game in every thread:

Development started before SPM and Echocrome was released. The creator did not play Crush AT ALL.
Even in the girl-age topics?

soldat7

phil_fish said:
ok, some details.

-this version is being made on XNA. draw your own conclusions.
-we're thinking it should be done in about a year. possibly more.
-its no longer a kokoromi project, it now a POLYTRON project, which is the (actually registered) company me and 6955 (music) have just started.
-its more SMG than SPM.
-i shared my hostel room with petri purho, creator of crayon physics.
-GDC was batshit fucking loco.

*bows*

werenotworthy.gif

Top Bottom