• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AUSTRALIAN Wii U Launch Details - $350/$430 [Price guide post #328]

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Picked up a copy of Mario today at Kmart for $69. Also went to pick up Call of Duty but it was $99. Yeah... I don't think so. Will order from Ozgameshop. Bring on Monday!! Unless my Wii U has been delivered to my doorstep and consequently been stolen.

Is anyone having problems registering their Nintendo Netword ID? I keep getting error 102-2128 when it tries to load the privacy policy. I can connect to the Internet and use the web browser just fine.

Peagles

Is anyone having problems registering their Nintendo Netword ID? I keep getting error 102-2128 when it tries to load the privacy policy. I can connect to the Internet and use the web browser just fine.

Just found this for you on Nintendo's Tech Forums, could be helpful?

18-Nov-2012 14:19 in response to: KORDESH1
Re: Unable to create new Nintendo Network ID, error
So I called Nintendo they sloved the promble. This is what they did:
go to settings>Internet settings>DNS they had me change my to primary 8.8.8.8 and 2nd to 8.8.4.4
and now i can get on to the network and make my account ^_^

simtmb

What a long and busy day. Going to pickup my local EB pre-order at around 7:30-8. Printed the Kmart price page, so hopefully they match off that xD

Peagles

Thanks so much man! Kinda sucks that they don't just have it set to Google's DNS out of the box.

Yay glad it worked! I have no idea why it happens on some Wii Us and not others, mine was fine without having to set up anything. Maybe that's why it doesn't come like that default? I dunno.

A87bQCqCIAE7rB-.png

NNID is BoxofBunnies if anyone wants to add me.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
will add you box and mistle later tonight, mines NiickU

some one shpould make a spread sheet or google docs? i tried but i couldnt work it out :(

Is it worth buying one despite the slow OS, crashes/errors, etc? I'm still undecided.

Stupid question. Can you watch tv on the gamepad? In guessing no.

Is it worth buying one despite the slow OS, crashes/errors, etc? I'm still undecided.

Find somebody who has one, and try it out. I would suggest that overall it's probably not worth it at launch, although I'm not really upset with my purchase because I know that, worst comes to worst, I'll still get the first party stuff I enjoy from Nintendo, and the shitty software / bad ports at launch situation is going to improve over time.

Can you watch tv on the gamepad? In guessing no.

No, but you can search Youtube for old MST3k episodes, which is better than real TV.

Unwell Cat

Neo Member
Went for a basic unit in the end from JB Hifi and picked up Mario, Sonic and Scribblenaughts as they were doing Sonic + some others for $40 when purchased with the console.

I walked in at 09:30 and walked straight out with the Wii U within 5 mins. The lady behind the counter said they had only sold 2 units so far.

My ID is Unwell_Cat is anyone feels like adding me and I'll add from this thread over the weekend.

Got mine at JB HiFi and there were a bunch of pre ordered ones sitting on the floor, about 10 of them.
Another dozen were on the shelf, one of which I bought.
Didn't think there would be so many by late afternoon

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
I picked mine up (Deluxe Bundle) from EB Games on a pre order. No issue with price matching at K-Mart.

I also picked up:

(a) NSMB:U;
(b) ZombiU; and
(c) A Pro Controller.

So far I am loving: (i) the slow place of ZombiU; (ii) finally having Mario in HD; (iii) the way the gamepad seamlessly interacts with the system; (iv) reading posts on the Miiverse; and (v) being able to use the gamepad when the cricket was/is on!

I wish the OS was a little faster but, of course, navigating the OS gets better once you know what you are doing with the system.

Ps. I could not register ZombiU earlier today on the Club Nintendo Website but it is working now.

HolyCheck

bloody hell. What an experience with the nintendo forum game world thing.

played zombi u for like 30 mins, then checked out the forums, and the latest image was from EatChildren, then 20 mins later mistle liked the photo and obv. saw me there and sent me a friend request.

crazy small world

MaxSanson

Neo Member
OK I am actually really impressed by the way the gamepad interacts with the system, little things like the two toned music. The interface is really slow as people have said before and a little more convoluted than it needs to (ie why a friends list AND Miiverse, why not combined)

I dropping into Kmart in the afternoon to see if they had ZombiU yet, saw tons of Black premiums in the cabinet behind them. I don't think there was much hype for this thing

NNID is MaxSanson
Ill start adding you guys

Go AusGAF

imek

I called Nintendo Australia, so, the one in Nintendoland IS your premium bundle. I was worried mine was missing, came home from work looking for it and called Nintendo to sort it.

So, to register your Wii U Premium, use the code inside Nintendoland! Then link your Wii U to your Club Nintendo account to activate premium membership (10% rebate on digital).

Hmm, I tried to register the games yesterday during work and found that the registration page said you couldn't redeem the games just yet.... so went and linked my account on the Wii anyway and bought two eShop games, then registered the games this morning.

Hope it still includes those two in the 10% rebate.

Nintendo ID is mekzero (damn annoying having to have 6 character usernames).

simtmb

Thanks GAF. Managed to price match everything, walked out with Mario, ZombiU, and Premium Bundle. EB didn't have the Pro controller i ordered :(

My NNID: SimTMB
Thankfully the same as my steam id.

HolyCheck

anyone know how to send some one a friend request? all i can manage to do is add your NNID and then it requires you to do the same. unless i find you in the miiverse some where , as there i can add you right away

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
anyone know how to send some one a friend request? all i can manage to do is add your NNID and then it requires you to do the same. unless i find you in the miiverse some where , as there i can add you right away

Add friends by searching for NNID's in the Miiverse and sending a request when looking at someone's profile. Unlike the friend's list function this does not require mutual entry of IDs.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully they fix that friends list complication. For some reason though it seems intentional.

Yeah it's a real oddity. I think intuitively the friend's list area will be the first place people will go to add friends (at least that's what I did first).

P.s the cricket is heartbreaking.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
System registration appears to be up. Log in and go "My Account-> See All My Registered Games and Systems" and if you've linked your Club Nintendo account there should be a registration option next to the console.

Ban Puncher

System registration appears to be up. Log in and go "My Account-> See All My Registered Games and Systems" and if you've linked your Club Nintendo account there should be a registration option next to the console.

Done and done.

Was Tekken supposed to come with a Club Nintendo card?

Peagles

One of club nintendo codes ripped when I pulled the sticker off it... Any options?

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to scratch them. I did the same once too though before I knew they were scratch ones, and so i just scratched the silver then placed the ripped part back over where it was and the code showed up. Hope that makes sense.

Mistle

Ah, thanks!

Jeez I've got 5000 stars now. Hopefully there's something cool on the catalogue when it comes back online.

Surfheart

Good stuff thanks!

I will add everyone in this thread when I get home.

My NNID is Surfheart

1200 Points total for a premium bundle is pretty awesome....

I see Mario Face Towels in all our futures!!

HolyCheck

the time remaining on my update keeps going up :(

40 mins.. 1 hour.. 1 20.. 2.. 3... 4... 5... :(

some one needs to make us a google docs or something for accounts :( I really dont know how

jercruz

Funny thing...

So I preordered my Wii U from Big W a few weeks back. Then 2 weeks ago I cancelled it, a few days later I got the credit card refund. So that's that.

Then on monday, I got a suprise delivery from Big W. Yup, its the cancelled Wii U deluxe loooool

So now I have 2 Wii U deluxe. What a Christmas!

( I called them up and asked permission to keep it. I have to return it :( )

As for the mega-OS updates, instead of waiting I just went out for a jog. When I came back it was finished.

HolyCheck

I'm a bit dumb... log in where?

also I keep trying to run the latest update and it fails at teh end :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm a bit dumb... log in where?

also I keep trying to run the latest update and it fails at teh end :(

www.nintendo.com.au
Top menu, click Club Nintendo.
Top left of page, click Log In.
Click My Account on the red bar.
Click "See All My Registered Games & Systems" under My Latest Registered Product.
Wii U Premium Pack (Black) or whatever should be at the top of the list.
Click the link next to it to start the survey and register your account.

Your Club Nintendo account will need to be linked to your system if you haven't done so already on the eStore.

HolyCheck

www.nintendo.com.au
Top menu, click Club Nintendo.
Top left of page, click Log In.
Click My Account on the red bar.
Click "See All My Registered Games & Systems" under My Latest Registered Product.
Wii U Premium Pack (Black) or whatever should be at the top of the list.
Click the link next to it to start the survey and register your account.

Your Club Nintendo account will need to be linked to your system if you haven't done so already on the eStore.

lol thanks.

I was poking around on my Wii U trying to find it

Well finally felt well enough today to set my WiiU up, whatever Virus I had really kicked the crap out of me, took a few days to just be able to get the energy together to even open the box up (great way to spend your holidays, sick and in bed). Anyway set it up, all I've had a look at was a few downloadable games. Might check out Mario or Darksiders tomorrow. Was able to set up with a UK account so made getting games like Trine 2 easy.

If any AusGafers want to add me to their Friends List, name is Worthintendo.

Top Bottom