• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24-Player Bomberman Coming...

deamentia

Hudson Hawk
... to mobile phones... in Japan! I wish the US carriers could get their acts together like the Japanese. This looks like it could be fun.

Here's all things Hudson at this year's TGS!
http://www.hudsonent.com/feature.php?feature_id=53

tgs2006_03.jpg

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
You really need to get this on Xbox Live Arcade:

htbm-flyer-1.png

The first HD game and 360 seems a perfect fit.

The 10-player mode in Saturn Bomberman was a gimped version of Hi-Ten Bomberman, it would be great to finally be able to play the full version.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
deamentia, goto the Hudson head offices, get your president.... "Hiroshi Kudo", he'll do, clear your throat and declare "yo, mofo, get that super bomberman on Xbox Live Arcade with 4 player live, no, 8, maybe 16, just more than 3".

Ok? Cool, I'll start refreshing majornelson

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Damnit! I knew he was going to say phone...

Come on Hudson. Each system has online now...no excuses. Lets make something happen people!

deamentia

Hudson Hawk
McBacon said:
deamentia, goto the Hudson head offices, get your president.... "Hiroshi Kudo", he'll do, clear your throat and declare "yo, mofo, get that super bomberman on Xbox Live Arcade with 4 player live, no, 8, maybe 16, just more than 3".

Ok? Cool, I'll start refreshing majornelson

:)
Oddly enough, I work very closely with Mr. Kudo's son.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
hudson likes to repeatedly tease with the bomberman license. I see no bombing of men in the wii version.

Just make it like that arcade game + online - emo future shock robots gogogogogo

Hellraizah

Another Hudson thread, another disappointment.

By the way, deamentia, get all the Hudson employees at the same place, at the same time. Ask : "Please raise your hand if you think Act Zero was a good idea"

Then count the total number of people, count the total number of raised hands. Divide the number of raised hands by the total number of people.

Voilà.

You got the percentage of mentally challenged people working with you.

TreIII

Ehhh...well, I'm hoping this is just for the sake of a quick test-bed sort of thing. If it works on the mobile scene, then chances are that Hudson will feel lucky and bring this thing to the likes of LA and Wii's VC down the road.

Of course, with 360 already having Act Zero...wouldn't bringing "classic/t3h kiddy" Bomberman there PROVE that Act Zero wasn't necessary in the first place...? :lol

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
So what is the score with PC-Engine/TurboGrafx games on the Virtual Console in Europe? Are we just never going to get them because the console was never released here?

Not having Bomberman '94 here would be a crime against humanity. That's the best version of Bomberman ever released.

Nash said:
So what is the score with PC-Engine/TurboGrafx games on the Virtual Console in Europe? Are we just never going to get them because the console was never released here?

Not having Bomberman '94 here would be a crime against humanity. That's the best version of Bomberman ever released.

It's going to be offline-only. :(

I still have '94 on HuCard and it's a favorite. I guess it'll be an easy translation since the Megadrive version was already localized. I wonder if they'll bring over games that were never translated in any format.

GilloD

Banned
Dementia,

You're our line inside Hudson. XBLA.

X
B
LA. XBLA!

It's so simple! So obvious! Do you hate money? What's the HOLD UP

dock

XBLA or PS3 would be nice for high-def bomberman, but I'm not certain its necessary to be honest.

A Wii version of the game would be awesome, and could even support eight players offline. Four Gamecube controllers, and four wiimotes! The resolution of 853 x 480 would be more than sufficient space considering the resolution of 2D bomberman sprites.

So yeah... A multiplayer-only online+offline bomberman on Wii would be cool! Could be a VC download too. (though it looks like we'll get SNES or Megadrive bomberman on launch via VC with Wii anyway)

Bomberman 94? Is there more info on it?

dock UK said:
XBLA or PS3 would be nice for high-def bomberman, but I'm not certain its necessary to be honest.

A Wii version of the game would be awesome, and could even support eight players offline. Four Gamecube controllers, and four wiimotes! The resolution of 853 x 480 would be more than sufficient space considering the resolution of 2D bomberman sprites.

I don't think any of us crying for XBLA Bomberman are doing so because of high-def. It's all about it being a well-implemented, proven online service.

Saturn Bomberman proves that 640x480i can provide an excellent Bomberman experience with up to ten players...and that 320x240 is fine for eight players.

Wii is all fine and well but let's face it, it isn't going to be online at launch and realistically it isn't likely to be a very well-implemented service for some time. XBLA is here and now. Both platforms deserve some good Bomberman but XBLA deserves it today.

(though it looks like we'll get SNES or Megadrive bomberman on launch via VC with Wii anyway)

Hudson already has a PC-Engine/Turbografx emulator for VC, so I think you'll be getting one of those. At their recent NYC event something looking a lot like Bomberman '94 was spotted.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hudson could gain a lot of goodwill and attention from ressurrecting Hi-Ten Bomberman for XBLA, as not only would it be 10-player online Bomberman but it would also be giving fans the chance to play the only unreleased Bomeberman game.

It was never released commerically, and only used at Hudson's HQ in Japan and on a roadshow that went round Japan.

Hi-Ten_Bomberman_Foto1.jpg

Hi-Ten_Bomberman_Foto2.jpg

There was a lot in it that didn't make it to the cut-down Saturn 10-player mode, like multiple stages, and the arrows in the above shot.

Hi-Ten_Bomberman_Foto4.jpg

Look at that HD Bomberman goodness!

GIVE US HI-TEN BOMBERMAN!

Nash said:
There was a lot in it that didn't make it to the cut-down Saturn 10-player mode, like multiple stages, and the arrows in the above shot.

There is a code that will give you two conveyer belts and four teleporters in 10-player Saturn Bomberman. Hey, it's still pretty sweet.

TreIII

Nash said:
Hudson could gain a lot of goodwill and attention from ressurrecting Hi-Ten Bomberman for XBLA, as not only would it be 10-player online Bomberman but it would also be giving fans the chance to play the only unreleased Bomeberman game.

It was never released commerically, and only used at Hudson's HQ in Japan and on a roadshow that went round Japan.

Hi-Ten_Bomberman_Foto1.jpg

GIVE US HI-TEN BOMBERMAN!

O_O

Second that...!

Hudsonsoft! If you're already practically sitting on this stuff, then what else is necessary? Revivify that game!

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
beermonkey@tehbias said:
There is a code that will give you two conveyer belts and four teleporters in 10-player Saturn Bomberman. Hey, it's still pretty sweet.

Oh don't get me wrong, Saturn Bomberman is still very good. And the last good Bomberman.

But the 5-player game was inferior to Bomberman '94 (buggered-up kangeroos, worse stages ...), and the 10-player mode sounds inferior to Hi-Ten Bomberman. So it always left you wondering what could have been.

Hudson could make some of this right by releasing Hi-Ten!

SailorDaravon said:
God when was the last time Hudson made a good decision?

Indeed.

Question... sorta stupid, but I always knew the Hi-Ten game was widescreen back in the day... but it wasn't "hi-def" was it? I know the standards we have today are not the same as back in the mid-90's, so I'm curious about widescreen television, and gaming, from back then.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
FortNinety said:
Indeed.

Question... sorta stupid, but I always knew the Hi-Ten game was widescreen back in the day... but it wasn't "hi-def" was it? I know the standards we have today are not the same as back in the mid-90's, so I'm curious about widescreen television, and gaming, from back then.

I think the standards (and maybe the resolution?) were different back then, but it was essentially the first HD videogame:

Hi-TEN Bomberman was the world's first HD-TV video game and was used by Hudson Soft to demonstrate their HD-TV technology. The first version demoed at the 1993 Hudson Soft "Super Caravan" as part of a Bomberman competition and ran using two PC Engine CoreGrafx (5 players on each machine) and a computer to output to the HD-TV. For the 1994 contest, the game was apparently updated to run on a Project Tetsujin "IronMan" prototype board, which many believe eventually became the PC-FX. This version of Bomberman featured up to 10 players and purportedly included Bonk, though this has not been confirmed. Hi-TEN Bomberman was later ported to the Sega Saturn under the name Saturn Bomberman, and Saturn Bomberman does feature Bonk, so it is likely that Hi-Ten also featured Bonk. In 1993, Hi-TEN Bomberman was given the Committee Chairman's Award at the "High Vision Awards 93" hosted by the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications. Many believe that the game was never released on the PC-FX due to NEC's strict content guidelines on the system, though it was eventually ported to the Sega Saturn.

Even more reason to put it on an HD console!

Top Bottom