• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Wire - New Platforms, New Players: Four Fan-Favorite Xbox Games Coming to Nintendo Switch and Sony Platforms

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Big daddy Phil still has a stranglehold.

Sad Am Fine GIF by MOODMAN

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Wait till its one after the other. I wonder if he will say the same in the near future.

Microsoft are the only ones that can stop this. All they have to do is say they won't release anymore than those 4.

And thus the rumor mill continues.
They won't say it because they fully intend to port everything. This is just the foreplay.

And I can already see the next narrative, "These ports are good as PS and Nintendo players subsidize day one Game Pass releases, and that's all I need, baby!"

But they won't tell why Game Pass needs to be subsidized if it was so profitable 😄

AREYOUOKAY?

Arrr… Rareware games on ye PlayStation console be all kinds of heresy mateys. They gots no right to em unless they fork over 375 million doubloons as well!

ATqubqd.png

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Define full price. Pretty sure SoT has been £34.99 for years and Grounded/Pentiment are budget priced too.
From my POV, I'd consider the price they launched at on Xbox years ago would be considered the full price.

I don't know if any of these games got a permanent price cut on Xbox stores. But if they did, they should launch at those new prices on PS and Switch.

C2brixx

let's see pricing, I am not paying full price for old games
Well if you're a PS5/Switch only gamer then these games are new to you. The pricing strategy will tell a lot about Microsoft's thinking with this initiative. Are they just looking for new revenue or more players? Xbox as a console platform is all about Gamepass now and the value it represents. If they decide to massively discount the games they plan to make multiplatform it would hurt the value proposition of Gamepass for someone looking to Xbox as a platform.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Well if you're a PS5/Switch only gamer then these games are new to you. The pricing strategy will tell a lot about Microsoft's thinking with this initiative. Are they just looking for new revenue or more players? Xbox as a console platform is all about Gamepass now and the value it represents. If they decide to massively discount the games they plan to make multiplatform it would hurt the value proposition of Gamepass for someone looking to Xbox as a platform.
That's really not the game plan here. Game Pass is old story now for them. Not even Satya Nadella believes in that anymore.

They are after revenue. We'll even see some of these games on PS Plus Essential and Extra. Just like Bethesda's pretty much entire catalog is currently on PlayStation Plus Extra/Premium.

That is literally devaluing Game Pass's proposition and giving away its USP, but Microsoft doesn't care. They want money.

C2brixx

That's really not the game plan here. Game Pass is old story now for them. Not even Satya Nadella believes in that anymore.

They are after revenue. We'll even see some of these games on PS Plus Essential and Extra. Just like Bethesda's pretty much entire catalog is currently on PlayStation Plus Extra/Premium.

That is literally devaluing Game Pass's proposition and giving away its USP, but Microsoft doesn't care. They want money.
If they're after revenue then we'll probably see these launch at full price on other platforms. Games put in PS+ catalog come with a cost to Sony. So it's not the same as receiving the 30% cut platform holders do for retail sales. Microsoft putting their own games in Game Pass don't cost them anything. It's a subscription service. Users have to keep subscribing to maintain access to those games. I'm sure Satya believes in it because it recurring revenue. It's the reason just about every media company has launched streaming services.

Topher

Gold Member

Not sure we can say Xbox console is all about Game Pass when Game Pass only brings in 10-15% of the game/content revenue for Xbox.

Last edited:

DJ12

I don't think Darwinism means what you think it means...
And you definitely don't know about the darwin awards.

Makes sense though as you are a candidate.

Joking aside, you really think adding a ps5 version is going to be a selling point for xbox?

I mean, it wasn't available for PS5 and people still didn't buy an xbox.

Oppoi

Congratulations to Phil and team Xbox for finally joining the big leagues. Shall we play a game? This is the beginning of the end for Xbox.

Top Bottom