• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2.3GB Update for AC4 (PS4)

Haha was literally watching the credits when the update popped up. Game wasn't that buggy for me. Maybe a few hiccups but not a complete fuck up like AC3. Game was really bad though imo.

Quasar

Are we really complaining about a 2.3 GB update?

Have you seen the size of games on these systems?

But for a small bugfix patch that doesn't appear to include new assets (which is where I'd think all the size comes from) its odd.Does Sony STILL not use deltas?

GeoramA

The 100 friend limit was all they needed to fix. Missed out on some trophies because of that UPlay bullshit.

Yagharek

Software has bugs. It's inevitable.

Aside from the 100 friends connection bug, AC4 didn't really have any catastrophic game breaking bugs - just silly ones.

Of course software has bugs, I never disputed that. But the guy I quoted was arguing that it had none.

"Fixed connection with over 100 friends"

Oh good, so now I won't be locked out of all that content? Thanks Ubisoft, for allowing me to play everything I payed $60 to do on DAY 1.

it was a bug and they patched it.... what more would you like them to do?

stuff like that is unfortunate, but its not like they said meh and never fixed it

w00zey

The 100 friend limit was all they needed to fix. Missed out on some trophies because of that UPlay bullshit.
Plus no kenways fleet. Honestly, this should have been fixed long ago. I played it late nov-early dec and had to delete a bunch of people to get my account to sync and get the dlc to work. I mean damn it is early February.

Nuke Soda

have you played the game or are you talking out of you ass? (don't answer that, we all know already)

game wasnt really bugged, I wonder what's up with that patch. I really need to disable the auto updates on PS4... downloading 2gig of data for a game I completed and wont play again kinda sucks when you are on a limit.

I do my best talking out of my ass. Some bugs I have encountered:
No white whales for the longest time.
Cutscenes with invisible characters.
Enemies standing around for easy kills.
Getting stuck in weird places.
The Jackdaw turning spastic.

Most of these have been fixed via patches sure, but they shouldn't have been there at all or in this quantity. Also do you work for Ubisoft? Are you a plant?

it was a bug and they patched it.... what more would you like them to do?

stuff like that is unfortunate, but its not like they said meh and never fixed it

You're much too forgiving. I was locked out of Uplay content AND ship missions. The latter a significant chunk of the single player experience.

Didn't the War Thunder devs say that PS4 patching has a flaw right now in that any small patch released forces users to re-download all previous patches, even if they have them already? If so, this could actually be a small patch, but the size includes the 1080p/new AA patch from just after release.

this almost makes sense, how do these changes take up 2GB+ without new content?

You're much too forgiving. I was locked out of Uplay content AND ship missions. The latter a significant chunk of the single player experience.

to each their own, i wouldnt consider any of that game breaking though. things like bf4 are examples of an unacceptable state to release a game in.

minor bugs/inconveniences that pop up and are addressed in a timely manner don't bug me too much

Didn't the War Thunder devs say that PS4 patching has a flaw right now in that any small patch released forces users to re-download all previous patches, even if they have them already? If so, this could actually be a small patch, but the size includes the 1080p/new AA patch from just after release.
I don't know, but before the patch the game was 26 GB (1.03) now its 28 GB (1.04)....

edit: I forgot to mention, I do have the season pass. So I have all that dlc already, I have no idea what's in the 2 gb difference.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
If the patch sizes are any indication of upcoming games and their patches, my bandwidth cap will be blown out of the roof every darn month. And speeds reduced to half.

Hate the size on these things.
SCE is aware of how shitty the current patch system is (every patch must include all the patches that preceded it even if they're already installed on the system) and they're working with SOE to fix the issue.

The current ETA for the improved patching system is April.

An Update On PlayStation 4 Patching

Hello DCUO Players,

At DCUO, we regularly develop and release new content for the game in free Game Updates and paid DLC Packs. This means there is always something new to play and see in the game, but it also means regular patches for you to download. We wanted to take a moment to address some feedback from players specifically on the PlayStation 4.

You have probably noticed that the download size of updates on PlayStation 4 has been larger than on other platforms. While this is partially due to the higher resolution assets on PlayStation 4, this is also due to differences in the way the platforms work. We know this is an important issue and we are working with the Sony PlayStation Team to both improve the patching process and reduce the size of downloads. Because these improvements are not trivial and because they impact all games on the platform, they are not something that can be completed overnight. We currently expect the launch of the improved patching system around April of this year.

Thank you for your continued support, and keep playing DCUO!

And while we're on the subject, the DCUO patches are currently 7+GBs each because of this half baked system and they push out a new patch every couple of weeks... : /

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
While this is nothing compared to that Dead Rising monstositiy, these massive patches are already getting old. I don't understand how general fixes = 2+ gbs now.

Pyrrhus

I was hoping this would address the spawn rate of community sharing stuff like white whales and royal convoys. I played probably a good 60 hours and never got any royal convoys. I kind of wanted to platinum the game, but it's proving impossible.

burgerdog

Is there a reason why my ps4 isn't downloading updates on its own anymore? I have to turn on the console for it to detect that there's a patch now

graywolf323

oh thank God, they finally fixed the Kenway's Fleet not working if you had over 100 friends

I actually had to delete people just so I could properly play the game...

Zabka

I encountered one serious glitch in the game. Spoiler warning for the ending: Click here

Disappointing to get through so many hours and have that happen.

DirtyLarry

I have yet to start the game, just picked it up last week thanks to it being $30 at Amazon, having $20 Amazon credit towards any PSN purchase, so got the game for the PS3 for $10 of my own money, then spent $10 on the digital upgrade. Psyched I basically paid $20 for what is reported as a damn good game. Looking forward to checking it out soon. Downloading the patch now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jeeze the game wasn't even really broken.

And if this still doesn't fix the 100 friend Uplay thing....

Edit: DLC likely. Yeah. Ugh.

Yeah, it's Freedom Cry. Ubi rolled it out to all existing Steam owners, too, regardless of whether or not they owned the Season Pass.

lord pie

It doesn't happen to add 3d support by some chance?....

if it did it'd push me over the edge and I'd get the game (I know, weird reason to not get a game). Seems odd when the ps3 supports it

Nemesis_

I really wish it fixed the annoying bug with the legendary ships. Or at least provided an option to reset them so I could re-sink them and get the only achievement I have left :(

I was hoping it was that free season pass I had won a few weeks back from the uplay give away. But I thought that was going to be an email code, so this makes more sense.

Edit: Well found it sitting in my inbox lol. But get this: Ubisoft gave me the full AC4 gold edition, even though I only went for the season pass in the give away LOL. Thanks Ubisoft!

I was about to play this. Nice knowing that they updated it, but I never really encountered a problem. But, who knows. Either way, this is nice to see.

erawsd

SCE is aware of how shitty the current patch system is (every patch must include all the patches that preceded it even if they're already installed on the system) and they're working with SOE to fix the issue.

The current ETA for the improved patching system is April.

And while we're on the subject, the DCUO patches are currently 7+GBs each because of this half baked system and they push out a new patch every couple of weeks... : /

I'm happy to hear they are trying to reduce it. I had to disable the automatic download because I only get 300gigs a month and DCUO+Battlefield+NBA were eating up way too much data.

Top Bottom