• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

You know what, this looks great. I don't even care about what's different or what was taken from CoD or what's gone or whatever anymore, this looks amazing. I'm sick of being negative and critical of every little thing, and this looks great, and I'll take any change for whatever reason to get away from the mess of a game that was Reach. I don't care if that makes me Team SLRP or whatever dumb label but I really want to love playing Halo again and based on everything I've seen of this game I will. 343, this is perfect, don't change anything. Unless you want to, I guess, I don't care it looks great. Just make it great, it looks like you are though so just keep that up I guess.

"And he learned to love Big Brother."
I think the game looks great too

Sordid

Why wasn't this just a card with a code for the pass on it, instead of buy points -> redeem points -> buy pass? Seems like a weird case of middlemanitis.

I'd imagine it's because they're making cards that are going into the limited edition without the bonus helmets etc, saves them making 2 sets of codes/cards if you can only buy it from the marketplace outwith the LE.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You know what, this looks great. I don't even care about what's different or what was taken from CoD or what's gone or whatever anymore, this looks amazing. I'm sick of being negative and critical of every little thing, and this looks great, and I'll take any change for whatever reason to get away from the mess of a game that was Reach. I don't care if that makes me Team SLRP or whatever dumb label but I really want to love playing Halo again and based on everything I've seen of this game I will. 343, this is perfect, don't change anything. Unless you want to, I guess, I don't care it looks great. Just make it great, it looks like you are though so just keep that up I guess.
I'm almost there with you. Halo 4 looks amazing, and it looks a hell of a lot better than Reach, but there's some apparent flaws that I'll probably continue to complain about well after launch. I mean, I still hear people complain about bloom on a regular basis. I don't know if Halo 4 will have anything as bad as Reach bloom, but I'm sure there's something that will make me rage post a year from now.

9hejA.jpg

feel

Team Throater just got its first member.

I'll stay negative to neutral about the game until I play it next week but I can't believe some of the stuff added to the game will be enjoyable for me. The weapon spawning system for example.

Mirrors my feelings exactly. Bravo.

Welcome to the club.

Team SLRP!

(Honestly, who is gonna use that as their Service Tag in H4? I might.)

Trey

Ya'll not on my level. I still love Reach while being fully cognizant of all its annoying traits. If I had to play only one game until the release of Halo 4, it would be Reach.

That being said, I'm not quite sure how I feel about H4. It's Halo, it looks great, but I never had doubt like this going into a Halo release. It's not even over AAs and bloom. The game just feels...off.

FyreWulff

I'd imagine it's because they're making cards that are going into the limited edition without the bonus helmets etc, saves them making 2 sets of codes/cards if you can only buy it from the marketplace outwith the LE.

I have noticed it's gotten harder to buy the map pack codes from Gamestop.

when they first came out: "3 noble codes plz" "that'll be 30$" "k"

bit later on: "3 defiant codes plz" "here's one, 10$" "uh, sure"

nowadays: "can I have a defiant map pack and noble map pack code?" "dunno what you're talking about lol"

go online to buy it: order stays in purgatory then gamestop cancels it 12 hours later

It's why I stopped giving them out :(

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Okay, so here's a random question for everyone: If Reach was branded(and skinned) as ODST MP would you have been more accepting of the changes it brought?

No I'm not saying H3: ODST, I just mean ODST in general.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Okay, so here's a random question for everyone: If Reach was branded(and skinned) as ODST MP would you have been more accepting of the changes it brought?

You can only polish a pile of trash (relatively speaking) so much.

Well it wasnt very fun, so probably not.

I am upset Reach was essentially a mainline Halo title from the point of view the series will probably never shed the crap it brought on board though. :(

nope. if the changes were good i'd be more accepting. the changes made to reach seem half-assed

Shadders

That's my double kill! Love that Sticky Detonator.

Really great questions.

Shame Frank wouldn't budge on a few of them.

I knew he wouldn't be able to answer a few, but given that opportunity you have to ask those questions.

It was a whirlwind few days, met a load of awesome people and now have a rotten case of PAX Pox (sounds better than EGEXPO Pox). I'm surprised at the amount of videos popping up, I kept getting asked not to film. One guy even came and stood in front of my camera so I couldn't film. :/

mhi

We've seen the work you've done to flesh out Grifball and Infection and make them feel more like full featured modes. Are there any other modes that have seen a similar lick of paint? SWAT, maybe?

No, we've shown all the major changes now, we put a lot of work into Flood and Grifball as those have always been really popular modes. There will be some minor tweaks here and there, but we've shown all the big surprises. Obviously CTF has seen some significant changes too, but there's nothing else on that scale.

Damn, I had no idea. I thought they were more niche.

lol perfect response.

I feel like that's pretty much what those of us that have played the game have tried to convey. Yes, the game is different than any other Halo game, and some aspects are a large departure from what we know as "Halo", but the game is just damn fun. The core mechanics are good, and there is a good balance between the different aspects/elements in the game.

Anti-classic Halo SLRP post: I enjoyed the shit out earning personal ordnance.

blamite
SlrpMembers
(Today, 05:00 PM)

I agree, but I will continue to be negative anyway

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Anti-classic Halo SLRP post: I enjoyed the shit out earning personal ordnance.

Yep, this so much.

I've heard them being compared to killstreaks and that's so far from the truth. Most killstreaks from COD are passive sequences where the AI takes over for you, but ordnance drops require actual player involvement and skill.

Sorry guys, had to leave.

Good luck with the rest of the achievements you need.

Yeah my bad Barlow, mongo didn't have the maps and we haven't played together for a while but seemed like you had a full party so :]

Interesting that in this video at ~7:00 mins (and 8:20 w/ nade) you can see the Regeneration Field never stops trying to regenerate your shield, so nice try if you miss a bullet and they're also using Shielding ;]

-plant a regen field around the corner-
-get shot, run back into field to quickly start regenerating-
-enter back into fight with full shields-

^Same goes for your teammates who are using other AA's.. lol oh boy and the guy in this vid says it's slower than Reach when he also clearly didn't notice he had an Ordnance Drop to use..

Top Bottom