• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just bought a PS4 off ebay. Seller has 0 feedback + used a stock picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ebay. Chances are, you will get your money back if you file a scam if you didn't receive anything but an empty box.

It's your fault if it turns out to be in pieces, but eBay insures you so don't worry

At least you didn't buy say a GTX 1070 over Craigslist and use Google Wallet

Orbis

$150? Setting fire to $150 would've been just as productive.

Edit: But yeah, as people have said, if it's a scam you should be protected.

Fliesen

Seeing as people keep saying that - in the case of a dispute - ebay usually sides with the buyer, you should be fine, right?

why brag about making a dumb decision, though?

Ozigizo

You are probably the proud new owner of a couple bricks! Congratulations OP!

Don't worry too much, EBay is all about buyer support, so it won't take too much effort to get refunded.

curious if anyone's ever had a good outcome in similar circumstances

No, I got some counterfeit stuff the last time I went with a 0/0.

Ibuki

Banned
You really wanted to take the gamble? Well, enjoy your time spent receiving the box of rocks and going through the charge back process.

Media

Did the seller contact you on an alternate method of payment? As long as you paid through eBays system you should be good.

I was gonna give the guy the benefit of the doubt; everyone is a new seller at some point, and sometimes stock photos are perfectly acceptable... but then I saw the price you paid.

Lmao, you got scammed, fam.

Don't sweat it too much. eBay will absolutely refund your money.

m702MoM.png

Sounds legit to me......

Podge293

Ask him for a copy of the serial number (shouldn't be an issue for him)

If he doesn't give it, ask for a refund. It'll stop him getting the money out of his PayPal

Klotera

I wouldn't trust a listing with a stock picture on any seller that isn't clearly a bulk seller (with lots of feedback to show). Doesn't mean that a non-stock picture is guaranteed, but it's a little better.

Ashhong

I wouldn't worry for a second if I was you. Paypal so heavily favors the buyer that it's not even funny. Not to mention credit card protection if your card has that.

Social

I think you can trust this man, it's a nice experiment. A shiny new PS4 is on its way to you! I support you and am rooting for you!

foxdvd

I bought an xbox 360 years ago that was an amazing deal...about half what a working 360 was going for at the time..it ended up being console banned. I got my money back from paypal no problem...

jm89

Record the entire unboxing process and even when you sign for it. That way at least you have some proof if the buyer screws you over.

Although paypal will probably with side with you considering the reputation of the buyer.

If you're rich enough to waste $150 on a small chance of getting a PS4 from ebay you're rich enough to spend $400 on a 100% chance of getting a PS4 from Best Buy.

You got a potential steal at 150$.

You paid thru PayPal so your protected.

Sounds like a clueless parent wants to get rid of a game console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom