• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People who value dog's life over a human life

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Someone posed this question on facebook.

So let me ask you guys this...who deserves a second chance more Chris Brown of Michael Vick??? Pick one and don't say "neither".

I went on the post to say that Vick has seemingly shown remorse for his actions and Chris has continued to act like an overgrown baby. However, someone's rebuttal was that dogs can't protect themselves and women can.

is saying that he isn't an ultimate dick... he is... however my issue is that Vick abused something that had NO CHOICE in the matter. While abused women tend to become "brainwashed" in a sense... being in Hollywood... I am sure that the resources and support, etc.. were available. AGAIN not making it okay. But someone who abuses something that cannot fight back... animals, babies, children, elderly,disabled... there is a special place in hell for them. It is another level of evil.

I'll never understand this logic. Abusing women is not as bad as abusing dogs because women can fight back and dogs can't?

agrajag

Banned
To be fair, the degree of harm caused to the dogs and Rihanna was not proportional. If Chris Brown threw Rihanna into a pit to fight other R&B singers to the death, then you would have a point.

I understand the logic, even though I don't totally agree with it. I thought this was going to be about those charity commercials. I hear a lot of people saying the animal ads are harder to watch than the ones with children. I replied to a woman once, "If you were walking by and saw a starving dog and a starving child, who would you help first?" ...She asked if the child was American. I removed her, despite it making some other relationships awkward.

J-Rod

I love dogs/animals/pets and have owned pets I loved more than certain people, but if it came down to choosing the life of an animal to that of a human being, I would chose the person even if I loved the animal more. People come before animals in my book.

dating-fails-see-who-wags-their-tail-car-trunk-dogs-experiment.jpg

I don't like dogs at all, but I don't find it weird that people value animals over certain humans.

I'll never have nearly as much sympathy for a capable adult as I have for a kid, a retarded person, or an animal.
An abused person can always call out for help (unless s/he's being held captive but that doesn't happen too often), an abused animal can't do shit.

Good odds that I'd save my dog's life before a complete and total stranger. Just saying.
This.
My friends/family > my pets > everything else, depending on situational context

To be fair, the degree of harm caused to the dogs and Rihanna was not proportional. If Chris Brown threw Rihanna into a pit to fight other R&B singers to the death, then you would have a point.
This, too.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider

This is the best idea.

Kinyou

You could also say that a dog is not a conscious being, so no matter how much harm you'd do to it it wouldn't be as bad as to a human.

Overall I feel like logic isn't the right way to approach a subject like this.

This is how I see it.

X hurts Y and Y may later forgive X but that doesn't mean I therefore have to also forgive X. However, it would mean I would have no legitimate right to speak about X and Y; I couldn't again say "X did this to Y, that monster" - instead I could say "X did something I can't forgive".

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i used to know someone who thought that animals were better than humans because animals never hurt each other

yup

MThanded

Good odds that I'd save my dog's life before a complete and total stranger. Just saying.
I hope I never need your help on the street. Real talk. That is ridiculous. I can truthfully say I would help a stranger over a pet. I love animals/pets but I think saving someone who may be a daughter/wife/husband/son to another person is a big deal.

danwarb

Some people value their possessions over human life; the life of the thief they shoot. It depends on the situation and who's doing the valueing.

i let go a friend like this. She seriously would do anything for animals but only judged humans and showed no sympathy for them. Terrible person imo

personally id rather see 1000 dogs slain than any human life

including my own dog

bart jr

Neo Member
To reiterate what other people said, they are different types of abuse. Vick is not only responsible for abusing another living being, but killing/torturing them as well.

I am a dog lover and despise Michael Vick, however I will say that he is more deserving of a second chance. Vick has been punished for his wrongdoings and 'paid the price'. Whether we feel it is enough or not is a different discussion, but by law he did his time. Like MTHanded said, Chris Brown is acting like a baby. It's like he thinks he's absolved of his wrongdoings since he won a Grammy.

*edit*

my bad. I addressed the facebook question mentioned and not the actual topic we are discussing, hah. I'm with scar tissue in that my outlook is friends/family(including pets) > everything else, depending on situational context.

Objectively I'd value the about them same but, and I know this will not make me popular, I'd value the life of an animal I know and love over the life of a human I have no connection with.

Human life is not really sacred; we're the same as everything else.

Amakusa

^^ That
Dogs can't buy guns last I checked, we humans can protect ourselfs more better then a dog in a pit thats been forced to fight or die.

MThanded

This thread has entered another level of crazy.

I hope all you people who would save a pet over a person never run into your dopplegangers in your time of need. Someone would need to explain to your family that a bystander chose their dog over your life. Thats going to be an awkward conversation. I wonder how your family would feel about that.

ToxicAdam

Tell them that there is no hell and Micheal Vick is actually going to a better place then they are when they are both dead.

(I'm assuming Vick's coffin will be much nicer)

dudeworld

What if the total stranger needed to be saved from your dog, which is brutally attacking him and the man has a gun and is about to shoot your dog. And you have a gun too. Do you shoot the man before he shoots your dog or do you shoot your dog before he kills the man?

x-Lundz-x

Chris Brown beat someone up because he is a complete scumbag and it was one incident. Michael Vick tortured, maimed, killed, brutalized defenseless animals over the course of months/years and to top it off funded the whole thing. He should have his fucking balls cut off . However they are both piece of shit human beings.

When my dog shit in the room when he was a puppy, I told him he was bad, and now he shits outside. Rihanna is still shiting in the room.

I went on the post to say that Vick has seemingly shown remorse for his actions and Chris has continued to act like an overgrown baby. However, someone's rebuttal was that dogs can't protect themselves and women can.

Dog are powerful enough to kill. They fucking bite like there is no tomorrow. They can protect them self if they need to.

I'd value the life of an animal I know and love over the life of a human I have no connection with.

Human life is not really sacred; we're the same as everything else.

Full ack, especially the bolded.

I'd even go a step farther: if I had the choice between the last animals of an endangered species vs a human stranger, there is no way I would choose the human.

Big-E

One guy beat up his girlfriend which is disgraceful and he is pretty much a fucking prick, the other guy kept dogs to fight to the death and if they lost, he himself would execute them in disturbingly violent ways. The two are no comparable as mentioned really. I stand firmly on the animal side in most of these threads and it is always both sides can't understand where each side is coming from. Punching a women is despicable but she is alive, Michael Vicks dogs were abused and then killed in a disgusting fashion. Punching a woman is horrible but it ain't sadistic.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Honestly I have no respect in the slightest for the majority of people I meet. I would care more about a kid (never had a chance to not be a dumb sack of shit) or a dog suffering/dying than a thousand "average" people.

Bladenic

A dog generally shows contempt for an abusive owner. At least, they won't go back to them.

Women go back. Rihanna went back. They deserve less sympathy.

What precisely does it mean to "deserve a second chance?"

If the question is which is the worse of abusing other humans and abusing animals, I'd say abusing animals is slightly worse. But I'd put children, mentally or otherwise incapacitated adults and the like on the same level as those animals. In a relationship between two consenting adults, the abused party retains the option of walking away, even if she elects not to for whatever reason. The incapacitated don't have the same option.

MThanded

Full ack, especially the bolded.

I'd even go a step farther: if I had the choice between the last animals of an endangered species vs a human stranger, there is no way I would choose the human.
Honestly I have no respect in the slightest for the majority of people I meet.  I would care more about a kid (never had a chance to not be a dumb sack of shit) or a dog suffering/dying than a thousand "average" people.
W2cdX.gif

Dog are powerful enough to kill. They fucking bite like there is no tomorrow. They can protect them self if they need to.

You can control a dog with leashes, muzzles and the like, which is totally fine and legal. So the dog can't harm you before or after the fight.
You can't control a human like that without stepping into illegal territory.

Black-Box

omg horrible person, how could anyone say that? what would you think if people said that to you?

I would rather have someones pet die, than risk my own life knowing that, if I get in trouble the family won't try to save me

agrajag

Banned
Chris Brown beat someone up because he is a complete scumbag and it was one incident. Michael Vick tortured, maimed, killed, brutalized defenseless animals over the course of months/years and to top it off funded the whole thing. He should have his fucking balls cut off . However they are both piece of shit human beings.

/thread

This thread has entered another level of crazy.

I hope all you people who would save a pet over a person never run into your dopplegangers in your time of need. Someone would need to explain to your family that a bystander chose their dog over your life. Thats going to be an awkward conversation. I wonder how your family would feel about that.
The OP is really poorly constructed; it's not at all clear which of several possible questions is being asked.

For example, I think abusing dogs is a marginally worse crime than abusing women, but if I had to intervene to save a woman or a dog I'd save the woman. Disambiguate your question.

MThanded

The OP is really poorly constructed; it's not at all clear which of several possible questions is being asked.

The OP has nothing to do with this. People have put their own opinions into this thread.

I did not ask this in the OP. They coughed up this information on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom