• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nano Assault Neo and Ex [WiiU/3DS] - New trailers and official website opens

cacildo

They added the two best features wiiu has to offer: remote play and co-op using the game pad as player 2 screen

a winner is you

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
day 1 on Wii U.
but I'll look forward for it also on 3ds to play on the go (btw I know that they are 2 different titles)

taken from the trailer:

nano_wiiu_1_o7iud.jpg

nano_wiiu_2nocsb.jpg

nano_wiiu_3xtdto.jpg

nano_wiiu_4lhe6m.jpg

I said WOW

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Leave it to Shin'en to make a shooter and they'll deliver en mass.

chris3116

It looks fantastic. I'll get the Wii U version. I'll like to see a new Jett Rocket game. The wiiware game was short but good.

GWX

Just watched that 720p/60 fps video, and it looks VERY good... Very impressive stuff. Also, how is the 3D in the 3DS game? I think it was here in GAF where I saw some comments about heavy crosstalk problems if the 3D is active :(

I'd quote you all but there were quite a few replies; so thanks for the info folks!
WiiU version looks amazing; the eshop for that on launch is more impressive than other third party offerings at retail quite frankly.

OmegaZero

I guess I'll get Nano Assault Ex for the e-Shop too then.
Even though I already own the original.

EDIT:
Just watched that 720p/60 fps video, and it looks VERY good... Very impressive stuff. Also, how is the 3D in the 3DS game? I think it was here in GAF where I saw some comments about heavy crosstalk problems if the 3D is active :(

I personally loved the 3D effect. There was one boss that you fight on a small, spherical cell. It eventually shoots these ripple laser things at you that totally wowed me in 3D. It was the first time I have ever been amazed by the 3DS's 3D.
The one thing you gotta watch out for is this one dust mite boss. For some reason, the 3D effect was so "intense" that the images seemed to cross together. This was the first time I have ever gotten a headache from the 3D's 3D effect.

Celine

It looks fantastic. I'll get the Wii U version. I'll like to see a new Jett Rocket game. The wiiware game was short but good.
A new JR is on its way to come out on 3DS (not sure if it will still be a "free" 3D platformer).
Probably in early 2013.

GWX

I personally loved the 3D effect. There was one boss that you fight on a small, spherical cell. It eventually shoots these ripple laser things at you that totally wowed me in 3D. It was the first time I have ever been amazed by the 3DS's 3D.
The one thing you gotta watch out for is this one dust mite boss. For some reason, the 3D effect was so "intense" that the images seemed to cross together. This was the first time I have ever gotten a headache from the 3D's 3D effect.

Thanks, dude. It sure sounds impressive, but the high contrast nature of the game (bright colors and dark backgrounds) worries me. I hope they release a demo for the eShop version or something. The price is not yet known, right? Even without a demo, it might be an impulse buy from me; let's hope they price it right ($10 would be perfect).

OmegaZero

Thanks, dude. It sure sounds impressive, but the high contrast nature of the game (bright colors and dark backgrounds) worries me. I hope they release a demo for the eShop version or something. The price is not yet known, right? Even without a demo, it might be an impulse buy from me; let's hope they price it right ($10 would be perfect).

There is crosstalk, but due to the colorful nature of the environments, it's not an issue most of the time (for me at least). Then again, I'm someone who wasn't bothered by OoT 3D's crosstalk.
The framerate was the main issue with me, as it would fluctuate constantly in the later levels.

EDIT:
FYI, they have about 100 contractors working in China to achieve these graphics. :D

No way.
Really? Didn't know that.

Hale-XF11

So far, I think these are the differences between EX and retail:

- Online leaderboards
- Circle Pad Pro support
- updated graphics
- survivor mode
- "improved gameplay" (whatever that means)

Anything else?

GWX

There is crosstalk, but due to the colorful nature of the environments, it's not an issue most of the time (for me at least). Then again, I'm someone who wasn't bothered by OoT 3D's crosstalk.
The framerate was the main issue with me, as it would fluctuate constantly in the later levels.

Oh, there's framerate issues? That's a shame, I hope they fixed that =/ The website states "updated graphics" and "improved gameplay", but nothing about framerate... Again, I hope they release a demo :)

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
So far, I think these are the differences between EX and retail:

- Online leaderboards
- Circle Pad Pro support
- updated graphics
- survivor mode
- "improved gameplay" (whatever that means)

Anything else?
http://nanoassaultgame.com/ex/?about

About The Game

New Nano Assault EX Features
Support for Circle Pad Pro
All-New Survivor Mode, New Online Rankings
Improved Gameplay, Updated Graphics

Find, analyze, and destroy the Nanostray virus DNA with your Nanite vessel.
Harness the power of multiple weapons: Powerful Beams that lock onto enemies for instant impact; Energetic Bombs explode upon impact and launch devastating projectiles; Spins rotate around enemies in energy-draining orbs

Blast your way through 32 twisted cell stages and dark worlds with rugged landscapes that self-adjust in difficulty based on how you play.

Battle and defeat 10 extreme bosses including the Black Nucleus, Hyper Blobs, and Spore Plants to collect secondary weapons including lightning chains, electric flashes that destroy everything in close proximity, and the quick and powerful laser.

Test your skills in "Boss Rush" mode and battle bosses back-to-back!

Stunning gameplay aesthetic is set in a distinctive electron microscope inspired world.

Extra features include Missions Mode, an unlockable arcade style cell stage where you must destroy enemies against a time counter trying to get the highest score, and Hall of Fame where you can publish your level scores and compare them with friends online.

Detailed enemy Nanopedia lets you unlock information containing strengths, weaknesses, and strategies to defeat them.

OmegaZero

Oh, there's framerate issues? That's a shame, I hope they fixed that =/ The website states "updated graphics" and "improved gameplay", but nothing about framerate... Again, I hope they release a demo :)

Me too. But hey, if they don't, you can wait for my impressions. :b
I'm interested in seeing how the visuals compare to the retail release, since judging what I've seen of the trailer, the game looks the same.

I'm impressed. Looks great.

Shinen knows their shit. The file size for this is also probably 2MB. lol

Small scenarios, textures ok, good effects, etc. Not what I expect from a next gen DLC game, Super Stardust HD looks good too and it support stereoscopic 3D.

Celine

Me too. But hey, if they don't, you can wait for my impressions. :b
I'm interested in seeing how the visuals compare to the retail release, since judging what I've seen of the trailer, the game looks the same.
I suspect it is the same trailer.

If I own the game (day one here in US), will the EX version look significantly better? Enough to be worth a second investment?

*back then, Celine was utilizing my hands on videos I was posting over at IGN, which I appreciated - because more people need this awesome gem of a game ^_^

Top Bottom