• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "Test your accent" thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahasverus

Hi everyone! This thread idea was born in the Accents thread. The idea is very simple, we'll record ourselves saying this test text:
Please call Stella. Ask her to bring these things with her from the store: Six spoons of fresh snow peas, five thick slabs of blue cheese, and maybe a snack for her brother Bob. We also need a small plastic snake and a big toy frog for the kids. She can scoop these things into three red bags, and we will go meet her Wednesday at the train station.
Then we'll post the audio here, AND, I don't know, probably mock each other or something.
Ok perhaps not, but we could share our observations about each other's accent :D What is the sexiest? The most interesting? the more exotic? Who knows.!! There's also the that we probably have an internal "assigned voice" for some gaffers, it would be interesting to hear the real one!

I think I shall begin. I'm from Colombia, but don't expect some Sofia vergara level of butchering lol.I have never ever had to speak english in real life, only to myself, so this should sound lots of funny.

Edit: NEW RULE: DON'T POST YOUR COUNTRY! This is a guessing game now!

http://vocaroo.com/i/s05yUTAhCejP

You can use Vocaroo to upload your recording!

Would be more interesting to not post your country and have people try and guess your accent (provided they play fair and not snoop through post history).

stufte

That sounded nothing like

Please call Stella. Ask her to bring these things with her from the store: Six spoons of fresh snow peas, five thick slabs of blue cheese, and maybe a snack for her brother Bob. We also need a small plastic snake and a big toy frog for the kids. She can scoop these things into three red bags, and we will go meet her Wednesday at the train station.

Ahasverus

image.php

my country is on my profile page, lol.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0A9JeY8rvur
germany?

Ahasverus

Saganator

Accents are cool and all but I actually find it more interesting how people read the paragraph differently. I'm not going to bother, my accent is non-existent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom