• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that the Crash Trilogy is coming out, what would you prefer VV do next?

Deffo think Spyro trilogy or Crash Team Racing.

Only thing is what would they sell Crash Team Racing at?! I mean the 3 crash games combined is £30 in the UK. One Crash Team Racing remake they'd shoot themselved in the foot for asking £30 for it.

EDIT: Perhaps as poster above states, adding in crash bash would be a good shout. Online multiplayer for both games.

*Splinter

Is Crash Bash any good, or is it just A Game With Crash Bandicoot In It?

For CTR I'd prefer a full price sequel/reboot/whatever rather than a remaster.

As others have said though, CTR (in any form) probably wouldn't be done by VV, so they can get to work on Spyro.

Burbeting

Banned

As others have said though, CTR (in any form) probably wouldn't be done by VV, so they can get to work on Spyro.

Crash Bash was okay when it released, but it has aged quite poorly. There are only few mini games that are just given variations to make the number seem higher, and the main campaign is absolute slog to get 200% clear on.

//To give further context, the game has 10 mini games, but six of them are repeated four times.

It's... ok I guess. It's a game that you can have fun with but far from a great game.

TheBoss1

This game comes up as unavailable to pre-order on Amazon for the physical edition. I've never seen a game about to be released be unavailable for pre-order. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: Amazon has listed the price again now that I mentioned this issue.

Camjo-Z

Crash Bash would be a waste of time honestly, it wasn't even that great back in the day. Same goes for Wrath of Cortex, why bother remaking an inferior clone of Warped? I'd want to see Crash Team Racing, a Spyro trilogy or a new Crash game.

Only thing is what would they sell Crash Team Racing at?! I mean the 3 crash games combined is £30 in the UK. One Crash Team Racing remake they'd shoot themselved in the foot for asking £30 for it.

I feel like they could get away with selling Crash Team Racing alone for $30 only because CTR is multiplayer (presumably with online added to a remake) and thus would last quite a bit longer than a single-player game.

CTR or a brand new Crash game

low key wish is a Twinsanity remake solving the issues the game had
Crash Team Racing baby! Sony needs a kart racer, and IMO, it's one of the few titles ever to give Mario Kart a run for its money. Honestly don't know why is was not continued when they made such a good base karting game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Cr4sh B4ndicoot. Which reminds me:

LboAjUV.jpg

"Thiaf".

FelipeMGM

...with all new concept art provided by the original artist... :)

Did you know - the Travelers Tales dev team behind Crash Twinsanity (of which I am one ;)) meet up every so often, and talk about the possibility of pitching a remastered version with all of the cut content put back in...including the scenes shown below ->

CONCEPT18.jpg

CONCEPT08.jpg

CONCEPT37.jpg

Also, did you know that one of the producers on Twinsanity (from Vivendi Universal) now works for Vicarious Visions...

...interesting developments...

man, dont even play with me lol

I love Twinsanity so much despite its flaws. To me its has the tone modern Crash games should take, open areas mixed with classical level progresssion. Its my favorite after the OG trilogy (and like almost tied with the first one in my list too)

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
get back to what they're best at: make another unreasonably solid Metroidvania-ish game based on some random property

edit: WAIT that wasn't them! I was thinking of Spyro or Spider-Man or something for DS. But apparently that wasn't them. nvm

You're thinking of either The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night for the GBA or Spider-Man: Web of Shadows for the DS.

I remember seeing some forum posts from one of the developers about how much they poured their heart and souls into those Metroidvania experiences.

SNURB

I'd like to see them try their hands at Crash 4 if anything. They got everything down pat with N. Sane so I think they're up to the task. Although I've heard rumors going around about the next Crash game being handled by SIEJ (Sony Japan Studio) so who knows what the future holds.

If not that, then remake CTR. CNK almost ALMOST got everything right but it falls off short in a few departments (kart speed for one). The key to CTR's success were the controls so VV has to nail that down if it happens and going by how faithful the controls are in N. Sane, I can imagine the same thing being done here. And maybe add CNK tracks as DLC.

RK128

I'd like to see them try their hands at Crash 4 if anything. They got everything down pat with N. Sane so I think they're up to the task. Although I've heard rumors going around about the next Crash game being handled by SIEJ (Sony Japan Studio) so who knows what the future holds.

If not that, then remake CTR. CNK almost ALMOST got everything right but it falls off short in a few departments (kart speed for one). The key to CTR's success were the controls so VV has to nail that down if it happens and going by how faithful the controls are in N. Sane, I can imagine the same thing being done here. And maybe add CNK tracks as DLC.

Also take into consideration they made the kart/flying/water racing bits for Skylanders SuperChargers; they can do racing well. If they worked with Naughty Dog (not unlike what happened with N. Sane Trilogy, getting level maps and stuff to help with development), then I feel they could make a damn good modern CTR.

Throw in some of the best CNK tracks and you are golden ;). I don't think Studio Japan is making a new Crash personally. Activision likely wants to have the chance to sell it multiplatform, so after CTR (if that is next) we will likely see the next mainline Crash (if we get one) release on everything. Sony will not want to help out much if that is the case I imagine.

We just gotta see, but Studio Japan has proven with Knack 2 (it looks surprisingly sold and has much more platforming) and past titles (Ape Escape comes to mind) how to make fun 3D platformers :).

FelipeMGM

that rumor came from Gaf right? Not remembering who said it tho

SNURB

that rumor came from Gaf right? Not remembering who said it tho

Yea, Enter the Dragon Punch I believed confirmed it a year ago when the revival was announced at E3. He pretty much leaked everything that was going to happen at E3 2016 way before it even started.

8DIMPLES8XD

Neo Member
Wow, 3 Years Later Crash 1-3 Has Been Remastered As Well As Spyro 1-3 And Medievil 1 Also Crash Team Racing Was Remastered, I Really Hope We See Crash Twinsanity Remastered, I Just Beat It A Couple Minutes Ago On PS2, I Would Love To See Everything Completely Remade From The Ground Up, Including The Deleted And Scrapped Content, I Grew Up With That Game, I Got It The Same Day It Came Out In The US

Top Bottom