• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragonball Xenoverse announced for Steam

XDDX

Namco confirmed it during their TGS stream.

Bx8gORVIMAAnfZL.jpg:large

Also a new trailer in english which also confirms Steam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgouvz7vmPI

I'm loving all of this steam support. I mean, it totally makes sense considering the size of the market but I'm still really happy about it.

desmax

Well, Naruto did well on PC's, so this was a no-brainer.

Still nice to see Namco giving attention to the platform

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
FINALLY a dbz game on steam. I thought the day would never come.

Edit - And then I watched the trailer. Looks a lot like that Vita DBZ game I finished entirely/ hated.

entremet

With the Lighting trilogy coming to Steam, MGS5 coming as well, and Capcom's generally decent PC support, it seems Bandai Namco is the last big publisher without any big PC releases--no Tekken, no Soul Calibur, no Tales.

What could be causing this? It seems that it can be a great avenue for additional revenue. Namco's end has a amazing catalog and some genre defining IP--Tekken of course, Ace Combat--The PS2 games are screaming for HD remakes--Tales, their huge arcade catalog.

Why Bamco? Why do you ignore the PC?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
With the Lighting trilogy coming to Steam, MGS5 coming as well, and Capcom's generally decent PC support, it seems Bandai Namco is the last big publisher without any big PC releases--no Tekken, no Soul Calibur, no Tales.

What could be causing this? It seems that it can be a great avenue for additional revenue. Namco's end has a amazing catalog and some genre defining IP--Tekken of course, Ace Combat--The PS2 games are screaming for HD remakes--Tales, their huge arcade catalog.

Why Bamco? Why do you ignore the PC?

I think they made a shitload of money on Dark Souls 1 and 2. Anecdotally, every last one of my 100 or so steam friends has at least the first one. Would lead me to believe they'll start dropping more stuff on steam. That ace combat game on steam is ass tho.

lmpaler

It still amazes me how a show I watched as a teenager is still prevalent and STILL making money today when it has been over for like 15 years lol

After playing Naruto, jojo, and Asura's Wrath, I'm thinking Cyberconnect2 need to get their hand on the DB franchise. Those guys have a way with anime battles and cinematics like no other studio.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
It still amazes me how a show I watched as a teenager is still prevalent and STILL making money today when it has been over for like 15 years lol

That new movie was pretty good, man. Saying that as a dude who hadn't watched it since being a teenager.

Well god dammit. Now I have to go from ignoring it completely and calling it a trash since after Tenkaichi 3, to probably jumping for this immediately at a decent discount.

Seriously though, it needs to not be shit. Fool me once...

Tenck

Oh my. Please more Japanese support!!!

Seeing less reasons to keep my Xbox one and PS4 now. Now hoping the 970 fits in my case and I'll be so happy.

Right now PC is more of a competitor to the PS4 this gen than X1....

Really seeing no reason for a PS4 aside from Naughty Dog games. Especially since The Order: 1886 has a high percentage of not delivering.

JSoup

Banned
GT characters seem to be in the game. Some says he spotted GT customization content during one of the videos.

Here's hoping that the whole "save the DB history!" thing allows for the complete obliteration of everything GT. I'd pay good money to see that.

Oh my goodness, Steam is getting all the shounen games.

On the one hand, I'm not a really big fan of shounen or action anime. My favourite shounen action anime is probably Soul Eater. Because there's so much better diversity in gender and race than a lot of other anime. Soul Eater as a female main character. And has many other important female characters. And there are many important dark skinned characters in Soul Eater, too. While Naruto has several female characters, they usually aren't as important as male characters. And while Dragon Ball was a really important early anime, and it was from a different time, it was even more of a guy-fest. There were almost no important female characters. It was all about male bodybuilders trying to become stronger and stronger.

I really didn't like that. And I'm really not a big Dragon Ball fan. Dr. Slump is my favourite Toriyama anime. So I'm probably even less excited about this game than the Naruto games. At least the Naruto games would have lots of female characters for me to play as.

But on the other hand and stuff, Namco Bandai is probably my favourite big Japanese video game company. Tales is my most favourite RPG series ever. And probably most most favourite video game series of all time. Tales of Symphonia is my most favourite game of all time ever. I like it even better than my favourite 16-Bit RPGs. And Klonoa 2: Luntea's Veil is one of most favourite video games of all time. It's in my top 10 favourite PlayStation 2 games at the very least.

So I'm actually super super excited about this! Because even though I'm really not a fan of Dragon Ball, this means that Namco Bandai are putting more and more games on Steam! So I'm definitely going to buy and support it! A lot of these games like Naruto and Dragon Ball type actiony shounen stuff are more Bandai type stuff than Namco. Hopefully someday Namco will put more of their stuff on Steam! I'm so excited that maybe someday I'll be able to play Tales and Klonoa games on Steam! Oh please oh please let my dream come true! I would be so happy!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Oh my goodness, Steam is getting all the shounen games.

On the one hand, I'm not a really big fan of shounen or action anime. My favourite shounen action anime is probably Soul Eater. Because there's so much better diversity in gender and race than a lot of other anime. Soul Eater as a female main character. And has many other important female characters. And there are many important dark skinned characters in Soul Eater, too. While Naruto has several female characters, they usually aren't as important as male characters. And while Dragon Ball was a really important early anime, and it was from a different time, it was even more of a guy-fest. There were almost no important female characters. It was all about male bodybuilders trying to become stronger and stronger.

I really didn't like that. And I'm really not a big Dragon Ball fan. Dr. Slump is my favourite Toriyama anime. So I'm probably even less excited about this game than the Naruto games. At least the Naruto games would have lots of female characters for me to play as.

But on the other hand and stuff, Namco Bandai is probably my favourite big Japanese video game company. Tales is my most favourite RPG series ever. And probably most most favourite video game series of all time. Tales of Symphonia is my most favourite game of all time ever. I like it even better than my favourite 16-Bit RPGs. And Klonoa 2: Luntea's Veil is one of most favourite video games of all time. It's in my top 10 favourite PlayStation 2 games at the very least.

So I'm actually super super excited about this! Because even though I'm really not a fan of Dragon Ball, this means that Namco Bandai are putting more and more games on Steam! So I'm definitely going to buy and support it! A lot of these games like Naruto and Dragon Ball type actiony shounen stuff are more Bandai type stuff than Namco. Hopefully someday Namco will put more of their stuff on Steam! I'm so excited that maybe someday I'll be able to play Tales and Klonoa games on Steam! Oh please oh please let my dream come true! I would be so happy!

you can't say it's getting "all" the shounen games when the biggest shounen of them all, One Piece, is still missing. Shit's bigger than Dragon Ball and Naruto combined

Teknoman

If people can mod in the original music from the series and it runs at an uncapped 60 fps...could be worth it for PC.

Top Bottom